Fitz vs. Vick

Fitz vs Vick  

108 members have voted

1. 1. If given the choice, would you take Vick over Fitz?

• Vick
    • Fitz
  2. 2. Is calling Fitz names like Fitzgarbage cool for a full grown man?

• Yes
    • No
    • No, but no more annoying than calling him Fitzmagic

By the standard that he was runner up for MVP 2 years ago. Has led his team to the playoffs multiple season. Was the first ever QB to go into Lambeau and beat the packers in the playoffs. He has a career record of 53-37-1. Is a 4 time Pro Bowl player. What exactly has Fitz ACCOMPLISHED that allows us to even have this conversation? Oh yeah, I remember. He signed with the Bills. Does fitz have a chance to be a better QB than vick in 2012? Yes. No doubt, he has a chance. Of what we KNOW right now. Vick is the better player, hands down.

ROTFL!!! THANK YOU SIR!!!!... Why is this even a debate/argument really?? This is almost as bad a thread as the whole Josh Reed situation.... Must I go back into my Allen Iverson quote... LMAO...

I have forgiven him, and those who haven't I feel are petty. Sure what he did was bad, but he has gone above and beyond any NFL sanctioned requirements to make good. The answer to the beard question.....Me! I grow the better beard.

It doesn't have anything to do with being petty. Some people just value the lives of living creatures more than others and won't ever forgive Vick for the atrocities he committed. Some acts are unforgivable.

Honestly, This should not even be a question on who the best QB is. Wheather it's stats or win loss record, Vick is head and shoulders above Fitz. Fitz is a journeyman QB who has been nothing but a career backup for most of his NFL life. One of the reason is his decision making and accuracy is below par, and his arm strenght is questionable. Fitz, is good on his feet and pretty mobile and I'd put him above Vick once he has more consistant seasons. Vick has a cannon of an arm, his accuracy is better his decision making may be about the same and may be on a Jay Cutler level but that's only becuase of his strong arm. Jim kelly made some bad decision as well (strong armed QB's tend to do that fron time to time). Vick is a middle level QB with much more potential. Fitz is a career backup who is lucky that Trent Edwards sucked so bad or he'd still be a career backup. I want Fitz to be better because he's our QB and QB's in this day and age have to be good in order to win. Fitz made strides last year and hpopfully he'll do better, but as of right now Vick is better than Fitz.

Vick is the superior player hands down. I like Fitz, think the team can do well with Fitz, but given the chance to start Vick over Fitz I would go with Vick every time. If it was a question of starting one or the other over a season than Vick's injury history comes into play but in terms of quarterbackiness it is Vick by a solid mile.

If it we were talking about one game or even a three game series then Vick might be the choice based on his athletic ability but to lead a team I would take FITZ.

Yes, Vick's past haunts me but being here in South Jersey it appears that Vick is doing his very best to make up for his past mistakes and he did the time too.

The fact is Vick has never made it through an NFL season and I think he is on the downhill slope.

So on with FITZ!!! And, grown men with any intelligence do not get into teenage name calling tirades but it has been clear for a very long time that this board is a release for the teenage frustrations of many.

Last year fits accounted for more yards and touchdowns, and yes more interceptions. This is the first time he has entered the season as a starter with a full off season. I think if the name in the poll vs Fits was a. Rod, p or e manning, Brady, brees, rothlisberger, rivers, stafford, or Ryan, most bills fans would not pick Fitz. So no, not of course bills fans would choose their qb. This all started cause I said Vick is over rated. He cannot carry the jocks of the qb's listed above.

Fits will have a better year than Vick, that is my prediction.

As for the Fitzgarbage bs...as labron James says, you can say what you want, but you still got to go back to your s***y life. Or some thing like that. Lol.

Honestly, This should not even be a question on who the best QB is. Wheather it's stats or win loss record, Vick is head and shoulders above Fitz. Fitz is a journeyman QB who has been nothing but a career backup for most of his NFL life. One of the reason is his decision making and accuracy is below par, and his arm strenght is questionable. Fitz, is good on his feet and pretty mobile and I'd put him above Vick once he has more consistant seasons. Vick has a cannon of an arm, his accuracy is better his decision making may be about the same and may be on a Jay Cutler level but that's only becuase of his strong arm. Jim kelly made some bad decision as well (strong armed QB's tend to do that fron time to time). Vick is a middle level QB with much more potential. Fitz is a career backup who is lucky that Trent Edwards sucked so bad or he'd still be a career backup. I want Fitz to be better because he's our QB and QB's in this day and age have to be good in order to win. Fitz made strides last year and hpopfully he'll do better, but as of right now Vick is better than Fitz.

