Looks like the Bain attacks have had...

Right, and being able to run a business and have a strong understanding of economics doesn't pre-qualify you as a good president, either.

NO, but when you add being governor of blue state of Massachusetts, which gives him governmental executive position experience along with turning around the 2002 Olympics, in the words of Bill Clinton : "had a sterling business career crosses the qualification threshold."

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right, and being able to run a business and have a strong understanding of economics doesn't pre-qualify you as a good president, either.

This is true...but with a trillion dollar deficit and 13+ trillion in debt, I'd bet on the guy that's actually worked with money before.

Totally right. By the same token, there really isn't *anything* that pre-qualifies anyone as a good President, is there?

While the above is true, we have a person running in this race who has demonstrated:

Extremely strong academic credentials (Harvard Law and Harvard MBA).

Strong executive ability in the Private sphere as a 'guy who fixes problems' (Bain).

Strong executive ability in the Public sphere as as 'guy who fixes problems' (Olympics).

Strong executive ability in the Public sphere as a Governor (Mass).

Demonstrated ability to work across the Political aisle to accomplish goals.

That is just about as complete a resume for President that one can have, especially considering the particular problems that the US faces at the moment.

This is true...but with a trillion dollar deficit and 13+ trillion in debt, I'd bet on the guy that's actually worked with money before.

They want a president who will destroy the capitalist system so a guy that's actually worked with money is actually a negative to them.

Does it strike anyone here (in an odd sort of way) that we are comparing the merits of someone who has had 3 1/2 years experience as president, to someone who has never been president, and the general consensus is that the president is the one lacking experience governing.

Does it strike anyone here (in an odd sort of way) that we are comparing the merits of someone who has had 3 1/2 years experience as president, to someone who has never been president, and the general consensus is that the president is the one lacking experience governing.

Some would say Obama has 3 1/2 years experience campaigning for a second term.

Edit: And you'd think he's show something for it...

Edited by DC Tom

Indeed.

Although it did stop posts of "I !@#$ed some great kitty last night"

Reminds me of a great Steve Martin joke from years ago. He opens with "My girlfriend has the best pu$$Y." When the crowd starts yelling, he says "Now this just drives me crazy. I'm talking about her cat! Really! I can't believe how you people are acting. I'm talking about her cat!"

The crowd keeps yelling, he pauses as all the best comedians do, leans up to the mic and says "That cat was the best fuccck I ever had."

The real question should be, how in the he'll is Romney not up by 10 points now? The economy is a disaster and Obama is still winning.

It looks like Europe is in recession and that's killing our economy, so Romney is probably gong to win

I do not see how Obama can win now

The real question should be, how in the he'll is Romney not up by 10 points now? The economy is a disaster and Obama is still winning.

Gee, that's precisely what Howard Fineman of the Huffington Post said on the Ed Show tonight on MSNBC.

Precisely.

You really are a regurgitating fool. May you one day think for yourself.

Gee, that's precisely what Howard Fineman of the Huffington Post said on the Ed Show tonight on MSNBC.

Precisely.

Lol, sorry, I didn't see that. I watched my stocks fall all well, saw McDonalds and Apple miss their earning in first time in forever and can see what's going on.

Put a fork in Obama, he is done

* I hope I am wrong :mellow:

Precisely.

Figured

Precisely.

From the Republicans will eat their own in the primary

To that primary fight left Romney in too deep a hole to dig out of by the election

To Romney used to be a moderate that Democrats could have supported until he became a firebrand right winger waging war on women

To Romney wants to fire you

To Romney is hiding something

To Romney is John Kerry redux

And now, it's Romney is supposed to win. Why hasn't he wrapped up this election by now? Obama is running as a tough underdog and everybody roots for the underdog

What's next? Will the Ancient Aliens decide not to return if Romney is elected?

Why isn't Romney running away with the polls? Too many people who need the gravy train to continue. But that will change soon enough when the economy is so bad, the gravy train starts falling off the track.