Mr Businessman, You Didn't Build Your Business

Another note to the president...where exactly does he think the government's money comes from? Magic money-farting unicorns?

Tragically, the "money-farting unicorn" theory of wealth creation is close enough to actual QE Feredal Reserve policy as to be nearly indistinguishable.

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Warren Jimmy Conway explains how success only comes from everyone else.

"There is nobody in this part of town who got rich on his own. Nobody. You built a pizza joint down here - good for you. But I want to be clear. You get stocked on liquor and smokes at great prices from us. My boys are keeping the bad guys at a distance, so you have no shootings here. We made sure your place did not burn down like the one across the street. We got the police force covered, so you didn't have to worry that cops would come and inquire about your little basement gambling operation. Now look. You built a restaurant and it turned into something terrific - God bless! Keep a big hunk of it. But part of the underlying contract in the family is you take a hunk of that and pay forward for the next kid who comes along."

I would agree with that headline if the point was so that everyone could see what an utter idiot Elizabeth Warren is. This from a woman who insists, "I created much of the intellectual foundation for what they (OWS) do."

She created the intellectual foundation for unwashed hippies shitting on police cars?

What's her encore?

Every single day this POTUS astounds me more by his shear ignorance. One day, his college records will finally be leaked, and we'll all learn he has the brains of a gnat... Apologies to the smarter gnats....

Yeah, that couple who took a second mortgage on their home, maxed out their credit cards, worked their nails to the bone 80 hours a week, to try to make a dream come true, owes what again???

All through life, the government was there with it's hand out....

As they started their business, the government, by regulation and fees, had their hand out....

During those early years, had to make sure you stayed abreast, and paid new fees, and addressed new regulations the government imposed... hand out for more...

A bad year?? Don't dare not give the Government their take... Better to get another loan than miss a payment to big brother...

Now, years later, possible success, time for all that hard work to pay off... but.... wait... new government regulations, telling you how to run your business, and how to pay your employees... Healthcare and tax increases....

If you don't like it. WORK HARDER!!!!

Every single day this POTUS astounds me more by his shear ignorance. One day, his college records will finally be leaked, and we'll all learn he has the brains of a gnat... Apologies to the smarter gnats....

Yeah, that couple who took a second mortgage on their home, maxed out their credit cards, worked their nails to the bone 80 hours a week, to try to make a dream come true, owes what again???

As they started their business, the government, by regulation and fees, had their hand out....

During those early years, had to make sure you stayed abreast, and paid new fees, and addressed new regulations the government imposed... hand out for more...

A bad year?? Don't dare not give the Government their take... Better to get another loan than miss a payment to big brother...

Now, years later, possible success, time for all that hard work to pay off... but.... wait... new government regulations, telling you how to run your business, and how to pay your employees... Healthcare and tax increases....

Unless you're on welfare, in which case keep not working and we'll support you. Because your failure is everyone else's fault.

Edited by Doc

This rhetoric is dangerous. It's easy to dismiss out of hand when a nobody like Elizabeth Warren spouts it off, but this is coming from the President of the U.S. Even if this tanks his re-election bid, the meme is out there. Think of how many other ridiculous statements become conventional wisdom just by getting regurgitated repeatedly. This feels like a hail mary in the first quarter, but who knows. I'm not taking this lightly.

Oh, for crying out loud, Cinga. You know the only reason they became a success was because the whole community was there for them with their old fashioned barn raisings and volunteer work. Even their paid employees agreed to work 80 hours a week for 40 hours pay. The government assisted in providing them the forms to file their multitude of taxes. Don't you know it takes a village?

This rhetoric is dangerous. It's easy to dismiss out of hand when a nobody like Elizabeth Warren spouts it off, but this is coming from the President of the U.S. Even if this tanks his re-election bid, the meme is out there. Think of how many other ridiculous statements become conventional wisdom just by getting regurgitated repeatedly. This feels like a hail mary in the first quarter, but who knows. I'm not taking this lightly.

