What's In Those Tax Returns?

Park

Right now it only seems that Mitt has something to lose. Why not make it so they both have skin in the game. If Harry is so convinced his source is credible then Harry can offer to resign if Mitt releases the returns and it shows he did pay taxes. And if at that point Mitt does not agree then maybe he is hiding something. And no crossing their fingers behind their backs... ;)

I am all for that. Harry puts up or leaves office if Mitt payed taxes. And if Mitt still doesn't agree, he drops out of the race. Okay boy's, show your cards.

Even if Mitt payed one penny... This would be the chance to get Harry out!

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am all for that. Harry puts up or leaves office if Mitt payed taxes. And if Mitt still doesn't agree, he drops out of the race. Okay boy's, show your cards.

Even if Mitt payed one penny... This would be the chance to get Harry out!

Ladies and gentlemen, the American voter.

Did Romney lie to the SEC or the American people?

Government documents filed by Mitt Romney and Bain Capital say Romney remained chief executive and chairman of the firm three years beyond the date he said he ceded control, even creating five new investment partnerships during that time.

Romney has said he left Bain in 1999 to lead the winter Olympics in Salt Lake City, ending his role in the company. But public Securities and Exchange Commission documents filed later by Bain Capital state he remained the firm’s “sole stockholder, chairman of the board, chief executive officer, and president.”

Also, a Massachusetts financial disclosure form Romney filed in 2003 states that he still owned 100 percent of Bain Capital in 2002. And Romney’s state financial disclosure forms indicate he earned at least $100,000 as a Bain “executive” in 2001 and 2002, separate from investment earnings.

but

Mitt Romney Public Financial Disclosure Report, Aug. 11, 2011: Mr. Romney retired from Bain Capital on February 11, 1999 to head the Salt Lake Organizing Committee. Since February 11, 1999, Mr. Romney has not had any active role with any Bain Capital entity and has not been involved in the operations of any Bain Capital entity in any way.

Romney’s signature appears on the line that states: “I certify that statements I have made on this form and all attached schedules are true, complete and correct to the best of my knowledge.”

Making false statements to the federal government is a serious crime (under 18 USC 1001) carrying possible fines and up to five years in federal prison.

My link

This should give everyone a good idea of what the loony left would do if Romney released his taxes. Good lord.

I gotta say that Coulter, who I detest, hit the nail on the head. Barry has NO dirt to unseal on Romney. So he's trying to trick Romney into unsealing dirt on himself. Good luck with that!

EVERYONE avoids paying as much in taxes as they can.

Everyone is not running for POTUS :P

Did Mitt Romney Take the 2009 Swiss Bank Account Amnesty

is that why he's hiding his returns?

My link

But even though the amnesty would eliminate any legal or financial liability for past acts, it would hardly eliminate political liability.

Ut oh :o

Everyday I wake up and see he hasn't released them I do a harty "hurrah!" This Tricky Mitt is obviously hiding a bomb shell but the longer he hides the greater the drama grows.

John McCain has seen them and really hasn't said anything. But we do know this. He didn't pick Mitt as a running mate. He took Palin instead, lol. Could be related to the taxes? We don't know.

What's he hiding???

Good question Park! Where you been dude? Did they ban you again? Asian bias?

Who really give a flying **** about his taxes. What does it really matter. If he was calling for higher taxes on the rich and hiding that he paid less than most of them it would be a big deal. But he's not. He's calling for lower taxes. So really, what the big deal about his taxes. The question is whether or not he would be a good president. Let's face it. He wouldn't be that bad.