Looks like the Bain attacks have had...

Romney has made one big economic decision already and it has turned into a real loser for him. He wanted to let Detroit go bankrupt and everyone who is not retarded knows this was a foolish thing and it's going to cost him in the mid west states dearly. Biden over the weekend was hammer that message in Ohio

Are you trying to imply that GM & Chrysler didn't file for bankruptcy? ( which btw - they did) Or are you trying to imply that Romney thought those 2 should have been liquidated? (which btw - he didn't)

Going through a bankruptcy does not mean the company will be liquidated. If it did, there'd be no domestic airline industry.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you trying to imply that GM & Chrysler didn't file for bankruptcy? ( which btw - they did) Or are you trying to imply that Romney thought those 2 should have been liquidated? (which btw - he didn't)

Going through a bankruptcy does not mean the company will be liquidated. If it did, there'd be no domestic airline industry.

I'm making a political argument. Forget everything else.

Romney has made one big economic decision already and it has turned into a real loser for him. He wanted to let Detroit go bankrupt and everyone who is not retarded knows this was a foolish thing and it's going to cost him in the mid west states dearly. Biden over the weekend was hammer that message in Ohio

Spacheem, you seem to get more facts wrong that a hooker gets clients at a Legionaire's convention.

Please keep up the fractionated sentences and misspelled/mischaracterized pronouncements.

They're a hoot.

Your guy is going down and going down hard.

Four more months! Four more months! Four more months!

Spacheem, you seem to get more facts wrong that a hooker gets clients at a Legionaire's convention.

Please keep up the fractionated sentences and misspelled/mischaracterized pronouncements.

They're a hoot.

Your guy is going down and going down hard.

Four more months! Four more months! Four more months!

Hey, check out this moron, now unpredictable things in the future are facts! Nice one! :worthy:

I'm making a political argument. Forget everything else.

Your political argument sucks. Bam "bailed" bailed out GM n Chrysler so that the UAW would end up holding the golden purse strings at the expense of the shareholders (the 1%?). Romney wanted them to go BK so that they would be relieved of their pension burden, and their debt.

Your hero just did it in a bass awkward manner that allowed the union to walk away with millions, maybe billions of tax dollars and a stake in the company.

Obama didn't save the auto industry, he saved the UAW.

Your political argument sucks. Bam "bailed" bailed out GM n Chrysler so that the UAW would end up holding the golden purse strings at the expense of the shareholders (the 1%?). Romney wanted them to go BK so that they would be relieved of their pension burden, and their debt.

Your hero just did it in a bass awkward manner that allowed the union to walk away with millions, maybe billions of tax dollars and a stake in the company.

This just tell me you know little about politics. And that means you are easily manipulated.

Bondholders, actually. Shareholders weren't getting **** no matter what.

This just tell me you know little about politics. And that means you are easily manipulated.

Seriously? You just argued a "political point" that's inaccurate where not completely wrong and counter-factual...and you're calling someone else easily manipulated? :lol:

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

:nana:

How the !@#$ you go from the bolded above to "women adore him?" YOU apparently adore him and are projecting YOUR favoring of his stance on the issues you listed above into meaning that women will flock to him, apparently because he's dreamy.

What job creation?

If "women's rights" (code word for abortion) were the be all end all, then ALL women would be Democrats. Women as a bloc are far more divided than African Americans or other racial minority groups tend to be.

The rest of the "quiver" of issues you've come up with are social issues which will not trump economic issues unless the economy takes a major upturn in the next 3 months. As much as you apparently desperately want the election to come down to social issues, it is not looking like that is what people are focused on currently. IF it does come down to social issues, the President will likely get re-elected. Right now, and for the past 45 or so months, it's looking like this election will be decided by the economy. Most of the women I know aren't too thrilled with the direction that's headed in currently.

And on a separate note, you said yourself, the President has been on the attack for 6 months. There are still 3 more months to go before people go to the polling stations. People want to hear what's right with the country, not just how this new guy is the devil. Attacking the other guy doesn't LOOK presidential. The tactics used, by both sides, will likely change significantly throughout the next 3+ months. If the President doesn't take the high road himself, he will give Mr. Romney an opportunity to look more presidential than the current President. If that happens, President Obama's election chances are in deep trouble. Past Presidents have let their campaign staff do their dirty work, the current WH occupant might be wise to follow that tack.

Okay. We'll just wait and see what happens.

On the margin? yes

But you are missing the broader point, which is that no matter how insignificant you may think advertising dollars can have an impact on elections, the Obama campaign and their super pac allies have spent close to $100M over the past few months attempting to define Romney, and they are burning through more money than they are raising, which means that a large part of their electoral strategy is occurring right now, which is the "Defining of Romney" stage. The fact that the national polls, and now this poll shows that their strategy has been largely ineffective, has to be causing lots of heartburn right now at the Chicago HQ.

One has to wonder when Romney will start defining Romney, because he hasn't presented a very clear picture of himself.

One has to wonder when Romney will start defining Romney, because he hasn't presented a very clear picture of himself.