I'm convinced that if Obama gets another four years, there will be a WTF moment in this county so significant that his last year in office will make W's last year look like a Bush Lovefest, if for no other reason than because he simply has NO IDEA that the best way to fix the economy is to step back. The economy will freeze, he'll be stuck with a House and Senate that will keep him in check, and he'll resort to more "executive" decisions that will even freak out chicot.

You have to believe if ANYONE doesn't want him re-elected, it's Hillary. If she truly plans a run in 2016, she needs him gone now because she'll never be able to survive the misery index tied to Obama if he's leaving office when she's running for his seat. You think she'll want this dope by her side? No way in hell. She's twice the leader he will ever be, but having served under him, the tie would simply be too brutal.

The basic premise of this whole Obama campaign will be that if they repeat things often enough, even if it's a flat out lie, enough of the dumasses will believe it must be true simply because they keep hearing it, over and over again....

Think about it... Either our POTUS and his people are the dumbest people on the face of this earth, or they think the people are, and will believe anything they are told...

After that little gem, Barry won't be prez for much longer. Forget the meme.

Well, as much as I dislike Mitt, I have to say Obama is a fool here. Obama had all the advantages as a left winger, the media, the universities and all that, but Mitt rose to the top all on his own. He made his millions as a kid who just worked hard even without the help of a family and class to find him opportunites. Mitt will obviously be the the guy who helps the under privilidged kid of talent, like himself. Mitt's life of rising up by the boot straps is admirable, it's inspiring. Going from where he was to become richer is simply the American story. He never had any advantages but created all his own breaks, made his own way forward and has no one but himself to thank for his success, unlike Obama who was born with a silver communist manifesto in his mouth. I'm for Mitt now, the Horatio Alger of this election!

Well, as much as I dislike Mitt, I have to say Obama is a fool here. Obama had all the advantages as a left winger, the media, the universities and all that, but Mitt rose to the top all on his own. He made his millions as a kid who just worked hard even without the help of a family and class to find him opportunites. Mitt will obviously be the the guy who helps the under privilidged kid of talent, like himself. Mitt's life of rising up by the boot straps is admirable, it's inspiring. Going from where he was to become richer is simply the American story. He never had any advantages but created all his own breaks, made his own way forward and has no one but himself to thank for his success, unlike Obama who was born with a silver communist manifesto in his mouth. I'm for Mitt now, the Horatio Alger of this election!

is this supposed to be clever? Are we to pretend that Obama was a poor impoverished child who rose above a troubled past to achieve great things? And are we also to discount the achievements of anyone born to parents of means?

Most kids born to rich parents either coast or squander their opportunities and have modest personal achievements at best. Mitt took the opportunities given him and used that to eclipse the achievements of his father. Sure, Obama's achievements are significant, but let's look at what they are: Obama got into Ivy League schools (let's assume affirmative action wasn't a factor) and played the political game well enough to catapult to the Presidency (let's assume race didn't play a part). So what, besides going to school & successfully playing politics, has Obama ever done? what business has Obama ever built? How many jobs has Obama created?

Edited by Rob's House

How !@#$ing stupid is this. This false premise that Republicans believe in ZERO government or believe that we haven't received help from investors or family or friends investing in OUR success is such a pile of crap. Come, visit me at http://rockysbar.net and I'll tell you what makes our little neighborhood bar a success and it's not government.

I pay for the roads through taxation. I pay for the police through taxation. I pay for fire protection through taxation. I'll show you my assessment.

The crap you leftist keep falling for is laughable.

Where did Mitt's dad get his wealth you !@#$ing moron?

What did Mitt do with his inheritance?

Okay, so connections are something else... But where did they come from? Government? NO. His family set him up. You jealous takers could only hope your family had connections. Jealous dumb asses.

Lot's of cussing here by me. I don't normally do that, but this subject really pisses me off. A candidate whose family had connections and passed them down to him and allowed him to be successful is being compared to living of the government?