Don't quite understand this as I have seen it mentioned a few times. Vicks career accuracy or completion % is below that journeyman Fitzpatrick. What does that mean for Vicks accuracy?

Don't quite understand this as I have seen it mentioned a few times. Vicks career accuracy or completion % is below that journeyman Fitzpatrick. What does that mean for Vicks accuracy?

They both have below average accuracy.. vick is just better at everything else.

If this were some comparison of any other position, I'd take the more accomplished player. But for the QB of my team, I'd keep the guy we have. He is the spokesperson for the team, the franchise and this region on a national stage because he has the microphones and cameras on him constantly. He is a humble family man that appreciates his opportunity and I would not feel good about my team being lead by a QB short on the humanity rating. Fitz won't fail due to being dumb, lazy, a druggie, coward, thug, criminal, punk, or an egomaniac. If he fails it will be because he just doesn't have the athletic tools needed.

Remember Vick whining about the hits he was taking last year? I think back to when Ryan was recorded during a game and got drilled by a defender just after he released the ball who then landed on top of him. He says to the defender "Nice hit." Ryan is the type of man I want to lead may team. I want him to succeed to justify Chan's faith in him and allow us all the opportunity to see him develop with the rest of the team. If he can't lead the team to success this year, I think it's time to look elsewhere.

Last year fits accounted for more yards and touchdowns, and yes more interceptions. This is the first time he has entered the season as a starter with a full off season. I think if the name in the poll vs Fits was a. Rod, p or e manning, Brady, brees, rothlisberger, rivers, stafford, or Ryan, most bills fans would not pick Fitz. So no, not of course bills fans would choose their qb. This all started cause I said Vick is over rated. He cannot carry the jocks of the qb's listed above.

Fits will have a better year than Vick, that is my prediction.

As for the Fitzgarbage bs...as labron James says, you can say what you want, but you still got to go back to your s***y life. Or some thing like that. Lol.

This from the guy who wants me to spell Fitzgarbage name right...LOL... You can't even get LeBron James name correctly... Ironic Much?

This from the guy who wants me to spell Fitzgarbage name right...LOL... You can't even get LeBron James name correctly... Ironic Much?

You got me. Except I never asked you to spell his name in any way. I asked people in general if it is cool for a grown man to call another grown man names like Fitzgarbage. And that poll question clearly says the peeps agree that it is stupid and sophomoric. Or I can just quote eball-

'By the way, calling him fitzGARBAGE doesn't make anyone mad...it just makes you look like an immature douche. Fitzgibbons, Fitzgerald, etc., are all at least funny.'

Just like I never said Fitz was better than Vick, but rather Vick is over rated and that I preferred Fitz. So yeah, you got me. and yep, it sure is ironic...like a mustache. Now what is Ironic for real is your member name, seeing as how Lynch was just arrested.

So, you are a vick fanboy and a lynch fanboy... clearly you are a high character guy.

Vick can't stay healty. Fitz can. If Vick had to play behind our line the last couple of years he wouldn't have lasted til week 3. Then he'd come back week 8 and go out week 10 for the season. And playing with our WRs wouldn't help him much either. And with our D, I suspect our record would have been about the same.

Like the other guy said, if Vick comes to Buffalo I root for another team until he leaves. He paid his price to society blah blah blah. That's nice. I still don't want to root for a team he plays QB for.

And my dogs are Bills fans too.

It doesn't have anything to do with being petty. Some people just value the lives of living creatures more than others and won't ever forgive Vick for the atrocities he committed. Some acts are unforgivable.

A better question would be: If you could make Fitzpatrick a more accurate quarterback by being unpleasant to a dog, how many Bills fans would put a canine's feelings before their favorite team's success?

Vick has donated thousands of dollars to animal groups at this point and will continue to for the rest of his career. Isn't it conceivable that hundreds of dogs lives will have been improved by the crime he was punished for?

