A Clarifying Day

I think today has been clarifying. 

Whatever pretense of civility existed in the Obama campaign is gone.

It’s okay, perfectly okay with the President for his campaign staff to call Mitt Romney a liar and potential criminal:

“No,” Obama press secretary Ben LaBolt said in response to a question from POLITICO about whether the president would apologize.

Name calling is okay.

It’s the official policy of the President of the United States.

Legal Insurrection

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's it be known that Romney is no McCain. Surrogates are all over the place hitting back hard and you can bet that Romney will not be calling off the counter attacks like that moron nominee from last go around.

Edited by Oxrock

Let's it be known that Romney is no McCain. Surrogates are all over the place hitting back hard and you can bet that Romney will not be calling off the counter attacks like that moron nominee from last go around.

Sad post. And while Romney will play hardball, no doubt, he has not and IMO probably will not do what I read this post as suggesting McCain should have done. That is, go Lee Atwater on crack. If that isn't what you meant, then I'm sorry and I just don't know what you mean.

Edited by TheNewBills

1342155457[/url]' post='2503444']

Sad post. And while Romney will play hardball, no doubt, he has not and IMO probably will not do what I read this post as suggesting McCain should have done. That is, go Lee Atwater on crack. If that isn't what you meant, then I'm sorry and I just don't know what you mean.

I've got nothing. What is your question? I'll get back to you because I'm not sure what you mean by Lee Atwater on crack, and weather you think Romney will do to Obama what he did to Santorum and Gingrich.

And why are you sad?

I've got nothing. What is your question? I'll get back to you because I'm not sure what you mean by Lee Atwater on crack, and weather you think Romney will do to Obama what he did to Santorum and Gingrich.

And why are you sad?

Well the simplest way to put is it what did you mean initially? What counter attacks did McCain call off that bothered you?

Edited by TheNewBills

1342157055[/url]' post='2503453']

Well the simplest way to put is it what did you mean initially? What counter attacks did McCain call off that bothered you?

The whole campaign was run on some sort of belief that the independents wouldn't like negative campaigning and telling the truth about Obamas relationships forming his character and telling people why Wright, Ayers, Rezco, Dorn, Jones, Davis, et al mattered. Why did Michelle get that 6 figure promotion? What did BO say at that Palestinian's LA Party and why did th LA Times put it under Lock and Key? We knew McCain's exact standing at Annapolis and no clue about how a self described academic underachiever got into and paid for the best education money can buy.

Now, I fully understand that Romney can't go there now. It's too late.

But Romney doesn't have to go back any further than the past three years. And he and his surrogates have plenty of material using Obamas own words. Along with his actual appointees and administration members own ideological backgrounds.

No, no need for Atwater on crack when you can use the incumbents own words and actions to hit back hard.

Edited by Oxrock

I agree with you bean and oxrock, it's one thing to call your opponent dishonest, but to call him a felon??

That is a sleazy, slimy style of politics, obamas team is engaged in the lowest form of campaigning and is dead set on following through on their character assassination plot. Without a doubt, Obama and his cronies are the most divisive administration in quite sometime.

The administration would love to have Romney respond like McCain, but they arentgonna get that .

Also it's a bit hypocritical that new bills criticizes Romney for running a positive ad because from his view it's not detailed enough yet remains mum on obamas ad that received 4 pinnochios and rebuke from factcheck.

Obamas team is not only engaging in a sleazy negative campaign , but they are outright lying and don't even care. Even the ad about Romney supporting abortions in cases of rape received 4 false scoring from fact checkers.

I would suspect that Romney would now go after the Obama on a personal level similar to the way they are doing it. By the time this campaign is over, the favor ability ratings if both these men is gonna be in the toilet.

I would suspect that Romney would now go after the Obama on a personal level similar

Why would you suspect that?

Romney only has to keep hammering on Obama's record of the past three years.

I love it! While Conservatives are whimpering that Romney needs to actually fight, Obama is murdering this sniveling little creep. Let the whining losers complain that Obama is playing too rough for them, this is winner take all politics and the weak should be crushed. David Gergan, who is connected with Bain Capital, by the way, was whining on CNN about Obama playing to hard against Princess Romney, whatever!

