On DirecTV it Says Bills Redskins Game Will Be Live

I pressed Menu and searched for NFL preseason and it shows Bills Redskins on channel 642 will be shown live at 7pm on August 9th (Thursday)... I checked the channel and it's called comcast sportsnet... Right now they're just showing a bunch of infomercials... Does anybody know if they really WILL show the game live on this channel? Thanks in advance...

On a side note, if it won't be on channel 642 live, it will be shown on the 10th of August at 4pm on the NFL Network just so you know...

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, it will be blacked out, even if you subscribe to their sportspack, which that channel is a part of. Oh well. Like you said, you can watch the NFLN replay, or subscribe to preseason live. Something tells me the illegal feeds will be tough to come by this year.

HurlyBurly, I'm not so sure. Since there is no preseason NFL "package" (the broadcast rights are owned by the individual teams) I don't believe these channels in the 600s will be blacked out. I don't think I'm dreaming that I've seen some live NFL preseason action on these channels in prior years -- but then again, I wouldn't stake my reputation on it either.

Anyway, I subscribed to Preseason Live to be on the safe side.

HurlyBurly, I'm not so sure. Since there is no preseason NFL "package" (the broadcast rights are owned by the individual teams) I don't believe these channels in the 600s will be blacked out. I don't think I'm dreaming that I've seen some live NFL preseason action on these channels in prior years -- but then again, I wouldn't stake my reputation on it either.

I pressed Menu and searched for NFL preseason and it shows Bills Redskins on channel 642 will be shown live at 7pm on August 9th (Thursday)... I checked the channel and it's called comcast sportsnet... Right now they're just showing a bunch of infomercials... Does anybody know if they really WILL show the game live on this channel? Thanks in advance...

On a side note, if it won't be on channel 642 live, it will be shown on the 10th of August at 4pm on the NFL Network just so you know...

Depends on where you are. That is the comcast sports network for DC so if you arent in Buffalo and you get the channel, you'll be able to watch it live.

Please will you guys tell me more about Preseason Live?

Thank you in advance.

EDIT: Yeah, just looked at it online and I am not ashamed to admit that I almost wet myself.

EDIT #2: Well, what the heck, it says the games are still blacked out...?

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

Depends on where you are. That is the comcast sports network for DC so if you arent in Buffalo and you get the channel, you'll be able to watch it live.

That is just not true.

I am 99.5% certain that it will be blacked out. It has been for many years on DirecTV. They make it look like it'll be available, but when gametime comes it goes black. I'll check it out myself next Thursday, but I advise anyone depending on this particular outlet to view the game live not to get their hopes up too high. Of course, there is the .5% chance I am completely wrong :flirt:

that's what I posted the other day.

where do you subscribe to Preseason live?

The game was originally scheduled to air on NFL Network on Thursday night but that's been removed from the scheduler on DTV and replaced with their pre-season around the league show. If you have the NFL Network the game replays on channel 212 on Friday at 4 PM and Sunday at 6 PM.

NFL Preseason Live

You can watch all preseason games live or on demand until mid September for $19.99, on your pc or tablet. Its a no brainer.

Consider me brainless. I already will get to watch all the preseason games through NFL Network on DirecTV (although delayed) so it's not worth 20$ for me. If it were regular season, that would be another story.

Being blacked out DTV in rochester is not going to happen even if

Trust me, it won't be live on 642 unless you're in DC.

http://www.dbstalk.c...ead.php?t=62948

Has anyone outside of DC tried to tune to 642 to see if they get Comcast Sports or whatever its called? other than what was posted on that forum

Does the NFL live for your PC or smart phone also blacked out?