Fuel for the fire, Bills lease, property tax hike

weehawk

Lots of talk about the RWS stadium renovation and the bill that has climbed past $200 million dollars. We dont know who's paying what yet, but we can be assured that the State/County will be kicking in a lot of it.

Today Mark Polancarz announced that Erie County property tax hikes are likely coming for various reasons.

So...dont bother responding if you're an apt dweller. You have no skin in this game.

If you are an Erie County homeowner, are you ok with seeing your property taxes going up AGAIN, while the State/County, etc pitches in for that $200+ stadium reno?

Note: I'm all for keeping the stadium safe and viable. I'm also more than confident that this could be done for far less than $200 million.

Keep votin' those Democrats into office. The next wave of foreclosures is coming from folks who can no longer afford their property taxes.

Edited by Beerball
Edited title for clarity

<br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br />... Point-to-point protocol ? ...<br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br />... or Public Policy Polling ...<br />
<br /><br /><br />

... or Public–private partnership ? ... OK, I'll stop ... :)

"Apartment dwellers" have no say. That is downright hilarious. You know ... because they'll never become homeowners, or anything. Idiot.

And, you know, their rental rates wouldn't be affected by a property tax hike.

Lots of talk about the RWS stadium renovation and the bill that has climbed past $200 million dollars. We dont know who's paying what yet, but we can be assured that the State/County will be kicking in a lot of it.

Today Mark Polancarz announced that Erie County property tax hikes are likely coming for various reasons.

So...dont bother responding if you're an apt dweller. You have no skin in this game.

If you are an Erie County homeowner, are you ok with seeing your property taxes going up AGAIN, while the State/County, etc pitches in for that $200+ stadium reno?

Note: I'm all for keeping the stadium safe and viable. I'm also more than confident that this could be done for far less than $200 million.

Keep votin' those Democrats into office. The next wave of foreclosures is coming from folks who can no longer afford their property taxes.

keep pointing fingers...

I believe the tax hikes you refer to are in regard to ECMC, not stadium negotiations.

So, taxes will not increase if TSWers vote Republican?

Not for the wealthy.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

So, taxes will not increase if TSWers vote Republican?

Precisely. In fact, if Romney wins, he'll magically get the $200 million while decreasing your taxes. And he'll create jobs in the process. Obama, on the other hand, is the one who got the Bills into this mess in the first place. He's also the reason we haven't made the playoffs since the Clinton Administration.

Precisely. In fact, if Romney wins, he'll magically get the $200 million while decreasing your taxes. And he'll create jobs in the process. Obama, on the other hand, is the one who got the Bills into this mess in the first place. He's also the reason we haven't made the playoffs since the Clinton Administration.

I see your point and would like to add that Jim Kelly didn't start going downhill and retire until AFTER Clinton was in the whitehouse.

Why are you so confident? What do you know about the structure and the proposed upgrades/renovations? Are you an architect? or engineer?

200 million is a lot of money, i get that. But when you look at numbers of 1 billion for new stadiums, it does not sound to crazy.

Think about people who improve their $250K home by putting $30-50K in improvements. The number does not sound so crazy. Does it?

I thought it was Bush's fault