Destroy the enemy and do it while ya smile! :thumbsup:

I love it! While Conservatives are whimpering that Romney needs to actually fight, Obama is murdering this sniveling little creep. Let the whining losers complain that Obama is playing too rough for them, this is winner take all politics and the weak should be crushed. David Gergan, who is connected with Bain Capital, by the way, was whining on CNN about Obama playing to hard against Princess Romney, whatever!

I would like to think that this was satire,

but sadly (for Park) I do not believe that this was the case.

It must be a type of transferance, when your "opponents" point out the obvious hypocrisy of your leader, to make yourself feel, better , in your mind you dismiss it as whining.

When criticism of said leader increases from all points, including past friends, it is dismissed with a "he's murdering them"

Sad.

The whole campaign was run on some sort of belief that the independents wouldn't like negative campaigning and telling the truth about Obamas relationships forming his character and telling people why Wright, Ayers, Rezco, Dorn, Jones, Davis, et al mattered. Why did Michelle get that 6 figure promotion? What did BO say at that Palestinian's LA Party and why did th LA Times put it under Lock and Key? We knew McCain's exact standing at Annapolis and no clue about how a self described academic underachiever got into and paid for the best education money can buy.

Now, I fully understand that Romney can't go there now. It's too late.

But Romney doesn't have to go back any further than the past three years. And he and his surrogates have plenty of material using Obamas own words. Along with his actual appointees and administration members own ideological backgrounds.

No, no need for Atwater on crack when you can use the incumbents own words and actions to hit back hard.

Just for the record on that point - admission to our military academies is by appointment from each state's Senator and Congressional Representative. That, and children of CMOH award winners are how one gains entry. Staying in is another matter. You do know that McCain's father and Grandfather were both four star admirals of the Pacific fleet? That's some heavy connections, right there that any politico would respect. Senator McCain's son also went to Annapolis.

Just for the record on that point - admission to our military academies is by appointment from each state's Senator and Congressional Representative. That, and children of CMOH award winners are how one gains entry. Staying in is another matter. You do know that McCain's father and Grandfather were both four star admirals of the Pacific fleet? That's some heavy connections, right there that any politico would respect. Senator McCain's son also went to Annapolis.

He was talking about Barry. His college transcripts are sealed for a reason.

Obama: Most People "Would Acknowledge That I've Tried Real Hard"

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2012/07/07/obama_most_people_would_acknowledge_that_ive_tried_real_hard.html

Obama: My biggest mistake was that I didn’t tell a good enough story to the American people

http://www.therightscoop.com/obama-my-biggest-mistake-was-that-i-didnt-tell-a-good-enough-story-to-the-american-people/

Who is sniveling?

I've got nothing. What is your question?

There is no question. Liberals are freaking out that Romney is swinging back and they're not sure what to do. It's like the look on Ivan Drago's face when he realizes he's been cut. (That should meet my Rocky IV reference quota for the week.)

There is no question. Liberals are freaking out that Romney is swinging back and they're not sure what to do. It's like the look on Ivan Drago's face when he realizes he's been cut. (That should meet my Rocky IV reference quota for the week.)

You've got to see at least one more movie...

I still haven't watched that entire movie. I just can't get past them killing off Apollo Creed :cry:

Is that the one where Rocky fights Vanilla Ice?

I still haven't watched that entire movie. I just can't get past them killing off Apollo Creed :cry:

It's worth watching just so you can see a great beatdown at the end, the Russian audience suddenly cheering for Rocky's determination, and culminating with Rocky giving a speech so stirring (including help from the Russian translater), it actually ended the Cold War as Gorbachev himself gives a standing ovation.

Oh, hell....here you go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRBak_2X3Do

I think today has been clarifying. 

Whatever pretense of civility existed in the Obama campaign is gone.

It’s okay, perfectly okay with the President for his campaign staff to call Mitt Romney a liar and potential criminal:

“No,” Obama press secretary Ben LaBolt said in response to a question from POLITICO about whether the president would apologize.

Name calling is okay.

It’s the official policy of the President of the United States.

Legal Insurrection

It keeps getting better.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/harry-reid-romney-couldn-t-confirmed-dog-catcher-183438762.html?_esi=1

Hey Harry, let's see your guys college transcripts.