Who Do You Think Will Win The Presidential Election?

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

World you don't understand the conversation I'm trying to have. It has nothing to do with how you feel or what the candidates are in your mind or even in reality. Basic messaging, and attack tactics...of both campaigns. It's politics talk in here. So you can leave your emotion at the door.

NewBills, you are trying to approach this as if you are Karl Rove or Joe Trippi, and that's fine. The problem you have here is that the vast majority of people here want to talk about what's right and what's wrong (in their individual minds). Obama made a terrible gaffe that will stay with him throughout this election. I'm not saying that he doesn't believe in what he said. The gaffe was in saying what he believes. It's not going to play well, and if Romney's camp utilizes it to the max it will be very effective against Obama. Let me put it this way: if Romney is successful in exposing Obama for what he really is, then Romney wins. If Obama can hide his true beliefs and convince the people that his policies are something different than what they truly are, Obama will win. So yes, the best messenger will win. At what cost?

Was it the one that said Magox might be traveling the world, or he might be dead?

Yes.

LoL , na I'm still here, for now. I've got pc issues, so I'm here using the iPad , which I couldn't find my pass for the iPad one day, so made an acct for this contraption, which sucks when I want to type something a litte wordy

I just picked up an apple Bluetooth keyboard. Works awesome and isn't horribly expensive. The iPad is a wonderful thing.

Edited by Adam

NewBills, you are trying to approach this as if you are Karl Rove or Joe Trippi, and that's fine. The problem you have here is that the vast majority of people here want to talk about what's right and what's wrong (in their individual minds). Obama made a terrible gaffe that will stay with him throughout this election. I'm not saying that he doesn't believe in what he said. The gaffe was in saying what he believes. It's not going to play well, and if Romney's camp utilizes it to the max it will be very effective against Obama. Let me put it this way: if Romney is successful in exposing Obama for what he really is, then Romney wins. If Obama can hide his true beliefs and convince the people that his policies are something different than what they truly are, Obama will win. So yes, the best messenger will win. At what cost?

New bills sees things through myopic lenses, he's unable to understand that THIS IS politics. This comment from Obama was no gaffe, it was the crystallizing moment of the camapaign, and not only is it filled with the substance of what this election will be about, but it will be apolitical club that will be used by both sides.

Romney will hammer Obama for his "government centered society" and Obama will hit Romney as the callous corporate raider who ships jobs over seas and protects the wealthy from tax increases .

LoL , na I'm still here, for now. I've got pc issues, so I'm here using the iPad , which I couldn't find my pass for the iPad one day, so made an acct for this contraption, which sucks when I want to type something a litte wordy

Ha that's funny because I immediately thought you were Magox then I thought can't be where are the long a$$ diatribes- so where are you? London getting ready for the Olympics and explaining why LIBOR rigging is just market making to the yokels.

Hey and another vid in your honor

New bills sees things through myopic lenses, he's unable to understand that THIS IS politics. This comment from Obama was no gaffe, it was the crystallizing moment of the camapaign, and not only is it filled with the substance of what this election will be about, but it will be apolitical club that will be used by both sides.

Romney will hammer Obama for his "government centered society" and Obama will hit Romney as the callous corporate raider who ships jobs over seas and protects the wealthy from tax increases .

It was a gaffe. Not a Joe Biden kind of gaffe, but a mistake in letting his true colors show. Speaking in the pure political sense, Romney's side can ride this for a long time. Yes it is also crystallizing but only because Obama made the gaffe in the first place. The issue is going to be about peeling Obama's layers back. Romney is Romney. Obama still isn't known.

Ha that's funny because I immediately thought you were Magox then I thought can't be where are the long a$$ diatribes- so where are you? London getting ready for the Olympics and explaining why LIBOR rigging is just market making to the yokels.

Hey and another vid in your honor

Actually I'm just here, reminiscing the days of your loony tune YouTube vids. Those were the days

"There are a lot of wealthy successful people who agree with me--- because they want to give something back! They know they didn't----Look, if You've been successful, you didn't get there on your own. You didn't get there on your own. I'm always struck by people who think! Well, it must be because I was so smart. There are a lot of smart people. It must be because I worked harder than everybody else. Let me tell you something---there are a whole bunch of hard working people out there"

I don't see why some liberals are trying to say this was a gaffe. It wasn't, it's what Obama truly feels. If you are a liberal, you believe this, you believe that government plays a large role in whatever success you have and that if you become wealthy, it's your obligation to give back a large share of what you've earned. Let's not pretend that this was something that's been taken out of context. We know that we need roads and bridges to get to work, we understand that there are public sector workers that are a part of this society, this goes without saying.

