current depth chart released

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just a motivating tool. fluff.

Morrison haters beware. he played little last year and hardly any tape on him. Because they decided to break Kelvin in for the future.

This guy Kirk has been a starter as long as he played till he got here. And i dont think he missed any games.

But i do hope that Bradham develops quickly enough to get on the field and have an IMPACT this season.

Scott is a LB playing a hybrid role as folks mentioned. we have alot of linebacker packages and versatilty to cope with most offenses. Both Barnett or Morrison can move to the middle and or qb the defense for Wannstadt if Shepp comes out.

Anderson in front of Kelsay - Is there really anyone that doesn't think Kelsat deserves to be on the team as a backup DE, at least? (And before anyone starts, just shut up about his salary. You're not paying him and we're not cap-constrained).

Donald Jones #2 WR - I think he deserves to be on the team but agree with others he hasn't proven to be stronger than the competition this year yet.

McKelvin #2 CB - That's a big step up to him being listed as "Other" a couple days ago. I doubt he can hold that spot until the end of preseason. Unless McGee is 100%, I don't think there's any way he gets cut. And if McGee is fully healed, he likely makes it anyway.

Tashard Choice #3 RB - Ahead of Johnny White, who is still PS -eligible I'm pretty sure

Hairston still ahead of Glenn at LT - Come on, Cordy, take that spot! Good for Hairson fighting hard to keep the starting position.

Easley listed as "Other" WR - I'm surprised by this. Hopefully this motivates him to to step up his game and be noticed. Ruvell Martin is higher. Really?

Tank Carder behind Scott McKillop at MLB - Really? Is this just for PS game one?

Thigpen ahead of Young - I'm a bit surprised, but not really. I think the team defaulted to keeping what had already been communicated in most places.

McKelvin #2 CB - That's a big step up to him being listed as "Other" a couple days ago. I doubt he can hold that spot until the end of preseason. Unless McGee is 100%, I don't think there's any way he gets cut. And if McGee is fully healed, he likely makes it anyway.

Tank Carder behind Scott McKillop at MLB - Really? Is this just for PS game one?

It's Leodis's contract year so he has to play better.

I like Tank but McKillop is no joke. Don't discount the fact that he a defensive captain for Wanny at Pitt and Singletary drafted him. He's just gotta stay healthy and he'll get into the rotation.

To reiterate popular themes in this topic:

1) We haven't even played the first game yet meaning a person could go from 3rd at their position group to 5th in one day (game).

2) This "depth chart" is as much a motivating tool as it is a true representation of who is where.

Will Prince Miller stick relegating Brooks to the PS? Leodis keeps slipping but will his return game skills keep him on the roster.

I'm not sure this applies to you but many posters here seem to forget that putting a player on the practice squad requires that he passes through waivers. I seriously doubt Brooks would pass waivers, especially considering that MANY teams are short/weak at cornerback.

I don't remember reading anything about Bryan Scott being switched to LB full time.

Chris Brown reported that Scott sits in the linebacker meetings and doesn't sit in the DB meetings. This was about a week ago I believe.

Are we seriously going to start Kirk Morrison at OLB? He looked horrendous last year.

Also, looking at the safety depth it is no wonder Nix is looking to get some help.

That's odd… I hardly remember Morrison playing last year. Also did anyone on that D play well last year?

Finally Morrison has a good track record as an NFL starter. I think it's really early to be dogging the guy.

A few more thoughts after looking at the depth chart.

I believe Carrington will end up making the team. I have a gut that the team will have to make a choice between Spencer Johnson and Dwan Edwards.

I don't believe McGee makes it but it's too early to say. McKelvin has been the primary slot corner and it's obvious the team wants him to succeed. They keep saying good things about him "we expect Leodis to have a good year" "when he was demoted last year he didn't hang his head… he volunteered to return punts and kicks and worked hard in practice" etc.

Dickerson is listed as a fullback so he's not competing directly with the tight ends on the roster though he is competing with them indirectly.

Players being made to work for a spot (motivational use of the depth chart): Glenn, Ron Brooks, V Young, Easley, and Carrington.

To reiterate popular themes in this topic:

1) We haven't even played the first game yet meaning a person could go from 3rd at their position group to 5th in one day (game).

2) This "depth chart" is as much a motivating tool as it is a true representation of who is where.

I'm not sure this applies to you but many posters here seem to forget that putting a player on the practice squad requires that he passes through waivers. I seriously doubt Brooks would pass waivers, especially considering that MANY teams are short/weak at cornerback.

Chris Brown reported that Scott sits in the linebacker meetings and doesn't sit in the DB meetings. This was about a week ago I believe.

