Adrian Peterson arrested

http://www.twincities.com/vikings/ci_21027459/adrian-peterson-arrested-houston

Club manager Daniel Maher, speaking to TMZ.com, described Peterson as "very drunk" and said Peterson tried to intimidate the bartender into serving one more drink at closing time before an officer intervened. Peterson "looked really scary and I thought he was gonna attack the cops," said Maher, who added that Peterson, once restrained, apologized for his behavior and told cops he usually doesn't drink.

Typical racist club manager. Where I come from bartenders usually hate blacks, especially rich and famous ones.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah cops look for ripped 6'2 220# guys to mess with. They also enjoy taking a ride thru the hood looking for possibly armed thugs to taunt. It makes their day. :rolleyes:

I have a little different point of view concerning cops than most. My father was a cop so I've seen the personal side of cops. They're not racists. They're not Nazi's. They're doing the job they're paid to do

If you're going to be a hater, don't hate the player. Hate the game

I think cops are great. I long ago passed the point where I thought of them as the enemy.

That said, if you think there aren't a few on every force who are just looking for a way to bring some "uppity" young black man down, you're naive.

I don't believe the backfill story that Peterson pushed an officer, either. He'd be charged with more if he had.

^this

The cops aren't f##king with you for giggles. They are just as afraid and distrustful of you as you are of them.

I previously mentioned that my father was a policeman. He gave me some very good advice which has helped in the few encounters that I had with law enforcement (never been pulled over or the reason they were called, but have been around when they were)

Keep your hands visible

Don't make any sudden gestures

Show them your drivers license when they ask

Don't be a smartass

If they tell you to go over there and get out of their way, do it

This advice has twice gotten me out of tickets when I was clearly in the wrong. Ran a red light after playing volley ball in a bad section of town. Rolled down the window, put my hands and arms outside it. After a bunch of yes sir and no sirs, cop let me go wihout a ticket and told me I should probably find a different place to play volley ball. Took his advice. Pretty much the same scenario when a cop pulled me over for doing 75 in a 55. Last thing he said was slow down, 75 is too damn fast. took his advice also, now keep within 5 mph of the speed limit.

Rudely demand? Who cares. Walk a day in the shoes of a police officer, and see why it is that they "rudely demand". They tell you to do something (such as, bar is closed time to go), you do it. It doesn't matter what tone they take with you.

bro, you dont know how corrupt these !@#$s are. there is more honor among thieves...

bro, you dont know how corrupt these !@#$s are. there is more honor among thieves...

Maybe you should request to have your 911 phone line rerouted to your local crackhouse, then?

Like I said, walk a day in their shoes...heck, I doubt you could walk 5 minutes in their shoes.

AP had too much to drink and acted like an ass. The employees said he was drunk and had showed aggressiveness towards a bartender before the police showed up. The police arrested AP and gave him a slap onm the wrist. The reports also have said that AP was apologizing for his behavior and saying that he doesnt drink often.

Sounds like a young adult that had a lapse in judgement. Much like his lapse of judgement last year when he compared NFL players and slaves. Both non-stories and things AP would most likely like to have back. I still think hes a good kid.

The clowns who have used this as a platform to hate on police, cry racism, and spin the story........shame on you. As always, you are a big part of the problem.

I'd like to know a little more about this before I form an opinion. From the article it sounds like the police officers were off duty, working as bouncers. Were they in uniform? Did them identify themselves as police officers when they were in the process of clearing the bar at the end of the night?

After reading the article, those were my questions as well.

And to take this thread in yet another direction...

Alcohol sure sounds fun, doesnt it kids?!? Thank god something like weed, that keeps people calm, chill, and even-keeled is illegal so we are protected from "Reefer Maddness". But keep boozing it up, loosing control, acting out of character, fighting random people, having blackout sex with strangers, and wrapping cars around telephone poles. Or even worse, other cars. /rant

Maybe you should request to have your 911 phone line rerouted to your local crackhouse, then?

Like I said, walk a day in their shoes...heck, I doubt you could walk 5 minutes in their shoes.