This man has a completely distinct view Than That from his opponent, and this was an off scripted moment of true candor Which higlighted the stark contrast of these two competing visions.

As much as I know that left leaning folks would love for this campaign to be about mitts tax returns or corporate greed at the expense of middle class workers, I'm sorry to disappoint you, what will decide the outcome of tthis election will be the underlying message from both camps, and whatever substantive message that resonates with the independent voters will become the president.

"There are a lot of wealthy successful people who agree with me--- because they want to give something back! They know they didn't----Look, if You've been successful, you didn't get there on your own. You didn't get there on your own. I'm always struck by people who think! Well, it must be because I was so smart. There are a lot of smart people. It must be because I worked harder than everybody else. Let me tell you something---there are a whole bunch of hard working people out there"

I don't see why some liberals are trying to say this was a gaffe.

Allow me to clarify he "gaffe" that I'm talking about is the:

"If you've got a business you didn't build that, somebody else made that happen" as opposed to "you didn't build it alone" b/c of all the other things he was saying. That's the gaffe/sound byte. Not the entire speech.

Romney isn't going to go around using his entire speech against him....that's his damn pitch you are right it may well turn some people off but they're both talking at different crowds. It's that line they want circulating.

"If you've got a business you didn't build that, somebody else made that happen." = the sound byte.

The entire speech =/= sound byte. Attacking the entire speech = campaign messages clashing = going to last.

I'm sorry if you didn't read all the previous posts or didn't understand what you were reading etc. It's not that confusing.

Obama saying you we're all in it together and you didn't do anything on an island is on message. Saying you didn't build your business someone else did is a gaffe.

Any Republican saying the government should be small and people should pull themselves up etc is on message. Saying black people want free stuff or something along those lines is a gaffe that those candidates walk the line with sometimes (I think Santorum might have literally said this at one point but I could be wrong...in any event Romney has come close but avoided literally saying that).

Do you understand basic media now?

Edited by TheNewBills

Allow me to clarify he "gaffe" that I'm talking about is the:

"If you've got a business you didn't build that, somebody else made that happen" as opposed to "you didn't build it alone" b/c of all the other things he was saying. That's the gaffe/sound byte. Not the entire speech.

Romney isn't going to go around using his entire speech against him....that's his damn pitch you are right it may well turn some people off but they're both talking at different crowds. It's that line they want circulating.

"If you've got a business you didn't build that, somebody else made that happen." = the sound byte.

The entire speech =/= sound byte. Attacking the entire speech = campaign messages clashing = going to last.

I'm sorry if you didn't read all the previous posts or didn't understand what you were reading etc. It's not that confusing.

Obama saying you we're all in it together and you didn't do anything on an island is on message. Saying you didn't build your business someone else did is a gaffe.

Any Republican saying the government should be small and people should pull themselves up etc is on message. Saying black people want free stuff or something along those lines is a gaffe that those candidates walk the line with sometimes (I think Santorum might have literally said this at one point but I could be wrong...in any event Romney has come close but avoided literally saying that).

Do you understand basic media now?

I do, and it's clear that your level of naïveté is off the charts. I watched romneys speech yesterday on politicos podcast, did you? Obviously you didn't or else you would of seen he articulated obamas , so much so that the dnc made a video of Romney repeating some of obamas talking points from that speech. This wasn't just a sound byte, as desperately as you would like it for be, it was a substantive moment, the most substantive moment we've hd so far this campaign.

Last three polls to come out of Virginia ,

Purple state strateg poll, Obama 46-44

Rasmussen Obama 45-44

Today's quinnipiac. Obama 44-44

Keep in mind that undecideds usually largely break against the incumbent and that Obama has vastly outspent Romney over the past6 weeks by a 2-1 margin and tons of mainstream media press against Romney, yet the polls have moved in romneys direction.