That's odd… I hardly remember Morrison playing last year. Also did anyone on that D play well last year?

Finally Morrison has a good track record as an NFL starter. I think it's really early to be dogging the guy.

:rolleyes: Yes, I know it would mean putting Brooks through waivers but I kept looking at the DB's and based on what we have heard so far it would appear he is the odd man out. And, like many other Bills' cuts this year there is a good chance someone else would pick him up. I just don't see them cutting Leodis and so it comes down to how many DB's we keep.

:rolleyes: Yes, I know it would mean putting Brooks through waivers but I kept looking at the DB's and based on what we have heard so far it would appear he is the odd man out. And, like many other Bills' cuts this year there is a good chance someone else would pick him up. I just don't see them cutting Leodis and so it comes down to how many DB's we k

They wont cut a fourth round rookie. Brooks is safe

:rolleyes: Yes, I know it would mean putting Brooks through waivers but I kept looking at the DB's and based on what we have heard so far it would appear he is the odd man out. And, like many other Bills' cuts this year there is a good chance someone else would pick him up. I just don't see them cutting Leodis and so it comes down to how many DB's we keep.

I wonder if Terrence McGee doesn't improve if they would consider putting him on PUP in anticipation of him returning to good health and helping out in case of injuries by week 6. This would serve the dual purpose of giving Ron Brooks a roster spot.

I also wonder if they would put Troup on IR as he apparently had a setback and didn't even practice today. Rather than give up on a 2nd rounder it would seem to make more sense to give him a year to rehab and rebuild and hope that next year he can be the player they thought they were getting when they drafted him.

Just a thought on these two guys.

Are we seriously going to start Kirk Morrison at OLB? He looked horrendous last year.

Also, looking at the safety depth it is no wonder Nix is looking to get some help.

Actually i wanted to see him play more last year to see what he had, did i miss something i didn't see him on the field for more than 20 plays?

It is typical to move bubble players up on the depth chart for the first preseason game or 2

To give them a quality chance to either step-up or give them enough rope to hang themselves. I am still confident that players like Easley & V Young will still move up on the depth chart by the 3rd or 4th preseason games.

A few more thoughts after looking at the depth chart.

I believe Carrington will end up making the team. I have a gut that the team will have to make a choice between Spencer Johnson and Dwan Edwards.

I don't believe McGee makes it but it's too early to say. McKelvin has been the primary slot corner and it's obvious the team wants him to succeed. They keep saying good things about him "we expect Leodis to have a good year" "when he was demoted last year he didn't hang his head… he volunteered to return punts and kicks and worked hard in practice" etc.

Dickerson is listed as a fullback so he's not competing directly with the tight ends on the roster though he is competing with them indirectly.

Players being made to work for a spot (motivational use of the depth chart): Glenn, Ron Brooks, V Young, Easley, and Carrington.

I think Carrington is on the bottom of the three you mentioned. Johnson played OLB last year and Carrington couldn't even though there were a few reports he was practicing for that position, which seems to be telling me Johnson moves better and therefore has more value in this D. And they (Chris Brown, Wanny) seem to mention Edwards as a solid defender. One thing that could keep AC here is if he plays well enough they could trade Edwards.

I don't know how solid Brooks is. One thing I like to do is check out the offensive highlights and see who the defender is getting burned. I saw his number a few times early but hopefully he will step it up. Unfortunately he may not have seen enough of the field in college to be trustworthy on the field yet. We may have to take the chance with the practice squad.

McKelvin ahead of Spiller as Punt Returner surprised me.

Thigpen over VY? I dont see it staying like that. Maybe some motivation for Young?

Troup because of injury is a bust so far. I don't see him making the team.

And Jasper behind Levitre is eyecatching as well.

Actually i wanted to see him play more last year to see what he had, did i miss something i didn't see him on the field for more than 20 plays?

Yeah Morrison really didn't play at all last year, so I don't know who the Morrison haters were watching. When he actually did get a few snaps at the end of the season, he was ILB in a 3-4 playing out of his natural position.

I think Morrison is going to be an above average OLB for us this year.

I wonder if Terrence McGee doesn't improve if they would consider putting him on PUP in anticipation of him returning to good health and helping out in case of injuries by week 6. This would serve the dual purpose of giving Ron Brooks a roster spot.

I also wonder if they would put Troup on IR as he apparently had a setback and didn't even practice today. Rather than give up on a 2nd rounder it would seem to make more sense to give him a year to rehab and rebuild and hope that next year he can be the player they thought they were getting when they drafted him.

Just a thought on these two guys.

At this point can McGee go on the PUP list?