Edited by benderbender

Vick is the superior player hands down. I like Fitz, think the team can do well with Fitz, but given the chance to start Vick over Fitz I would go with Vick every time. If it was a question of starting one or the other over a season than Vick's injury history comes into play but in terms of quarterbackiness it is Vick by a solid mile.

Vick has put up excellent numbers these last two seasons. He averaged 8.1 yards per attempt in 2010, and 7.8 yards per attempt in 2011. Fitz's numbers aren't at that level, and aren't close.

But can Vick maintain that level of production? Or will some combination of defenses and age catch up to him? He's going into his twelfth year (at least if you want to count years suspended as "years.")

If I was looking for a quarterback for the 2012 season only, it would probably be Vick. But if we're talking about a QB for the next five years, it'd have to be Fitz.

I think you are all F'ing crazy!

If you took this poll outside of WNY and Greater Philly, it would probably be about 95% Vick 5% Fitz. The 5% for Fitz would come from those who absolutely abhor Vick for his dog fighting actions.

Love the hometown spirit and support of our horse, but this is really a no brainer (literally too, because Fitz is more intelligent) VICK ALL DAY EVERYDAY!

If you took this poll outside of WNY and Greater Philly, it would probably be about 95% Vick 5% Fitz. The 5% for Fitz would come from those who absolutely abhor Vick for his dog fighting actions.

Love the hometown spirit and support of our horse, but this is really a no brainer (literally too, because Fitz is more intelligent) VICK ALL DAY EVERYDAY!

That's pathetic. Pull your pants back on and keep your hands to the side.

That's pathetic. Pull your pants back on and keep your hands to the side.

Jim,

Good morning. Not trolling here. Let me put it another way. Let's go over to a Philly board and have the same poll. I would be impressed if Fitz got one vote.

This leads me to two conclusions, either Buffalo Fan's are far wiser than the rest of the league and all the "analysts", or we like anyone are victim to wanted our guy to be the best.

Jim,

Good morning. Not trolling here. Let me put it another way. Let's go over to a Philly board and have the same poll. I would be impressed if Fitz got one vote.

This leads me to two conclusions, either Buffalo Fan's are far wiser than the rest of the league and all the "analysts", or we like anyone are victim to wanted our guy to be the best.

Who beat who last year. All you need to know.

What's your point? The same would be true of any QB who hasn't achieved national prominence (or notoriety) outside his fanbase, eg if you asked nationally or in Philly "Schaub or Vick" you would likely get overwhelmingly "Vick" because more people have heard of him and because Philly folks are homers (ie fans of their team) just like we are. Statistically, Schaub is a far far better QB than Vick.(completion percentages of >65% with Houston and >95 QB rating and just for EA, averages 8 YPA)

Sorry, but "outside of WNY, everyone would pick Vick" doesn't seem like a compelling argument to me. It seems like another way of saying "Greater Philly folks are fans of the Iggles and prefer the Homeboy too" and "Nationally, people choose the more prominent player who gets more media buzz". It certainly doesn't mean everyone here is F'ing crazy.

You can construct an argument for Vick but it would need to be based on why you think the Bills, specifically, could win more with Vick, specifically.

This question is inspired by a debate in another thread. I say Fitz, but acknowledge Vick has slightly better numbers.

Hmm... Tough debate. Neither are that great. I don't think Vick or Fitz can take you to a championship. If I had to chose, sadly I'd Chose Vick, based on Record. Love the heart of Fitz though...

Let's see. Fitzpatrick has sucked his entire career and never statistically amounted to anything and has never been close to being a winner and has a noodle arm, versus a guy who has had some really good numbers, who has won in the past and even been in championship games, has a rocket arm, and is an immense talent that cannot be questioned.

• 1 month later...

This is a tough one. Vick has always been the most overrated QB alive. He's old, tiny and fragile. He has the best arm in the league but it is wasted on his tiny brain, which can't execute any playbook. How anyone would pick Philly in the SB (with equally overrated and brain dead Andy Reid still as HC) this year is nuts.

Vick struggled against the Browns yesterday. No way he beats the Jets yesterday. Since I see no change in outcome with Vick, I stay with Fitz.