What's In Those Tax Returns?

Park

Who really give a flying **** about his taxes. What does it really matter. If he was calling for higher taxes on the rich and hiding that he paid less than most of them it would be a big deal. But he's not. He's calling for lower taxes. So really, what the big deal about his taxes. The question is whether or not he would be a good president. Let's face it. He wouldn't be that bad.

As I've said before, he'd be the lesser of two evils. And in this case, far less.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who really give a flying **** about his taxes. What does it really matter. If he was calling for higher taxes on the rich and hiding that he paid less than most of them it would be a big deal. But he's not. He's calling for lower taxes. So really, what the big deal about his taxes. The question is whether or not he would be a good president. Let's face it. He wouldn't be that bad.

Lower taxes for whom, exactly? Not me. And unless you make more than $500,000/year, not you either.

The reason his returns are a hot topic right now is not that he paid 0 in taxes. It's what we'll learn about an unfair tax code that allowed him to pay 0 in taxes, and whether we want to make it worse, or reform it and make it better for all Americans. Romney's returns are an opportunity to see how the tax code works for the wealthy, and decide if we want to keep taking it in his direction that will benefit a small group of people, or take it in the direction of real fairness and efficiency.

Lower taxes for whom, exactly? Not me. And unless you make more than $500,000/year, not you either.

The reason his returns are a hot topic right now is not that he paid 0 in taxes. It's what we'll learn about an unfair tax code that allowed him to pay 0 in taxes, and whether we want to make it worse, or reform it and make it better for all Americans. Romney's returns are an opportunity to see how the tax code works for the wealthy, and decide if we want to keep taking it in his direction that will benefit a small group of people, or take it in the direction of real fairness and efficiency.

If we don't let the Bush era tax cuts expire everyone's taxes are going up. So he may not lower them for everyone but he'll prevent them from going up for everyone. You do realize that by letting those tax cuts expire the group that will see the biggest tax increase will be the lower brackets. You also realize that the ACA will also raise taxes on everyone correct? And you don't have to see Romney's return to know how the weathy use the tax code. You know how to see how the wealthy use the tax code? Brush up on the tax code. Seeing Romney's return is not necessary.

Oh and BTW where did you get that $500k number from ??

Edited by Chef Jim

If we don't let the Bush era tax cuts expire everyone's taxes are going up. So he may not lower them for everyone but he'll prevent them from going up for everyone. You do realize that by letting those tax cuts expire the group that will see the biggest tax increase will be the lower brackets. You also realize that the ACA will also raise taxes on everyone correct? And you don't have to see Romney's return to know how the weathy use the tax code. You know how to see how the wealthy use the tax code? Brush up on the tax code. Seeing Romney's return is not necessary.

Oh and BTW where did you get that $500k number from ??

Again, dont make this personal. I was using "we", as in all Americans. It will put a spotlight on something most Americans know very little about. I know you are a finance guy, so I am outmatched, but Im also not trying to debate you on the little things. I als have no problem admitting Im outmatched because that's my point. Unless you are in finance, most Americans know very little about the tax code. This is a chance to better educate everyone. My point was addressing the question of "why should we care about his tax returns?"

$500k is a number I use as a guideline to determine whether the GOP really cares about you or not. If you make less than that, they hate you. That's all there is to it. (well not really, but it can be boiled down to it)

Again, dont make this personal. I was using "we", as in all Americans. It will put a spotlight on something most Americans know very little about. I know you are a finance guy, so I am outmatched, but Im also not trying to debate you on the little things. I als have no problem admitting Im outmatched because that's my point. Unless you are in finance, most Americans know very little about the tax code. This is a chance to better educate everyone. My point was addressing the question of "why should we care about his tax returns?"

$500k is a number I use as a guideline to determine whether the GOP really cares about you or not. If you make less than that, they hate you. That's all there is to it. (well not really, but it can be boiled down to it)

Yeah, and the average American is going to look at his tax return and say :wacko: so that will solve nothing. If you want to educate the American public on the US tax code they need to brush up on the tax code not demand that someone make their returns public. That's just idiotic. And to your remark that the GOP hates people who make under $500K?? :lol:

So let me get this straight, in order for us to address our tax code more effectively, Mitt Romney should release more tax returns?:lol: You can't make this up

Link? Mr. Reid.... There you go again, with your mindless talking points.You truly are a grade A moron. :lol:

You idiot, Im not condemning him if he did. Knowing how the wealthy operate, there is very good chance he paid 0 in taxes, and was COMPLETELY COMPLIANT with the law. I dont hold it against him if he did, I hold it against the tax code. Which is what I said. Try reading and comprehending for once.

So let me get this straight, in order for us to address our tax code more effectively, Mitt Romney should release more tax returns? :lol: You can't make this up

You contribute ZERO. This is the only fun you have in life. Making fun of other peoples political opinions on a football message board. You are pathetic.

You idiot, Im not condemning him if he did. Knowing how the wealthy operate, there is very good chance he paid 0 in taxes, and was COMPLETELY COMPLIANT with the law. I dont hold it against him if he did, I hold it against the tax code. Which is what I said. Try reading and comprehending for once.

That's not what you said, you said he paid 0 in taxes, not "a very good chance he paid 0"you really shouldn't be telling other people to "try reading and comprehending for once" Just sayin'

You contribute ZERO. This is the only fun you have in life. Making fun of other peoples political opinions on a football message board. You are pathetic.

Looks like someone is getting a little hot under the collar. Relax bro, it's all good, no need to get all worked up :lol:

That's not what you said, you said he paid 0 in taxes, not "a very good chance he paid 0"you really shouldn't be telling other people to "try reading and comprehending for once" Just sayin'

Looks like someone is getting a little hot under the collar. Relax bro, it's all good, no need to get all worked up :lol:

Calmer than you, dude. Enjoy your little PPP boner.

My father would womanize; he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark, or $500k is a number...to determine whether the GOP really cares about you or not. If you make less than that, they hate you. Sometimes, he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament

Nope. Welcome to the GOP. If you aint wealthy, we dont care. That's the easiest way to illustrate it.

And they obstruct Obama's pro-business agenda because he's black, right? It's okay. You can admit it. Edited by LABillzFan

Nope. Welcome to the GOP. If you aint wealthy, we dont care. That's the easiest way to illustrate it.

You need to pop over here more often. It was getting a bit boring and predictable. So can you elaborate on where you came up with this $500k love/hate line in the sand. Oh I know $500k is just a number you made up but I want to hear why you think the GOP hates you if you're not rich. This should be good.

Edited by Chef Jim

That is ludicrous. You're trying to argue that increased visibility of ONE person's tax returns is a viable basis for tax reform (because we'll "learn" about the tax code).

One person.

One.

For the entire tax code.

That's just dumb. It's not going to prompt any sort of meaningful discussion on tax reform, it's just going to increase awareness that "The rich aren't paying their fair share" (like anyone's UNaware of that argument), which doesn't provide any insight, just provokes outrage that ultimately results in no meaningful reform (or even counter-productive reform.

If you really wanted to have a meaningful discussion of tax reform, you wouldn't be calling for Romney's earlier returns for insight into the tax code. You'd look at the returns he has released and say "I don't understand how he's paying 14%. I don't understand these at all. Why do we have a tax code that we can't even understand?"

But no one will do that. Because it ain't about the tax code. It's about demonizing the rich (and Romney in particular).

Last I checked, the BUSH tax cuts cut taxes for everyone.