How many fans remember this game in 1969

HOUSE

Didn't a defensive back blitz in, steal the ball from Greg Cooke as he was poised to throw it, and run in for a TD? If so I was at that game. We were in the covered end zone at the Rockpile, and at times could not see the scoreboard!

After the game we had to drive a friend from Buffalo to Rochester for college, and then came drive home to Hamburg.

Duh, should have watched the video before replying (but I am at work)...Booker Edgerson

:wallbash:

I was standing behind the snow fence and I still remember the look on Booker Edgersons face as he entered the endzone.

Great memories, I hope I am not boring you guys....

Edited by HOUSE

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was standing behind the snow fence and I still remember the look on Booker Edgersons face as he entered the endzone.

Great memories, I hope I am not boring you guys....

This kind of oral tradition is actually kind of important.

Our society is not based on oral tradition but it still plays an important part. Bills lore is good stuff and some younger people actually pay attention to this sort of thing out of their own curiosity so I'm all for your thread.

Welcome to the board, btw.

edit: However I'm not participating in your other topic about the Steve Johnson bounty. That interests me less, FWIW.

Didn't a defensive back blitz in, steal the ball from Greg Cooke as he was poised to throw it, and run in for a TD? If so I was at that game. We were in the covered end zone at the Rockpile, and at times could not see the scoreboard!

After the game we had to drive a friend from Buffalo to Rochester for college, and then came drive home to Hamburg.

Duh, should have watched the video before replying (but I am at work)...Booker Edgerson

:wallbash:

First Bills game I ever attended, I was also in the covered end zone. I remember huge chunks of snow falling from the roof and blasting the people below.

This kind of oral tradition is actually kind of important.

Our society is not based on oral tradition but it still plays an important part. Bills lore is good stuff and some younger people actually pay attention to this sort of thing out of their own curiosity so I'm all for your thread.

Welcome to the board, btw.

edit: However I'm not participating in your other topic about the Steve Johnson bounty. That interests me less, FWIW.

I found the Stevie Johnson article this morning. Not sure if somebody already posted that. Its 90 days old

Thanks for the Welcome. We old Bills fans need to stick together. (lol)

Edited by HOUSE

First Bills game I ever attended, I was also in the covered end zone. I remember huge chunks of snow falling from the roof and blasting the people below.

Thanks for the Welcome. We old Bills fans need to stick together. (lol)

I'm pleasantly surprised that there seems like there's still a lot of us.

Someday we'll go the way of the WW II veterans… hopefully the kids will keep some of our memories alive.

More than that, hopefully there'll be lots more great Bills moments to re-live in our future.

I'm pleasantly surprised that there seems like there's still a lot of us.

Someday we'll go the way of the WW II veterans… hopefully the kids will keep some of our memories alive.

More than that, hopefully there'll be lots more great Bills moments to re-live in our future.

I used to travel to away games ALMOST every week back in the 70's

I booked most from Booker Endgerson's Travel Agency. Is he still in Business?

Man did we get in trouble on those road game....lol I have some stories but nothing I can post on this board.

I listened on the radio, it was great to see the Edgerson steal! My friend and I across the street went out in the yard and played one on one toss the ball up to yourself and catch it tackle FB after the game so it is pretty etched in my 9 year mind. I love the 60s D even when they stunk lol. Thanks for posting that up.

I realize some of you are to young to remember a game in 1969 but I attended this game. Most of the game went unrecorded because of whiteouts.

A friend of mine found it for me and I thought I would post it for the older fans. Some of these games are now on Youtube. Just search the year then enter Buffalo Bills

This game is a classic.....I believe the temperature was 5 degrees with Heavey show. Check it out....

If you remember this game please add me as a friend, WE OLD GUYS GOT TO STICK TOGETHER!

youtube.com/watch?v=8RChfBRj10Y

I was there--50 yard line seats visitors side:)

1341623609[/url]' post='2499102']

that's offensive. and you're not.

i envy you old geezers. at least you experienced the championship years. i'm ancient enough to have lived through the almost-glory years of the early nineties but i can't imagine being a fan who was born post '94. that would be brutal.

now, old folks, go drink some warm milk and go to bed. you need your rest.

I got yer 'geezer', whippersnapper! And Im sure I'll find it -in a minute or so...

Welcome to the board, HOUSE!

I realize some of you are to young to remember a game in 1969 but I attended this game. Most of the game went unrecorded because of whiteouts.

A friend of mine found it for me and I thought I would post it for the older fans. Some of these games are now on Youtube. Just search the year then enter Buffalo Bills

This game is a classic.....I believe the temperature was 5 degrees with Heavey show. Check it out....

If you remember this game please add me as a friend, WE OLD GUYS GOT TO STICK TOGETHER!

youtube.com/watch?v=8RChfBRj10Y

I not only remember this game, I attended it. Think I was 14 at the time.

