Should they pay their "fair share"?

9 members have voted

1. 1. Should Olympic Medalists Pay Taxes?

• Yes, of course
    • Yes, but at a reduced rate
    • Absolutely not - they're "special"
    • Other

They shouldn't even be allowed to keep their medals. The government should take them...call it a "windfall tax" if you'd like, it's really just the government taking ownership of what they loaned to the athlete to begin with. If you win a medal in the 10k or weightlifting, you didn't get that on your own. I’m always surprised by people who think, well, it must be because I was just so fast. There are a lot of fast runners out there. It must be because I'm stronger than everybody else. Let me tell you something: there's a whole bunch of strong people out there. If you won a medal, somebody along the line gave you some help. There was a great coach somewhere in your life. Somebody helped to build the track that allowed you to practice. Somebody invested barbells and Nautilus machines. If you've won a medal -- you didn't win that. Somebody else made that happen. So of course they should be taxed.

They shouldn't even be allowed to keep their medals. The government should take them...call it a "windfall tax" if you'd like, it's really just the government taking ownership of what they loaned to the athlete to begin with. If you win a medal in the 10k or weightlifting, you didn't get that on your own. I'm always surprised by people who think, well, it must be because I was just so fast. There are a lot of fast runners out there. It must be because I'm stronger than everybody else. Let me tell you something: there's a whole bunch of strong people out there. If you won a medal, somebody along the line gave you some help. There was a great coach somewhere in your life. Somebody helped to build the track that allowed you to practice. Somebody invested barbells and Nautilus machines. If you've won a medal -- you didn't win that. Somebody else made that happen. So of course they should be taxed.

^^^^^^That was good.^^^^^^

They shouldn't even be allowed to keep their medals. The government should take them...call it a "windfall tax" if you'd like, it's really just the government taking ownership of what they loaned to the athlete to begin with. If you win a medal in the 10k or weightlifting, you didn't get that on your own. I’m always surprised by people who think, well, it must be because I was just so fast. There are a lot of fast runners out there. It must be because I'm stronger than everybody else. Let me tell you something: there's a whole bunch of strong people out there. If you won a medal, somebody along the line gave you some help. There was a great coach somewhere in your life. Somebody helped to build the track that allowed you to practice. Somebody invested barbells and Nautilus machines. If you've won a medal -- you didn't win that. Somebody else made that happen. So of course they should be taxed.

:lol:

Shouldn't they be given tax breaks? I thought the more you make, the less you should pay in taxes, because then they'll be more likely to trickle it down on the less profitable members of society.

Most Olympic athletes don't make a hell of a lot. So tax the **** out of them, I say.

I am so stealing this.

You never disappoint. Very clever :thumbsup:

Bloody !@#$ing brilliant!

Truly brilliant.