Bills camp 8/3

I will not try and one up a few of the people on here who do a great, in depth job at reportin on Bills Camp. It was my first time attending since I have been away in the Marines for 21 years and recently retired. So here is just a few bulleted quick hits in no specific order

-Fitz looked very sharp and has a great command of the offense. My only concern on the out patterns he lacks a little zip in the ball. Be prepared for a few pick sixes from that.

-Terrence Mcgee was still re habbing on the sideline and his knee was still in a brace. I would say he is 50/50 on making the team. Injuries can change those percentages in his favor.

-Vince Young looked, well, like Vince Young. The offense lined up in 5 WR sets, no O or D line, Just a few LB's, Safeties and Corners. On one play he had a receiver wide open back of end zone, threw short and it was picked. Other throws were not on time and not properly placed.

-George Wilson will have a HOF season. He was all over the place and just is fun to watch. He has complete control of the defense. Gotta love him!!!

-Moorman was booming punts!

Kudos to the staff at SJF.... they were very courteous and ready to be of assistance. My boys loved the interactive zone. For the love of God, Please get some more shaded areas, Damn it was hot with very little refuge. I am excited for the season to start. Go Bills.

Edited by billsfan_34

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

here is what I saw today. Fitzy was in total control and accurate. Young doesn't move his feet after he sets, so if the primary wr is not open he throws awkwardly in a different direction. Very inaccurate. At WR Hagen, Clowney and Jones all looked very good. Clowney really impressed me. Brock was a surprise at TE. Fred looked as good as ever. He took a screen pass and exploded like we are accustomed to seeing. Then he ran a route from motion in the red zone that didn't look like a normal route, but Fitz knew exactly where he would be (TD). McKillup looked too slow and Tank too small. The real story was Gilmore. I spent the most time watching him. When he knew who he was covering, he was good ( although he did get turned around twice). The scary thing was 50% of the time he didn't seem to know who to cover. Both in zone coverage as well as facing trips, he frequently ended up doubling someone and leaving a guy open, I deduced that it was his fault because a coach kept talking to him. Not time to panic, its early. But it was concerning. Lastly, Eddins and Jasper went at it. Not sure what started it but Eddins was out of his mind pissed. It was hottttttt there.

Edited by Robchester

I will not try and one up a few of the people on here who do a great, in depth job at reportin on Bills Camp. It was my first time attending since I have been away in the Marines for 21 years and recently retired.

Congrats on your retirement and thank you for your service to our country! It's because of you and your comrades who stand tall in dark places that my family and I can sleep comfortably in our warm beds at night. /respect

On to the Bills. Thx for the eyes on report. Young has me worried. Sounds like he is clueless out there. If Fitz goes down...'shudder'.

Congrats on your retirement and thank you for your service to our country! It's because of you and your comrades who stand tall in dark places that my family and I can sleep comfortably in our warm beds at night. /respect

On to the Bills. Thx for the eyes on report. Young has me worried. Sounds like he is clueless out there. If Fitz goes down...'shudder'.

Brad Smith as number 2?

Brad Smith as number 2?

Not happy about that either! Just had higher hopes for Young as a backup. Admittedly, I'm prolly being reactionary but I expected him to at least be an upgrade over Thiggy. Sounds like that's far from the case.

I will not try and one up a few of the people on here who do a great, in depth job at reportin on Bills Camp. It was my first time attending since I have been away in the Marines for 21 years and recently retired. So here is just a few bulleted quick hits in no specific order

-Fitz looked very sharp and has a great command of the offense. My only concern on the out patterns he lacks a little zip in the ball. Be prepared for a few pick sixes from that.

-Terrence Mcgee was still re habbing on the sideline and his knee was still in a brace. I would say he is 50/50 on making the team. Injuries can change those percentages in his favor.

-Vince Young looked, well, like Vince Young. The offense lined up in 5 WR sets, no O or D line, Just a few LB's, Safeties and Corners. On one play he had a receiver wide open back of end zone, threw short and it was picked. Other throws were not on time and not properly placed.

-George Wilson will have a HOF season. He was all over the place and just is fun to watch. He has complete control of the defense. Gotta love him!!!

Kudos to the staff at SJF.... they were very courteous and ready to be of assistance. My boys loved the interactive zone. For the love of God, Please get some more shaded areas, Damn it was hot with very little refuge. I am excited for the season to start. Go Bills.

Thanks for the report but more importantly for your 21 years of service.

Not happy about that either! Just had higher hopes for Young as a backup. Admittedly, I'm prolly being reactionary but I expected him to at least be an upgrade over Thiggy. Sounds like that's far from the case.

Unless Thigpen totally lights it up, VY is our #2. Buddy loves athletes, and VY has abilities you can't teach. Also, apparently you can't teach him how to learn an offense either :)

My first Camp also and it was Hot as :devil: out there.

Jasper got in fight with some one couldn't quite tell but it was good to see him show some nasty which hasn't been his hallmark thus far.

Stevie's groin was really bugging him and they should have just shut him down for all the limping and hopping around he was doing, no use ruining a star guy.

Speaking of "Stars" Mario did zippo today. Don't know if was injured but he was rarely on the field and would run one play with the starters then go out until the starters rotated back in again for ... one play :blink: he better be a gamer goes he did jack today. :angry:

here is what I saw today. Fitzy was in total control and accurate. Young doesn't move his feet after he sets, so if the primary wr is not open he throws awkwardly in a different direction. Very inaccurate. At WR Hagen, Clowney and Jones all looked very good. Clowney really impressed me. Brock was a surprise at TE. Fred looked as good as ever. He took a screen pass and exploded like we are accustomed to seeing. Then he ran a route from motion in the red zone that didn't look like a normal route, but Fitz knew exactly where he would be (TD). McKillup looked too slow and Tank too small. The real story was Gilmore. I spent the most time watching him. When he knew who he was covering, he was good ( although he did get turned around twice). The scary thing was 50% of the time he didn't seem to know who to cover. Both in zone coverage as well as facing trips, he frequently ended up doubling someone and leaving a guy open, I deduced that it was his fault because a coach kept talking to him. Not time to panic, its early. But it was concerning. Lastly, Eddins and Jasper went at it. Not sure what started it but Eddins was out of his mind pissed. It was hottttttt there.

Apparently Eddins was getting way to close on some of his pressures on Fitzy and Jasper went after him to protect our QB. Like you said, it was hot and tensions are high...especially for the practice squad players trying to make the team. Hopefully nothing to worry about.

BTW, heading to camp tomorrow and my buddy got some tix in some corporate VIP tent. I plan on taking some notes and I'll let u guys know how things look to an average high school football coach.

Edited by Wooderson

Thanks for serving in the Marines for 21 years.

hoooraahh on the retirement

Thanks it was my pleasure

Thanks for the update-

but ditto the more thanks for your service- my oldest served in the Marines also - fantastic group of Americans!

The finest fighting force in the world.....thanks to your oldest.....go Bills

hoooraahh on the retirement

Much appreciated friend!!!!!

Thank You for your service and Welcome Home! Nice Observations and enjoyed reading. Did 30Years in the USN. Great to be home again!

Thank u too!!!! It's great to be home for sure.....chapter 2 is certainly nice

Thanks for serving in the Marines for 21 years.

Anytime it was a fun ride!

Unless Thigpen totally lights it up, VY is our #2. Buddy loves athletes, and VY has abilities you can't teach. Also, apparently you can't teach him how to learn an offense either :)

I think ur right !!!!

OOH RAH!! Congrats on a successful career! I tried making it 20 years, but got medically separated after 8 1/2 years. Thanks for the report from camp!