Adrian Peterson arrested

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He was at a bar at 2:30 a.m.

Police were called there because of a disturbance.

At 2:30 a.m., and with a few drinks in him, he doesn't obey the officers while they're investigating.

Bar: http://www.bayouplace.com/

Agreed. But it's still an odd charge without an initial cause to arrest. Typically that would fall under some disorderly conduct/disturbing the peace charge from what I understand.

http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans/2012/07/vikings-star-adrian-peterson-arrested-in-houston/

The officer informed Peterson and the group that the bar was closed and asked them to walk toward the nearest exit,” Smith said.

The officer moved on to inform other patrons of the club’s closing and then returned to Peterson’s group, which was still talking at the bar, Smith said.

The officer again asked Peterson’s group to leave and turned away.

“That’s when Peterson told the officer that the group had heard him the first time and pushed the officer in the shoulder, causing him to stumble,” Smith said.

The officer responded by telling Peterson he was under arrest and asking him to turn around and place his hands behind his back, Smith said. Peterson began yelling at the officer, Smith said.

“As the officer attempted to place Peterson in handcuffs, Peterson pulled away from the officer and assumed an aggressive stance,” Smith said.

A second officer, an HPD sergeant also working an approved extra job at the club, tried to help with the arrest, Smith said.

Peterson struggled with both, drawing a third officer into the mix, Smith said.

Stupid. He's always seemed like a good guy, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt here.

+1

You see it far too often...cops so eager to muscle up & show their power when a situation could so easily be diffused through friendliness.

You mean, like asking him TWICE to leave? According to the report, Peterson pushed the police officer first. Where I come from, that is battery on a law enforcement officer (a felony). "Pretty please, Mr Peterson, stop pushing me." In the real world, that doesnt work. Come on...

sounds like bs. typical power hungry racist cops. believe me, it's systemic...

Really? Where did you read that?

He's black, famous, and didn't do exactly what the officers wanted him to do.

Yeah cops look for ripped 6'2 220# guys to mess with. They also enjoy taking a ride thru the hood looking for possibly armed thugs to taunt. It makes their day. :rolleyes:

I have a little different point of view concerning cops than most. My father was a cop so I've seen the personal side of cops. They're not racists. They're not Nazi's. They're doing the job they're paid to do

If you're going to be a hater, don't hate the player. Hate the game

Stupid. He's always seemed like a good guy, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt here.

I agree, doesnt seem like the type of guy to do something to jeopardize his career especially with what hes going through now