Panthers Center Guarantees Super Bowl

My link

Thats pretty cool, you could argue he shouldnt have done this, but i like it anyways (attitude anyways, not panthers winning the SB)

Ryan Kalil is expecting the Carolina Panthers to have a magical season.

The sixth-year center bought a full-page ad in the Charlotte Observer on Wednesday, telling Panthers fans their "unwavering support" would be rewarded this year.

And Kalil has a goal in mind how fans would reap the benefits with what he said is "One hundred-percent, sterling silver victory. The Lombardi Trophy."

The 178-word open letter, called "a war cry to fans," had one emphatic statement:

CAROLINA PANTHERS -- SUPER BOWL XLVII CHAMPIONS!

A three-time Pro Bowler, Kalil told the newspaper he didn't tell anyone about the ad for fear of being talked out of it.

"Every team says it every year, whether it's publicly or not," Kalil told the newspaper. "They say they're going to win the Super Bowl.

We've said it in the past in meeting rooms and behind closed doors. This year's different. There's a sense of urgency, a winning attitude that I haven't seen before. And it's in the way we prepare. It's in the way we approach each workday, and I think fans will see it in the way that we play."

Edited by AReed Deep For6

My link

Thats pretty cool, you could argue he shouldnt have done this, but i like it anyways (attitude anyways, not panthers winning the SB)

"Every team says it every year, whether it's publicly or not," Kalil told the newspaper. "They say they're going to win the Super Bowl.

We've said it in the past in meeting rooms and behind closed doors. This year's different. There's a sense of urgency, a winning attitude that I haven't seen before. And it's in the way we prepare. It's in the way we approach each workday, and I think fans will see it in the way that we play."

There's something to be said for saying "our goal is to win the Superbowl and nothing less will do"

Truthfully, it bothers me that Nix et al talk publically about our goal being to win the division, and make the playoffs.

On the other hand, publicly guaranteeing Superbowl before the start of the regular season seems to have a long and notable history of FAIL.

We play them, don't we? [edit: no we don't. me bad, I was confused between the Jags week 13. both big cats, y'know?]

Edited by Hopeful

Funny, when Whitner did it he was run out of town by Bills fans and was called a bunch of unpleasant things for saying it..............

Well Panthers have more pieces in place than the bills did at that time. Although not sure with the DT's they have they can stop anyone in the ground game.

The other thing different is that Buffalo has ton of very loyal fans, while Charlotte is more of a college sports following city. Panthers almost need to make outrageous statements to even get talked about locally.

Edited by rstencel

Funny, when Whitner did it he was run out of town by Bills fans and was called a bunch of unpleasant things for saying it..............

I think the key difference (at least for me) is that Kalil is a 3-time Pro Bowl Center and All-Pro.

Whitner was/is an average starting safety who talks a big game and rarely backs it up.

For the record i think they both are stupid. Panthers are the 3rd best team in their division. In a pretty good NFC they will be competing for a wildcard with Atl, NO, NYG, Philly, Cowboys, Bears, Lions. Good luck

The sixth-year center bought a full-page ad in the Charlotte Observer on Wednesday, telling Panthers fans their "unwavering support" would be rewarded this year.

I've been to Panther games. It was like going to church. Everyone is dressed up but few really cares what's going on. Quietest stadium I've ever been in. The fans are only there for the event not for the team. Unworthy!

Kalil and Mangold are considered the best centers in football…

Kalil bought a full page ad with his own money.

The two situations seem kinda different to me.