People get more whiny every day

http://www.sfgate.com/technology/article/Yoga-teacher-fired-over-cell-phone-ban-at-Facebook-3694293.php

•  
  • Yoga teacher gets hired to teach yoga class at on-site corporate fitness center
  • Yoga teacher asks students to turn off their cell phones for the one-hour class
  • Some students refuse to turn off their cell phones, and get the yoga teacher fired

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i was at my yoga class a couple saturdays ago...it was just me and the instructor, no one else showed up...at one point the instructor was doing a move and she could see that i wasn't getting it properly so she came over to see if she could help...i nearly fell to the ground when she asked if it was "...OK if I touch you..." just really stuck me as odd and i wish a couple hours later i didn't suddenly blurt out "oh yeah the jerk store called and they are out of you" while sitting on my couch.... :oops:

I don't get people with their cell phones. My biggest pet peeve. If you're out in public or something, don't be on the phone every second. To me, texting and calling people is for when you're at home or on a long car trip (not driving, of course) and you're not really doing anything. I have broken up with my fair share of girlfriends because they text while on a date, especially if I take them to the movies. :thumbdown:

Edited by Teen Insight

I don't get people with their cell phones. My biggest pet peeve. If you're out in public or something, don't be on the phone every second. To me, texting and calling people is for when you're at home or on a long car trip (not driving, of course) and you're not really doing anything. I have broken up with my fair share of girlfriends because they text while on a date, especially if I take them to the movies. :thumbdown:

Maybe there's a reason why they're texting on the date....

:devil:

Maybe there's a reason why they're texting on the date....

:devil:

:lol: "Omg girlfriend, this guy is soooo booooring. i hope he breaks up with me for txting"

But seriously, if they're that rude, we shouldn't want to put in the effort to keep them occupied anyway.

And then, some women are just so !@#$ing vapid and insipid that I hope they start texting while I'm on a date with them so that I can get away while their nose is glued to the screen.

i was at my yoga class a couple saturdays ago...it was just me and the instructor, no one else showed up...at one point the instructor was doing a move and she could see that i wasn't getting it properly so she came over to see if she could help...i nearly fell to the ground when she asked if it was "...OK if I touch you..." just really stuck me as odd and i wish a couple hours later i didn't suddenly blurt out "oh yeah the jerk store called and they are out of you" while sitting on my couch.... :oops:

I can't imagine why you are having trouble getting some <_<

If I had to twist to make sense of this (without reading the article), if she was hired by a corporate-fitness center for people to workout during business hours, perhaps those people are limited int he ability to discard their phones for a period of time...?

I know there have been times whilst on the client dime when I simply cannot be unreachable .

EDIT: Okay just read the article.

a.) The client is Facebook, probably a MAJOR cash-cow.

b.) "Hello - this is only Facebook," said Van Ness, whose firing cost her a teaching gig at Cisco too. "We're not talking about the U.S. government here. We're not talking about Russia is about to bomb us. We're talking about Facebook. Something can't wait half an hour?" Funny that a yoga instructor would question the validity of somebody's professional pursuit...turns out Facebook employees are damn good at what they do, they work at Facebook. Some get multi-million dollar signing bonuses right out of college. So if they need to send an email NOW, I'm guess they need to send an email NOW.

Edited by The Big Cat

When I was working as a ski instructor in Vermont, we were explicitly told you must ask the person if they were ok with touching them (except if there was danger or an emergency), but for routine corrections or demonstrations you were required to ask "are you ok with me touching your knee, ankle, etc". Some religious sects do not allow any contact between an unrelated male and a female.

Relax Pooj, you could have been in the next article titled "Teacher forces student into multiple sexual escapades", but no, you found a way out of it, good job!

nah..she's 53...i'm 49...no issues there

When I was working as a ski instructor in Vermont, we were explicitly told you must ask the person if they were ok with touching them (except if there was danger or an emergency), but for routine corrections or demonstrations you were required to ask "are you ok with me touching your knee, ankle, etc". Some religious sects do not allow any contact between an unrelated male and a female.

Relax Pooj, you could have been in the next article titled "Teacher forces student into multiple sexual escapades", but no, you found a way out of it, good job!

I've thought of that but seeing the Care Bears and then going out to McDonalds is awesome. Right?

You need to step up your game. Take them fly honeys to Applebee's. Nothing greases the wheels faster and more effectively than when you start flashing your paper to the tune of 2 for $20. And after that feast and a few libations you stuff your blooming onion right into her gaping maw.

You need to step up your game. Take them fly honeys to Applebee's. Nothing greases the wheels faster and more effectively than when you start flashing your paper to the tune of 2 for $20. And after that feast and a few libations you stuff your blooming onion right into her gaping maw.

What could go wrong? :thumbsup:

I heard her on the radio yesterday and she said the problem is the places like Facebook let their employees do whatever they want. I saw this first hand living right across the street from Zynga for two years. SF is filled with a bunch of overpaid hipsters that at 26 think they know everything. Dont' miss them, don't miss them at al.

I hope all the satellites crash to earth and people actually have to live like humans again. Technology is making everyone lazy and dysfunctional. Dont go to Yoga if you have no time to put your phone away. Facebook suck too btw...

I hope all the satellites crash to earth and people actually have to live like humans again. Technology is making everyone lazy and dysfunctional. Dont go to Yoga if you have no time to put your phone away. Facebook suck too btw...

I can't live without TBD.....

IT is the besets place to post my hindsight

Edited by Captain Hindsight