It's the story, of a network with no new ideas

/dev/null

it actually looks like a different take on it so it will be interesting...i like how they did the movies, they didn't just make it a movie of the tv show...they kept the family frozen in time, but the world progressed and it made for a couple of good movies...

i also give vince vaughan some lee-way, i think he is very talented and i look forward to see how he handles this...

of course it could suck major ass, but we'll see

and isn't peter billingsley the kid that played cousin oliver???

*edit, guess not he was ralphie in a christmas story, coincidentally i always think of cousin oliver when i see ralphie

Edited by The Poojer

Wow, all the comments below that story on their site all bash the idea saying they will have to make one of the characters Gay.....

I actually don't see a problem with this premise for a show and don't see it as the usual rebooting of a dead series. The only tie to the original show seems to be that they are taking one of the characters from the original show and using them in a premise thats more of a modern day situation of the original shows premise. Its not like they are just redoing the old show. Its not like they are taking a show like say, MASH and just redoing it with the characters being in Afganistan or Iraq, or Hogans Heros taking place in Guantanimo, or The Beverly Hillbillies are more "Trailer Trash" then "country folk".

man, maybe I can go work in Hollywood, I think I just came up with 3 shows for NBC/CBS/ABC next season!

Wow, all the comments below that story on their site all bash the idea saying they will have to make one of the characters Gay.....

I actually don't see a problem with this premise for a show and don't see it as the usual rebooting of a dead series. The only tie to the original show seems to be that they are taking one of the characters from the original show and using them in a premise thats more of a modern day situation of the original shows premise. Its not like they are just redoing the old show. Its not like they are taking a show like say, MASH and just redoing it with the characters being in Afganistan or Iraq, or Hogans Heros taking place in Guantanimo, or The Beverly Hillbillies are more "Trailer Trash" then "country folk".

man, maybe I can go work in Hollywood, I think I just came up with 3 shows for NBC/CBS/ABC next season!

It's the beginning of pitch season now in TV... and I think you're right.

Count your blessings: they're not rebooting Gilligan's Island.

("What, Ginger brings three months' worth of different outfits, and the Howell's bring trunks of money on a three hour boat tour...but no one has a !@#$ing satellite phone???")

It's the beginning of pitch season now in TV... and I think you're right.

I'd actually watch "M*A*S*H*ganistan"

Ok, so does anyone know where to get a good deal on a flight to Hollywood and where I can find the network heads? I may have a bidding wars on these ideas.......

For Gilligans Island reboot, I think they have to be on a plane, who goes on small boat tours today? ABC might like this one, they can probably piece together most of the episodes just by using clips from LOST

:thumbsup: The original show was pretty awful, I expect even less from this. If the "Brady Bunch" has any appeal it is that it is conjures up a sense of nostalgia for many people between the ages of, roughly, 40-50. The movies worked, to a degree (I think they are far better than the original series, at least the first one), because they embraced the nostalgic aspect of the show, and, somehow, made it contemporary. The "somehow" was to make it sort of make fun of the "sweetness" of the orginal. This new concept, a divorced Bobby Brady, dealing with ex's and kids is, frankly, just lame. Is Bobby Brady going to be the new Louis CK? :thumbdown:

:thumbsup: The original show was pretty awful, I expect even less from this. If the "Brady Bunch" has any appeal it is that it is conjures up a sense of nostalgia for many people between the ages of, roughly, 40-50. The movies worked, to a degree (I think they are far better than the original series, at least the first one), because they embraced the nostalgic aspect of the show, and, somehow, made it contemporary. The "somehow" was to make it sort of make fun of the "sweetness" of the orginal. This new concept, a divorced Bobby Brady, dealing with ex's and kids is, frankly, just lame. Is Bobby Brady going to be the new Louis CK? :thumbdown:

take away the name and its a typical sitcom premise though

the onyl thing that seems to make people against it is the idea that it takes off from the Brady Bunch because its one of the characters from the original show. They could have just pitched the show about a divorced dad with kids getting remarried to a new wife with kids, its cookie cutter sitcom premise

The original show was pretty awful

:o

Bite your tongue!

The movies worked, to a degree (I think they are far better than the original series, at least the first one), because they embraced the nostalgic aspect of the show, and, somehow, made it contemporary. The "somehow" was to make it sort of make fun of the "sweetness" of the original.

Yup; but the new show won't have the luxury of goofing on the original so all they'll have to work with is the nostalgia of the name; which will last till about the third episode when it'll dawn on people that the show sucks. Mark it down: they'll draw a huge audience for the first episode and lose 80% of it within three weeks.

:o

Bite your tongue!

It was not a good show... it was a family show.. it wasn't funny..."Partridge Family", right afterwards was much better! Even as a kid, I hated the "Brady Bunch"! I watched it every week, because that is what you did on Friday nights...

This far in and no one has said they'd still do Maureen McCormick?? Guys, you're slipping.

Ok, so does anyone know where to get a good deal on a flight to Hollywood and where I can find the network heads? I may have a bidding wars on these ideas.......

For Gilligans Island reboot, I think they have to be on a plane, who goes on small boat tours today? ABC might like this one, they can probably piece together most of the episodes just by using clips from LOST

I still go on boat "tours". Every time we go to the Caribbean we charter a sailboat.