Who Do You Think Will Win The Presidential Election?

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Truth.

538's Forecast

No offense dude, but I kind of have to question the objectivity of any news site that when I click on has an ad on the side with a picture of Obama and his wife with "Happy Birthday Barack, sign the card"

I prefer

http://www.270towin.com/

Lets you see how the polls stand now, and lets you play around with the map and do your own "What if" scenarios

No offense dude, but I kind of have to question the objectivity of any news site that when I click on has an ad on the side with a picture of Obama and his wife with "Happy Birthday Barack, sign the card"

I prefer

http://www.270towin.com/Lets you see how the polls stand now, and lets you play around with the map and do your own "What if" scenarios

That looks a little more accurate. Just a hunch, but I think Obama is more likely to lose some states that are assumed to be his, than Romney.

I prefer

http://www.270towin.com/

Lets you see how the polls stand now, and lets you play around with the map and do your own "What if" scenarios

Not sure if you are familiar with 538, but he uses pure statistics to come up with the results. Was pretty accurate last election too. 538 has all the polls on the sidebar and gives you a % for each candidate in each state.

Here is my prediction on 270towin anyways: My link

Not sure if you are familiar with 538, but he uses pure statistics to come up with the results. Was pretty accurate last election too. 538 has all the polls on the sidebar and gives you a % for each candidate in each state.

Here is my prediction on 270towin anyways: My link

Flip Ohio and Virginia to red and Iowa to tossup and you have my map. 266-266

Don't know about up around DC area but Virgina down around Hampton Roads it's not looking favorable for Obama

Flip Ohio and Virginia to red and Iowa to tossup and you have my map. 266-266

Don't know about up around DC area but Virgina down around Hampton Roads it's not looking favorable for Obama

Virginia is perplexing to me, but polling has shown Obama in the lead for a while now.

The Romney campaign has been BRUTAL. Not sure how anyone on the right could feel slightly confident in winning this election. If the election happened today, Obama would win in a landslide. (Basing it off electoral votes)

Where is all this brutality taking place? MSDNC, John Stewart, & network news? I haven't been watching TV so I guess I've missed it. What's funny to me is Romney's campaign is supposedly taken a beating, but I have yet to hear any substantive knocks on Romney or positive marks for Obama. It really makes me realize that elections mainly come down to making the disinterested morons in the middle FEEL differently about a candidate.

Where is all this brutality taking place? MSDNC, John Stewart, & network news? I haven't been watching TV so I guess I've missed it. What's funny to me is Romney's campaign is supposedly taken a beating, but I have yet to hear any substantive knocks on Romney or positive marks for Obama. It really makes me realize that elections mainly come down to making the disinterested morons in the middle FEEL differently about a candidate.

Yeah, presidential elections come down to who is the more likable guy, whether that's a good or bad thing. I know they right likes to complain about class warfare, but it works as a campaign strategy. The Obama team is trying to paint Mitt Romney as an out of touch wealthy guy and frankly it seems to be working.

Romney is on the defense and doesn't seem like he will ever release any more tax returns which is probably a bad idea. They should get it out of the way now. The problem I think is that he probably paid ZERO taxes one of the years.

All of the above plus Sunday Shows these last two weeks and particularly Sunday shows this last week (all of them). Even Fox has talked a bit about it and got onto him slightly for it so you know it's bad. It's been MSNBC's main story for a while and Stewart and Cobert killed him on it...I don't watch but I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't leak over to Saturday Night Live b/c the surrogates and Romney himself are starting to sound a bit Sarah Palin-ish just giving the same non-answer over and over....

All that said it's bad but it's early and it's not like he just got caught in a truck stop bathroom on his knees. The main thing is there's no excuse as I said earlier and also that they just are turning into a comedy show with really doing tons of interviews (him and surrogates) where they just say the same non-answer to questions that while maybe not about the economy (as he would like) are somewhat legitimate.

Romney's handling of the Baine issue is extremely brutal. His job was to maximize profits- not to hire domestically. Why is it so hard for him to end that topic.....

Romney's handling of the Baine issue is extremely brutal. His job was to maximize profits- not to hire domestically. Why is it so hard for him to end that topic.....

Because if you go through the firms he helped create, chances are he helped create jobs and still made a **** load of money.

In business only the best and brightest can do well in private equity.

Because if you go through the firms he helped create, chances are he helped create jobs and still made a **** load of money.

In business only the best and brightest can do well in private equity.

So why doesn't he just say that and be done with it? It really is that easy.

All of the above plus Sunday Shows these last two weeks and particularly Sunday shows this last week (all of them).

Yes, but thanks to Barack unplugged, this entire weekend will be dedicated to the fact that successful people didn't get that way on their own...someone else did it!

That's all you see all over the place right now. Twitter is filled with people posting things like "Thanks to the government, I just finished baking a cake today!" or "I'm getting a lot done at work today. And I didn't even do it!"

Mock him they will. Right through the weekend shows.

It shouldn't. They should be upset with our taxation system, not the guy who reacts to it.

Welcome to the thought process of the average voter.

If you want more examples, stay on the board and read "Park aka DIN".

Yes, but thanks to Barack unplugged, this entire weekend will be dedicated to the fact that successful people didn't get that way on their own...someone else did it!

That's all you see all over the place right now. Twitter is filled with people posting things like "Thanks to the government, I just finished baking a cake today!" or "I'm getting a lot done at work today. And I didn't even do it!"

That was clearly a mistake by Obama and has given Mitt a one ledge of many he needs to pull himself past this. At least and opening to try to change the dialogue and adopt a new narrative. That said a it's not nearly as substantive as Romney's actual nondisclosure (whether relevant or not in anybody's opinion) so it wont' completely dwarf it. But it is a classic example of one slip up in the millions of speeches both candidates give provides momentum to change a bad situation...long race etc.

This may well be the theme at the convention which carries through the rest of the election. "Economy bad, Obama doesn't celebrate entrepreneurial America so how can he fix it?."

Edited by TheNewBills

That was clearly a mistake by Obama and has given Mitt a one ledge of many he needs to pull himself past this. At least and opening to try to change the dialogue and adopt a new narrative. That said a it's not nearly as substantive as Romney's actual nondisclosure (whether relevant or not in anybody's opinion) so it wont' completely dwarf it. But it is a classic example of one slip up in the millions of speeches both candidates give provides momentum to change a bad situation...long race etc.

This may well be the theme at the convention which carries through the rest of the election. "Economy bad, Obama doesn't celebrate entrepreneurial America so how can he fix it?."

Dude, you're really starting to disappoint me. How in the hell is the President's opinion that American entrepreneurs owe their success to the government less substantive than Romney's PERSONAL finances?

Romney should have taken the opportunity to call Barry a communist. Whether true or not (and what's good for the goose...), it would have really been a body blow.