Just listened to SiriusXM NFL guys at Dolphins camp...

eball

...and I'm now convinced the Fish will win the Super Bowl. :P

Just kidding, obviously, but it reminded me of how ridiculous these "camp visits" are by the national media. Great soundbites from several players, the GM comes on and talks about how everything is coming together, the hosts aren't critical because they appreciate the access, and there's nary a mention of any problems the team might have. It's one big circle jerk.

For example, the fact the Dolphins don't know who their starting QB is isn't a negative, it's a positive because "everyone's been having good practices." The GM (Jeff Ireland) wouldn't even rule out the 4th QB, Pat Devlin, because, "he's done a lot of good things out there."

It's pretty nauseating.

I listened to it too...after listening... I read on a website about Matt Moore being penciled in at #2 QB...

Pats Oline probs and the Jets second day of fighting...and the Dullphins starting a rookie...this really could be the end of the 13 year drought! *I hope*

This team that your mocking, beat us TWICE last year. So I agree with jumbalaya.

This team we're mocking beat us twice last year without Mario, Kyle, Gilmore, Glenn, Anderson, Merriman, Jackson (for 1.5 games). Oh, and our qb was injured. They also had Brandon Marshall. As long as we stay somewhat healthy, we've got them beat twice this year

This team that your mocking, beat us TWICE last year. So I agree with jumbalaya.

And The Bills are basically the same Team they were in 2011...The Fish still have Brandon Marshall...So it's definitely relevant what happened twice last year to an injury riddled Bills Team... :rolleyes:

The only thing those two Games will do is motivate The Bills to concentrate and get some much deserved pay-back in 2012...Unless of course we suffer similar injuries again...I'm sure The Fish will have a chance if Levitre is back at Center again... B-)

And The Bills are basically the same Team they were in 2011...The Fish still have Brandon Marshall...So it's definitely relevant what happened twice last year to an injury riddled Bills Team... :rolleyes:

The only thing those two Games will do is motivate The Bills to concentrate and get some much deserved pay-back in 2012...Unless of course we suffer similar injuries again...I'm sure The Fish will have a chance if Levitre is back at Center again... B-)

hey glad youre back from the hole you were living in...if you didnt notice 4-8 guys were out with injury last year by the time we played the fins, as well as us having at min 3 new starters more talented than their predecessors means the bills have basically 11 different people who will play the dolphins this year who themselves have gotten weaker. So how is it we are 'the same team"? Also fitz and SJ wont be playing hurt either. Also hows brandon marshall matter? if you want to say one guy is all that matters...why wouldnt 11 guys matter? or even just mario vs marshall, thats at least a push.

either way to make the statement,"we need to beat them before we talk" is rediculous. No we dont. Even if we had won last year, its a new year last year doesnt matter. All that matters now (til we play) are rosters and coaching. So we have every right to brag and talk smack!

Go to WGR550.com and listen to Clark Judge's take on the Dolphins. He basically said they are doomed to a very high draft pick this year. He also said Seattle signing T.O. was a huge mistake and they are nuts thinking he is going to anything.

PTR

Fitz had about a 58 rating in those two games, had 2 TDs and 5 INTs, you will beat no one when you have a bad QB and he plays even worse then he already is. Fitz was the reason we lost both those games.

Keep up the crusade, genius. Looking forward to seeing you on the DL shortly.

Keep up the crusade, genius. Looking forward to seeing you on the DL shortly.

[/quote

The game in MIA was a total team disaster with all the injuries and with the terrible snaps from Levitre it's amazing Fitz survivedthe game. So you really can't pin that one on Fitz.

Paintmyhouse does have a point in reference to the late season game against the fish in OP. This was one of the games where it became apparent that the league had figured out the tendencies of the Chan - Fitz O. On several playsThe mediocre Dolphins D set-up the Bills by blitzing and jumping the quick slant or short out. basically dictating the play and knowing where Fitz would go with the ball. 5 ints and 1 for 25 on 3rd & 4th downs in 2 games against one of the bottom tier teams in the league is not a coincidence. The Bills were badly out coached in both games and Fitz was not able to make the on the fly adjustments to salvage plays.

Already talking trash before week 1 of the preseason? C'mon guys. You know better than that. Karma's a B word, and y'all know this teams history with injuries. Save the talk for the post game celebration. A lot can happen between now and week 1 of the REGULAR season.

Not sure why, but I am more anxious than I can ever remember being for the season to get under way. My gut says this could be a big year, but I always have the "injury" scenarios in the back of my mind. It scares me, to be honest.

Edited by Kevin

Why are we all so sure that the Miami Dolphins are going to be irrelevant this year? Admittedly, 6-10 teams that bumble through the offseason don't often get a ton of attention, but the Dolphins have been absolutely buried amid the usual bloviation surrounding the Jets and Pats, with Mario Williams and the Bills occupying whatever AFC East gab space remains. Their primary roles for this upcoming season appear to be filling out the schedule and serving as an easy joke for lazy sportswriters.
Bill Barnwell Grantlant

I thought this was a good article by Bill Barnwell, he makes the case that Dolphins won't be terrible next year. I kind of buy the argument a bit...

And didn't I hear Dan Marino is going to be their #1 QB ???

I was at the Maimi game last year and they spanked us big time. I left in the 3rd qtr and knew at that point our season was over. Never assume your better than a division opponent, they will beat do it every time you do. Unless your the pats of course. :(