The Supreme Court has ruled that the police have no duty to protect you, and are only there to investigate crimes after they happen. If you rely on the police for security, you really have none at all.

This advice has twice gotten me out of tickets when I was clearly in the wrong. Ran a red light after playing volley ball in a bad section of town. Rolled down the window, put my hands and arms outside it. After a bunch of yes sir and no sirs, cop let me go wihout a ticket and told me I should probably find a different place to play volley ball. Took his advice. Pretty much the same scenario when a cop pulled me over for doing 75 in a 55. Last thing he said was slow down, 75 is too damn fast. took his advice also, now keep within 5 mph of the speed limit.

ive got out of at least twenty tickets this way - be pleasent, respectful, tell the truth

just a few weeks ago i got pulled over on the youngman, cop asks me how fast i think i was going, i said 71. he said he had me at 75 then asks me what i thought the limit was there, which i thought was 65 but its 55. then he asks me if i thought i should get a ticket and i said no because i set my cruise control at 71, to which he says 71 to 75 isnt a big difference and i said no but ive never been pulled over for going 71 in a 65, so even though in this case the limit was actually 55 my intention was to stay within what the cops always allow in that situation

not so amazingly he let me off. they almost always let me off when i tell them the truth and talk to them like im thankful they are there, which i am. not that cops cant be dicks cuz they sure can, but being a dick back to them only leads to nuthin but trouble

The Supreme Court has ruled that the police have no duty to protect you, and are only there to investigate crimes after they happen. If you rely on the police for security, you really have none at all.

What case is this that you speak of?

After reading the article, those were my questions as well.

And to take this thread in yet another direction...

Alcohol sure sounds fun, doesnt it kids?!? Thank god something like weed, that keeps people calm, chill, and even-keeled is illegal so we are protected from "Reefer Maddness". But keep boozing it up, loosing control, acting out of character, fighting random people, having blackout sex with strangers, and wrapping cars around telephone poles. Or even worse, other cars. /rant

calm, chill, and hungry for human flesh

already did. and yes, you bet i would call my crew... you sound very naive to trust a cop.

every cop ive known and worked with was either racist or a crook. they are wolves in sheeps clothing...

Edited by MARCELL DAREUS POWER

What case is this that you speak of?

calm, chill, and hungry for human flesh

he Supreme Court ruled on Monday that the police did not have a constitutional duty to protect a person from harm, even a woman who had obtained a court-issued protective order against a violent husband making an arrest mandatory for a violation.

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/06/28/politics/28scotus.html

already did. and yes, you bet i would call my crew... you sound very naive to trust a cop.

every cop ive known and worked with was either racist or a crook. they are wolves in sheeps clothing...

Lying for attention.......my niece does it too. She is 5

he Supreme Court ruled on Monday that the police did not have a constitutional duty to protect a person from harm, even a woman who had obtained a court-issued protective order against a violent husband making an arrest mandatory for a violation.

Wow. Those are some crazy rulings. :blink:

"Although the protective order did mandate an arrest, or an arrest warrant, in so many words, Justice Scalia said, "a well-established tradition of police discretion has long coexisted with apparently mandatory arrest statutes."

Too bad that the guy went on to kill his three daughters while the police ate doughnuts at the station instead of enforcing a "mandatory" arrest warrant that his wife was desperately trying to get them to follow.

The other ruling is just as crazy to me. A guy is convicted of a crime. New evidence comes to light that might affect his guilt (or certainly his sentencing) but the Supreme court shoots it down because it has already ruled on the subject and the appellate court can't reopen the case??? I guess whether justice is done is irrelevant as long as the chain of command is maintained.

Edited by vincec

I think I know more cops than you. 98% are excellent public servants with integrity and a desire to help. There are scumbag cops, no doubt. But the vast majority are fine human beings. Just because you've been arrested umpteen different time by cops doesn't make them racists or crooks. Their job is to arrest criminals. Kinda like when you get my order wrong at the drive thru...it's nothing personal. You're just doing your job, ya know? Funny how assumptions work, isn't it?

Fing, do you have the case cite on that? I can't open the NYT article, and I'm very interested to hear what the Supremes said.