Romney a stone cold liar

The first decline never ended, you were only told it did to inspire consumer confidence. We are les than half way through the housing bust, and the commercial realestate bust is only just begining. We're a long way from the bottom, and the longer we try to push back the recession with more cheap credit, the worse it will get. Interest rates should likely be at almost 30% right now.

Not that I doubt your insight and knowledge because you seem pretty knowledgable but I think the housing challenge is very regional. I can attest to the fact that it's starting to heat up again here in the SF Bay area. The rent on our apartment in SOMA went up nearly 30% from $2900 to $3700 a month this year. We decided to move and buy a place and found out they're asking $4200 for it. We spoke to our neighbors who are also being priced out and their place was going for $4500. We spend a good part of the spring looking at homes in the bay area and their are now bidding wars with as many as 30 offers on a property. Now I am only familiar with the Bay Area so it may just be here but I see no signs of a double dip in the housing market. I have a feeling though that a lot of it is the new social media boom up here. It's crazy.

The first decline never ended, you were only told it did to inspire consumer confidence. We are les than half way through the housing bust, and the commercial realestate bust is only just begining. We're a long way from the bottom, and the longer we try to push back the recession with more cheap credit, the worse it will get. Interest rates should likely be at almost 30% right now.

That's an unsettleing, yet strong, possibility. Unsettleing because I can't figure out how I can profit from it, unlike the last bubble; strong, because you're absolutely correct in your observations about that market.

One of my reps met with a guy who has not been paying his student loans for years. It's been compounding up forever and it's over $500k He said he's never going to pay it and will just wait until it's forgiven. :doh:

That's the second person I've seen this year with over $500k in student loans.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not that I doubt your insight and knowledge because you seem pretty knowledgable but I think the housing challenge is very regional. I can attest to the fact that it's starting to heat up again here in the SF Bay area. The rent on our apartment in SOMA went up nearly 30% from $2900 to $3700 a month this year. We decided to move and buy a place and found out they're asking $4200 for it. We spoke to our neighbors who are also being priced out and their place was going for $4500. We spend a good part of the spring looking at homes in the bay area and their are now bidding wars with as many as 30 offers on a property. Now I am only familiar with the Bay Area so it may just be here but I see no signs of a double dip in the housing market. I have a feeling though that a lot of it is the new social media boom up here. It's crazy.

All markets are regional, which is why ultimately, macro-economics are bunk (another discussion for another time). However, because of the way they were bundled as securities, those investments became pervasive throughout the entire system. There isn't a qualified account that can escape them. Combine that with the fact that job scarcity and pricing lends itself to relocation, and that further spreads the contagion. No markets are insulated, despite the differing local economies creating different spike at different times.

One of my reps met with a guy who has not been paying his student loans for years. It's been compounding up forever and it's over $500k He said he's never going to pay it and will just wait until it's forgiven.

That's the second person I've seen this year with over $500k in student loans.

Jesus... it's like Einstien said: "The most powerful force in the universe is compounding interest." I hope you advised your rep to fire that client to disasociate from future E&O litigation.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

All markets are regional, which is why ultimately, macro-economics are bunk (another discussion for another time). However, because of the way they were bundled as securities, those investments became pervasive throughout the entire system. There isn't a qualified account that can escape them. Combine that with the fact that job scarcity and pricing lends itself to relocation, and that further spreads the contagion. No markets are insulated, despite the differing local economies creating different spike at different times.

Jesus... it's like Einstien said: "The most powerful force in the universe is compounding interest." I hope you advised your rep to fire that client to disasociate from future E&O litigation.

macro economics is bunk, but there is contagion occurs between regions? How are you not a complete fraud? :unsure:

macro economics is bunk, but there is contagion occurs between regions? How are you not a complete fraud? :unsure:

I'm sorry, I had assumed you were an individual with unique thoughts, feelings, experiences, likes, dislikes, hopes, and dreams. I didn't realize you were simply a statisic, unimportant and trivial. A lifeless, thoughtless, fungible cog.

I didn't realize that culture and individuality had no merit.

You're right, I'm a fraud.