Projection. Obama had everything handed to him. From his UPPER middle class grandparents (Hell! His grandma was a bank officer for christ's sake!) and his child molesting benefactor Frank Marshall Davis. Obama is the poster child for a helping hand that he so cavilerly denigrates.

What a !@#$ing idiot.

*Channeling my inner Lewis Black**Spit and all**

is this supposed to be clever? Are we to pretend that Obama was a poor impoverished child who rose above a troubled past to achieve great things? And are we also to discount the achievements of anyone born to parents of means?

Most kids born to rich parents either coast or squander their opportunities and have modest personal achievements at best. Mitt took the opportunities given him and used that to eclipse the achievements of his father. Sure, Obama's achievements are significant, but let's look at what they are: Obama got into Ivy League schools (let's assume affirmative action wasn't a factor) and played the political game well enough to catapult to the Presidency (let's assume race didn't play a part). So what, besides going to school & successfully playing politics, has Obama ever done? what business has Obama ever built? How many jobs has Obama created?

Why are you attacking me? I agree with you that rich kids are born with a severe disadvanatage to the privilidged poor. That goes without saying. Did Romney ever get offered welfare? No! He had to suffer from business connections that led to wealth, political connections that led to opportunities and educational opportunites that led up. Poor guy! Obama was black as you suggest, which made him president, all Black people end up president. Rob, you might seem really, really dumb, but that's just because. You know, as I do, that Mitt is super great and should be able to hide his tax returns because soft brains like yourself think its good enough to do so!

How !@#$ing stupid is this. This false premise that Republicans believe in ZERO government or believe that we haven't received help from investors or family or friends investing in OUR success is such a pile of crap. Come, visit me at http://rockysbar.net and I'll tell you what makes our little neighborhood bar a success and it's not government.

I pay for the roads through taxation. I pay for the police through taxation. I pay for fire protection through taxation. I'll show you my assessment.

The crap you leftist keep falling for is laughable.

Where did Mitt's dad get his wealth you !@#$ing moron?

What did Mitt do with his inheritance?

Okay, so connections are something else... But where did they come from? Government? NO. His family set him up. You jealous takers could only hope your family had connections. Jealous dumb asses.

Lot's of cussing here by me. I don't normally do that, but this subject really pisses me off. A candidate whose family had connections and passed them down to him and allowed him to be successful is being compared to living of the government?

Projection. Obama had everything handed to him. From his UPPER middle class grandparents (Hell! His grandma was a bank officer for christ's sake!) and his child molesting benefactor Frank Marshall Davis. Obama is the poster child for a helping hand that he so cavilerly denigrates.

What a !@#$ing idiot.

*Channeling my inner Lewis Black**Spit and all**

No, you are not as dumb as Rob, sorry. He is in class by himself

Why are you attacking me? I agree with you that rich kids are born with a severe disadvanatage to the privilidged poor. That goes without saying. Did Romney ever get offered welfare? No! He had to suffer from business connections that led to wealth, political connections that led to opportunities and educational opportunites that led up. Poor guy! Obama was black as you suggest, which made him president, all Black people end up president. Rob, you might seem really, really dumb, but that's just because. You know, as I do, that Mitt is super great and should be able to hide his tax returns because soft brains like yourself think its good enough to do so!

No, you are not as dumb as Rob, sorry. He is in class by himself

The strawman strategy only works if you can be subtle about it. Arguing against a point no one made doesn't work if the casual observer can see what you're doing.

Your response is revealing though. Apparently you need not look to skill sets, accomplishments, and philosophies to determine the best candidate. You just look to who had richer parents and go for the other guy. Brilliant.

I'll start a thread tomorrow about what Obama's done to help the economy. I'd love it if you could stop by & give us your 2 cent. Thanks in advance, dude.

Romney's contacts from his dad or Barry's ascension via affirmative action. Six of one...

Barry's ascension via affirmative action.

While I don't believe for a second that Obama's actually worked hard to get where he is now...that observation goes a long way towards explaining why he believes no one succeeds without help.