On My Way Home From the Bank

ajzepp

And BTW, nothing wrong with getting the dude a 40 either...sometimes we all just need a beer..and I mean the sincerely

This. Some of the truly homeless guys (especially the war vets) have some really !@#$ed up **** that contributed to their being homeless, and they have stories that would make your ears wither and die. I don't begrudge those guys a beer.

Edited by LeviF91

I too never give money to panhandlers. I do however always offer to walk with them to the closest sandwich shop etc. and buy them a meal. I haven't been taken up on that offer yet. If you give them cash it's a near certainty that the local liquor store will have that money by days end.

Hey come on that's not fair!!!

Sometimes the crack dealer gets it!

How much, exactly, do you know about panhandling? :D

Know enough that if I was to do it, I would try and put the person at ease and approach them in a careful manner. :nana:

Cmon AJ, that be like giving him a Big Mac if he was hungry! OT, but damn that Throwback Dew is some some good chit! Amazing how many sodas, especially high end, are going the sugar route again..and the chit does taste better that HFCS. My friggen wife will now only drink Fever Tree Tonic with her Hendricks cause it is real sugar.

Also, best scam I ever fell for was in Manhattan..bout 9.30 pm right inside Grand Central..very well dressed professional man , (suit was at least $300) came up as i was having a drink in the Oyster Bar ,and looking very embarrassed asked for twenty to get train home..sheepishly said he went to Hapy Hour, got a bit lit, ended up with a hooker who rolled him...did not want to tell his wife wallet was gone till he got home. Felt bad for the guy..so gave him the twenty.

30 minutes later saw him giving the same spiel to another dolt just like me who was just about ready to fork over the cash. bet the guy made at least $200 a night doing this.

Btw AJ and EII..god job

That is a great story... How could you not give the dude money! LOL

I saw one last week with a sign that said "Homeless and sober". I know what he was trying to say with that sign, but I've never seen as obvious of a sign advertising "hey, I'm going to spend your spare change on booze".

This also reminds me of a fun moment I had about a year ago. I was leaving leaving from a dinner date with the now fiance and had had a couple drinks. This guy asked me for spare change and I just shrugged him off. He said he wouldn't leave me alone until I said no. It was a very populated area and still bright out, so I decided to have some fun with this. I went off on this long winded rambling conversation making every effort to never use the word no. I finally slipped up about a mile and a half from where he was begging. He followed me the whole way and then we were both laughing as we went off in separate directions.

I like the one where the panhandler at Penn Station had a bulls eye on his chest and the sign says, "Bet you can't hit me with a quarter" I actually tossed a quarter, and I never give to panhandlers.

I like the one where the panhandler at Penn Station had a bulls eye on his chest and the sign says, "Bet you can't hit me with a quarter" I actually tossed a quarter, and I never give to panhandlers.

:lol:

I'll give you another one to add...

I used to attend school in Syracuse and there was a bum at this particular intersection every day when I drove by.

Pretty much every bum in Syracuse doing that is only in it for the money. I used to date a girl who worked in the Social Service Sector and she told me there's more than enough programs in CNY to help all of them, but they don't want to follow the rules to get help, so they beg instead.

Pretty much every bum in Syracuse doing that is only in it for the money. I used to date a girl who worked in the Social Service Sector and she told me there's more than enough programs in CNY to help all of them, but they don't want to follow the rules to get help, so they beg instead.

Pic?

At a light at the end of an exit ramp and a panhandler is there with a parrot on his shoulder. As the light changed, I yelled "Eat the Bird" as I drove off.

I was in Vegas and was getting off the highway. Knew the guy panhandling was on crack. This was in the late 90s and he has a sign saying "Can't find a job." Then if you showed up in Vegas you had a job in hours. He also had a parka on and it was about 99!