Considering romneys huge money advantage going forward where he will outspend Obama by a wide margin, you tell me, is he in a good position? Of course he is.

Also another point, ny times poll has obamas favors I,it's rating is at 36% and unfavorabiliyy is at 48%. Which is at a -12%. By far his worst showing as president as of yet.

People for the most part had always felt he was ill equipped to handle the economy, but they always liked him,. The risk of running thiese distorted ads that were incredibly negative on a PERSONAL level (insinuating mitt was possibly a felon) was that it could possibly hurt obamas image and favor ability ratings.

New York Times

Economic Fears Hurting Obama, Poll Indicates

Declining confidence in the nations economic prospects appears to be the most powerful force influencing voters as the presidential election gears up, undercutting key areas of support for President Obama and helping give his Republican challenger, Mitt Romney, an advantage on the question of who would better handle the nations economic challenges, according to the latest New York Times/CBS News Poll.

Despite months of negative advertising from Mr. Obama and his Democratic allies seeking to further define Mr. Romney as out of touch with the middle class and representative of wealthy interests, the poll shows little evidence of any substantial nationwide shift in attitudes about Mr. Romney.

Perhaps if they wrote a few more stories about Ann Romney and her horses...........

Edited by B-Man

Enthusiasm favors Romney in Virginia

"The most interesting result in Quinnipiac University's new poll of Virginia, showing Mitt Romney and Barack Obama tied, is that the middle class and upper income groups are more enthusiastic than all other income groups about this election.

45% of those making +$100K/year are more enthusiastic this year compared to past years, and 19% say they're less excited.

That's a net rating (+26%) that's 14% higher than the next, most enthusiastic group -- those making $50K-$100K.

The good news for Romney? These are his strongest groups.

To wit: He leads by 10% with those making between $50K-$100K, and by 5% with those making over $100K.

The two income groups Obama leads (the less financially successful groups) are the least enthusiastic about this election.

The two income groups Romney leads (the more financially successful) are the most enthusiastic about this election.

This translates to the economy, as well. The middle class and higher income groups pick Romney by +16% and +8%, respectively.

Obama only leads on the economy among lower income groups (which also happen to be the least enthusiastic).

Conclusion?

Romney is winning the enthusiasm war in Virginia, and in a state that's currently tied, that would be enough to give him the win"

This isn't the only troubling sign for the president, two of his key area of supports, which is the under 30 age voters and hispanics are the least enthusiastic sectors out of the electorate, and we're not talking about by a few points, but in the double digits, the least enthusiastic they've been to vote in a long time.

Also, NPR just released their polling today, and for the 12 swing states, they have it notched even at 47-47

On the other hand, as you see here, if you look at gallups enthusiasm ratings, the older segment of the electorate is more enthusiastic to vote than in previous years, which means if this holds true going into November, Romney wins. Its as simple as that

Edited by WorldTraveller

Saying you didn't build your business someone else did is a gaffe

What he said was not a gaffe. Saying it out loud, however, was a strategic error much liked his Joe the Plumber moment.

It's an unscripted version of the Warren comment that was a progressive sensation posted over and over and over again online by every progressive friend I have. This is Obama. This is his truth. This is his belief. This is the progressive left.

You didn't do that. Someone else did it. Without us, you're nothing. We won. You lost. Eat your peas. This is Obama to the core.

Note: When you start calling the truth a "gaffe," you have significant strategic problems.

Here's one for the dear departed Magox out traveling the world no doubt he always loved Youtube vids

youtube.com/watch?v=EJ7RrjJx1ZU

Some speedy walkback from the Democratic National Committee after Republicans cried foul over videos mocking the Romneys' dressage horse:

“Our use of the Romneys’ dressage horse was not meant to offend Mrs. Romney in any way, and we regret it if it did,” DNC spokesman Brad Woodhouse told ABC News.

In the video, the dancing horse was meant to imply that Romney was dancing around questions related to his tax returns.

“We were simply making a point about Governor Romney’s failure to give straight answers on a variety of issues in this race. We have no plans to invoke the horse any further to avoid misinterpretation,” Woodhouse said.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/burns-haberman/

aww that's too bad, Don't worry Lybob, I'm sure you've got plenty of mitts dressage jerk off material in your vast collection of youtube videos

Edited by WorldTraveller