And just for extra emphasis, you know, to prove that I'm a fraud, when you kill yourself tonight, you should do it with the pride of a man who acted knowing he wouldn't be missed, because we're all exactly the same. Just numbers. Goodbye #7761363.

If we can prove, without a doubt, that Romney is a stone cold liar, his candidacy for high political office is enhanced three fold! All hail the elected official who obfuscates, muddies, twists, spins and in other ways evades telling the truth. Look us in the eye, lie to us in a convincing manner, and we'll vote for you every time; and, of course, once you are the incumbent, you're golden.

And just for extra emphasis, you know, to prove that I'm a fraud, when you kill yourself tonight, you should do it with the pride of a man who acted knowing he wouldn't be missed, because we're all exactly the same. Just numbers. Goodbye #7761363.

Each of us do have member numbers. Park's is 19903.

Whats E&O litigation?

END OF STORY....................except for the one or two ostriches left who buy this Obama Campaign spin.

From Fortune Magazine thru CNN (not exactly Romney supporters)

Documents: Romney didn't manage Bain funds

By Dan Primack July 12, 2012:

New evidence for when Romney really left Bain Capital.

FORTUNE -- Mitt Romney did not manage Bain Capital's investments after leaving to run the Salt Lake City Olympic Games, according to confidential firm documents obtained by Fortune.

The timing of Romney's departure from Bain became a lightning rod earlier today, when The Boston Globe published an article suggesting that Romney remained actively involved with the firm longer than he and his campaign have claimed. The sourcing is largely SEC documents that list Romney as Bain Capital's CEO and sole shareholder through 2002 -- or three years after Romney officially left to run the Salt Lake City Olympic Games.

These claims are very similar to ones made last week by David Corn in Mother Jones, which we disputed at the time.

Now Fortune has obtained new evidence that supports Romney's version of events.

The title of this thread is the REAL lie.

Fortune

Edited by B-Man

I think this is a significant egg-on-your-face moment for the Obama campaign. It was bad enough not understatnding WHY he was not listed, but to go from Mother Jones to Boston Globe and jump to "felony" is a level of desperation that speaks volumes as to the incompetence of David Axelrod.

END OF STORY....................except for the one or two ostriches left who buy this Obama Campaign spin.

From Fortune Magazine thru CNN (not exactly Romney supporters)

Fortune

It's clear that Barry and his minions have decided to wage a campaign of lies, because his record is abysmal. That way Romney has to waste time disproving the lies, which leaves him less time to hammer Barry on his abysmal record.

It's clear that Barry and his minions have decided to wage a campaign of lies, because his record is abysmal. That way Romney has to waste time disproving the lies, which leaves him less time to hammer Barry on his abysmal record.

Barry's campaign has descended into 'crap throwing monkey' phase faster than expected. Before you all brand me a racist, I'm not talking about Barry specifically, but his campaign staff, which we all know consist solely of white people.

The reason little companies like mine carry liability insurance. (E&O is shorthand for Errors and Omissions).

And because of the idiots on Wall Street ours keeps going up. Luckily I don't have to pay for mine but all my staff has to pay for theirs.

Barry's campaign has descended into 'crap throwing monkey' phase faster than expected.

Racist.

Before you all brand me a racist, I'm not talking about Barry specifically, but his campaign staff, which we all know consist solely of white people.

Yeah, and I'll bet you hire black people, too. Racist.

:nana:

Barry's campaign has descended into 'crap throwing monkey' phase faster than expected. Before you all brand me a racist, I'm not talking about Barry specifically, but his campaign staff, which we all know consist solely of white people.

Yep. All the brains of a monkey throwing crap against a wall and seeing what sticks.

And being called a racist if you criticize Barry, who is half white, is probably one of the most laughable notions I've ever heard.

Yep. All the brains of a monkey throwing crap against a wall and seeing what sticks.

And being called a racist if you criticize Barry, who is half white, is probably one of the most laughable notions I've ever heard.

I think it was the "crap throwing monkey" thing that was racist. Y'know...implying Obama recently descended from the trees, and is now returning to his roots. Ask Dave in Elma, he can explain it.