My Dad's employer had tickets, and we got them this very day.(I was still in school) I remember the Edgerson touchdown like it was yesterday. The visibility was so bad, at times we could not see any players on the field. Worst conditions I ever saw at a Bills game. I was stunned when I got home and looked at the TV replays. The TV pictures were much better than the on field visibility, credit the electronic "snow" filters that also removed the image of the real "snow" Hence, those of you that saw the U tube view using the link really cannot appreciate how bad the visibility was that day. Yep, a real Bills memory at the old Rockpile. And, I admit it, I also am near older than dirt.

This is one of my favorites as well. Check out the nifty artwork in the end zone ??

youtube.com/watch?v=RgTroeyrVtk

I was 10 when my Dad took me to the 1969 Broncos game. We sat in the end zone with the concrete steps...errr....bleachers. Was so excited to see OJ. I remember it was rainy but I didn't care...saw Bills win for first time. Made up for the game he took me to in 1968 when Lamonica came back and destroyed us 48-6. 1968 was the first year I really got into following football on my own, and I have a perverse love of that season even now. Brings back many good memories of my Dad. The Bills were always our connection.

In 1970, he bought three tickets - for me, my Mom and Dad, to see Cincy play the Bills. The seats were on the Bills sideline, under the roof and cost SEVEN DOLLARS each. That was like a fortune to me back then. The tickets were pinned to the bulletin board in the kitchen, and I looked at them every time I passed them. I could not wait to go to that game and sit in those expensive seats.

The morning of the game, my Dad had heart pains (he had history of heart attacks). He took me for a walk and told me he couldn't go to the game...I was devastated. So I went with my Mom and sister, who really wasn't into it at all. The game was a disaster - OJ blew out a knee on a meaningless kickoff return before halftime, some drunk kids spilled wine on me and burned a cigarette hole in our Bills blanket. Worst day of my young life. Dad passed away 5 years later when I was 16.

Even though the Bills sucked in those years - 1968-1971 are among my favorite seasons because I had that connection to Dad and I was so excited to see the Bills play, and when they won - it was amazingly fun. There was nothing better than coming downtown through the ghetto, walking through that filthy, dirty stadium and then walking out and seeing that gorgeous, bright green field and those royal blue jerseys, red Buffaloes and white pants. Remember, I was watching the Bills on a black and white television and to see the colors in person was stunning! And back then, the players seemed so accessible and real - they all had other jobs around town and they were definitely a lovable bunch of losers - who had a recent history of being the toast of the town.

Very cool reliving these memories and I appreciate the opportunity to share my experiences here!

Edited by WotAGuy

Remember this game well. Was listening to Van Miller on WBEN and snowing heavily (at least in Cheektowaga at the time). The Bills winning was the good omen that day as we were praying for the snow to continue so that school would be canceled the next day. Even the 20" that fell didn't deter our Superintendant!

But yes, remember this game well!

I not only remember this game, I attended it. Think I was 14 at the time.

I fondly remember this game as I was in attendance. Not real cold, but plenty of wet sloppy snow. It was my second year as a seasons ticket holder. I was 19 at the time. Thanks for the clip, at this age the memmory can always use a litle jog.

This is great… you older guys are making me feel young.

:nana:

I was 10 when my Dad took me to the 1969 Broncos game. We sat in the end zone with the concrete steps...errr....bleachers. Was so excited to see OJ. I remember it was rainy but I didn't care...saw Bills win for first time. Made up for the game he took me to in 1968 when Lamonica came back and destroyed us 48-6. 1968 was the first year I really got into following football on my own, and I have a perverse love of that season even now. Brings back many good memories of my Dad. The Bills were always our connection.

In 1970, he bought three tickets - for me, my Mom and Dad, to see Cincy play the Bills. The seats were on the Bills sideline, under the roof and cost SEVEN DOLLARS each. That was like a fortune to me back then. The tickets were pinned to the bulletin board in the kitchen, and I looked at them every time I passed them. I could not wait to go to that game and sit in those expensive seats.

The morning of the game, my Dad had heart pains (he had history of heart attacks). He took me for a walk and told me he couldn't go to the game...I was devastated. So I went with my Mom and sister, who really wasn't into it at all. The game was a disaster - OJ blew out a knee on a meaningless kickoff return before halftime, some drunk kids spilled wine on me and burned a cigarette hole in our Bills blanket. Worst day of my young life. Dad passed away 5 years later when I was 16.

Even though the Bills sucked in those years - 1968-1971 are among my favorite seasons because I had that connection to Dad and I was so excited to see the Bills play, and when they won - it was amazingly fun. There was nothing better than coming downtown through the ghetto, walking through that filthy, dirty stadium and then walking out and seeing that gorgeous, bright green field and those royal blue jerseys, red Buffaloes and white pants. Remember, I was watching the Bills on a black and white television and to see the colors in person was stunning! And back then, the players seemed so accessible and real - they all had other jobs around town and they were definitely a lovable bunch of losers - who had a recent history of being the toast of the town.

Very cool reliving these memories and I appreciate the opportunity to share my experiences here!

What an epic post. Very personal yet something many of us can appreciate.

Thanks for sharing.