I personally, would like to see him tout himself more than he has. He has a great story to tell, and as you noted, he hasn't spoken about all the good work he has done at the Olympics, which I believe is a tremendous positive and all the good that Bain Capital has done, in regards to the net jobs created, new businesses that were kick started and all the positive returns it has created for Pension and endowment funds, not to mention the lowering of the unemployment rate in Massachusetts from 5.6% to 4.7%, balancing of the budget and the ability to work across the aisle in a heavily Democratic state. This is a perfect resume of a turn around artist, which is what people want.

From what I've read, they plan on doing that beginning right before the Convention, I'm sure they'll do some of that, I think the question is how much? They certainly will have the money to get their message out, my guess is that they will.

Edited by WorldTraveller

What's the rush? Barry's been trying to define Romney, but has been failing miserably. Because the underlying problem, the economy, just won't go away. And now more and more people are starting to blame Barry and his policies for the sluggish economy.

Not to mention with things like partying with his Solyndra buds, releasing classified information, and "you didn't build that," Barry's writing Romney's stuff for him. Or should I say, he'll be painting him into a corner. ;)

What's the rush? Barry's been trying to define Romney, but has been failing miserably. Because the underlying problem, the economy, just won't go away. And now more and more people are starting to blame Barry and his policies for the sluggish economy.

I dunno... I think most who post here, no matter what side of the aisle they are on, are paying more attention to this stuff than the average person... Obama may be failing miserably at defining Romney, as you say, but what is Romney doing? We are only about 3 months away from a presidential election and we haven't heard anything substantive from him... I get that he wants to let Obama flail, and maybe that works.

But, don't forget, when GW Bush was elected for his second term, he wasn't particularly popular either. His approval ratings were on a steady decline leading up to the election in 2004 election.

People may not like Obama, but they don't really know who or what Romney is. He would be wise to speak for himself, rather than letting his wife and his minions do it for him. They aren't doing him a lot of favors.

I've got a say that I don't know where this "Romney has to define himself" or "What is Romney doing?" crap comes from. You must be in a NY or New England. Because Romney has been running for President for what seems like 6 or 7 years now.

States that don't know about Romney are states that are going to have all their electoral votes go for whatever democrat party member the left throws up ever 4 years no matter what. Why bother to run adds or hold campaign events in those states.

You'll learn more during and after the convention when the campaign truly goes national.

Really? "Only 3 months?"

No, it's "A lot can happen in 3 months".

It's the middle of summer. School starts at the end of next month and people will turn off their vacation brain and begin to seriously think about the next 4 years. I only hope they not only consider who will be the President, but who is currently the Attorney General and other political appointees. My hope is they seriously consider who will appoint the next 2 or 3 justices to the Supreme Court. I hope they consider those executive orders that go against the process of checks and balances.

Romney is speaking for himself. Those who wouldn't find fault if Obama was found in bed with 2 teenage boys aren't listening.

The rest are. And he's moving up in the poles despite the poles favoring democrat voters (disregarding the 2010 midterms as some sort of fluke). So, most people are receiving his message even if some of the left leaning posters here are not.

I've got a say that I don't know where this "Romney has to define himself" or "What is Romney doing?" crap comes from. You must be in a NY or New England. Because Romney has been running for President for what seems like 6 or 7 years now.

States that don't know about Romney are states that are going to have all their electoral votes go for whatever democrat party member the left throws up ever 4 years no matter what. Why bother to run adds or hold campaign events in those states.

You'll learn more during and after the convention when the campaign truly goes national.

Really? "Only 3 months?"

No, it's "A lot can happen in 3 months".

It's the middle of summer. School starts at the end of next month and people will turn off their vacation brain and begin to seriously think about the next 4 years. I only hope they not only consider who will be the President, but who is currently the Attorney General and other political appointees. My hope is they seriously consider who will appoint the next 2 or 3 justices to the Supreme Court. I hope they consider those executive orders that go against the process of checks and balances.

Romney is speaking for himself. Those who wouldn't find fault if Obama was found in bed with 2 teenage boys aren't listening.

The rest are. And he's moving up in the poles despite the poles favoring democrat voters (disregarding the 2010 midterms as some sort of fluke). So, most people are receiving his message even if some of the left leaning posters here are not.

If there's one person to blame for Romney's lack of definition, it's Romney-- thanks to all the RE-defining he's been doing over the 6-7 years you mention...

Exactly OX, this "concern" on the left, that Gov. Romney is "hurting" himself by not saying more (or releasing more...lol) is touching.

The man is well-established to those who are paying attention. He was one of the most moderate of the GOP candidates, so much so that the conservatives still are not 100% behind him. He gives 3 to 4 speeches a day, and interviews right and left.

The "has to define himself", is just another "hey look over there" tactic.

PS: Belated Happy Birthday wishes Oxrock !

If there's one person to blame for Romney's lack of definition, it's Romney-- thanks to all the RE-defining he's been doing over the 6-7 years you mention...

Thank's for making my point.

Despite your quips about him, Romney is probably one of the smartest men to run for office based simply on his resume. He knows what he's doing and if he starts listening to the talking heads about how to approach certain situations, he could kiss the presidency goodbye.

Like a good coach, you don't listen to the fans.