fitz will be on nfl live today 4pm

is he looking into the sun? or why his eyes are almost closed?

He's thinking, analyzing, dissecting questions and formulating answers. His mental mechanics are fantastic except for the gosh darn squinting of the eyes. David Lee, get on that ASAP

I thought the Bills were never featured on the NFL Network? I'm so confused.

Well, you ARE confused - NFL Live is on ESPN.

NFL Network had FredEx on this morning briefly.

ESPN also had Stevie on First Take. Idiot (whose name escapes me) tried to get a QB controversy between VY and Fitx going. It was so ridiculous Stevie didn't even really understand his question at first, and refused to play along.

In general - both networks have obviously caught a ton of flack for their Teb-boners and otherwise ridiculous focus on the 8-8 Jets. They've both made on-air comments that make it clear they are sensitive (defensive?) about the criticism.

I say too bad for them - they deserve the abuse.

Bigger picture than the narrow focus by team - what you learn when they actually cover the Bills (if you didn't catch it already) is that their coverage is mindless fluff regardless. Unless you are hearing breaking news from Schefter or detailed film breakdowns from Jaworski, you probably aren't going to learn a damned thing you didn't already know watching either network.

Pretty much confirmed what I already knew (*sigh*) Lee is adressing Fitz's lower body where some of the problem exists (Not throwing off his back foot) , but neglecting Fitz's upper body where, IMO, MOST of the difficulties (interceptions) originate.

Lee would be better served finding out why Fitz drops the the ball under his elbow, and whips the pass forward like a slingshot. Not only does this wind-up take valuable time out of the play, it opens the door to ALL SORTS of nightmare scenarios. I've assembled some points and observations from a laymen's point of view.

Fitz CANNOT control the speed, or the trajectory of the pass.

The ball comes out Low, (easy to bat-down) and takes an upward trajectory which relies on it "slowing down" and dropping into the recievers hands.

If the ball slows down too early, (short passes) or too late, (skips off the intended recievers fingers) the possible outcomes are an interception, an injury, (overextended, vulnerable, reciever) -A tipped ball, or, best case scenario, an incompletion.

There's also a stare-down factor that adds even more uncertainty to the pass. While Fitz's inefficient mechanics are taking place, his eyes remain LOCKED on the desired reiever. -Any corner or safety paying the slightest bit of attention can move to disrupt the play.

Also, with a throwing motion like that, once you commit to a reciever, It's hard pull it back. Playing catch with recievers in warm-ups is one thing. Being able to adjust to multiple defenders on a changing field is quite another. I've noticed that the Bears Jay Cutler has a similar motion. The difference is that Cutler has a much stronger arm, and as a result, a far quicker release.

Lastly, the danger of this whipping motion also seems inherent. Using tendons in the elbow joint as a "sling" IMO is just asking for problems. While baseball pitchers do it all the time, propelling a baseball through the air at high velocity places different stresses on the associated joints when we consider the weight and the shape of a football. I look for Fitz's velocity and accuracy to peak early in the season, and wane as it wears on.

Ftzo's arm may be getting stronger, but his mechanics still stink. Seems like Lee gave up on teaching him the correct way to pass. -Way to go, Chan! (*sigh*) JUST ONCE, I'd like to be wrong about this team's direction.

Edited by #34fan

is he looking into the sun? or why his eyes are almost Iclosed?

Clint Eastwood eyes.

JUST ONCE, I'd like to be wrong about this team's direction.[/size][/font][/color]

You are wrong a lot. You just don't notice it.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Pretty much confirmed what I already knew (*sigh*) Lee is adressing Fitz's lower body where some of the problem exists (Not throwing off his back foot) , but neglecting Fitz's upper body where, IMO, MOST of the difficulties (interceptions) originate.

Lee would be better served finding out why Fitz drops the the ball under his elbow, and whips the pass forward like a slingshot. Not only does this wind-up take valuable time out of the play, it opens the door to ALL SORTS of nightmare scenarios. I've assembled some points and observations from a laymen's point of view.

Fitz CANNOT control the speed, or the trajectory of the pass.

The ball comes out Low, (easy to bat-down) and takes an upward trajectory which relies on it "slowing down" and dropping into the recievers hands.

If the ball slows down too early, (short passes) or too late, (skips off the intended recievers fingers) the possible outcomes are an interception, an injury, (overextended, vulnerable, reciever) -A tipped ball, or, best case scenario, an incompletion.

There's also a stare-down factor that adds even more uncertainty to the pass. While Fitz's inefficient mechanics are taking place, his eyes are LOCKED on the desired reiever. -Any corner or safety paying the slightest bit of attention can move to disrupt the play.

Also, with a throwing motion like that, once you commit to a reciever, It's hard pull it back in. Playing catch with recievers in warm-ups is one thing. Being able to adjust to multiple defenders on a changing field is quite another. I've noticed that the Bears Jay Cutler has a similar motion. The difference is that Cutler has a much stronger arm, and as a result, a far quicker release.

Lastly, the danger of this whipping motion also seems inherent. Using tendons in the elbow joint as a "sling" IMO is just asking for problems. While baseball pitchers do it all the time, propelling a baseball through the air at high velocity places different stresses on the associated joints when we consider the weight and the shape of a football. I look for Fitz's velocity and accuracy to peak Early in the season, and wane as it wears on.

Ftzo's arm may be getting stronger, but his mechanics still stink. Seems like Lee gave up on teaching him the correct way to pass. -Way to go, Chan! (*sigh*) JUST ONCE, I'd like to be wrong about this team's direction.

Some interesting points there for sure and thought out, although I disagree that Fitz has a slow release issue at all, and am pretty confident that if one of the best and most knowledgeable quarterback coaches around doesn't beleive the upper body work to be a problem, then I don't either. I do know what you mean about the whipping motion though...

I always felt one of Fitz's good points was that he doesn't stare receivers down. His release is not always a big windup except on some his longer passes. Most of his throws are a quick release in under 2.5 seconds, hence the least sacked QB in the game today. I think it's his gunslinger mindset that causes the most problem. How many times has he fired it side arm,or falling backward, or running for his life at the last second. Would I change any of that about him, no. Thats what Fitzmagic is all about. I have to billieve he will get the picks under control this year and improve his throws with Lee's help.