Anderson Cooper outs himself

Oh Gawd I hope you're wrong because once outing yourself has gone the way of sex tapes, the next step will be gay sex tapes :ph34r:

It depends on who's gay sex tape it is.

Tom Cruise - no

Katie Holmes - yes

Rosie O'Donnel - no

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now some guy named frank ocean outed himself. Who the hell is frank ocean? Anyone I have to google isn't worth googling. Is this going to be the new way to kickstart ones career, like sex tapes used to be?

Amazingly, gay people come out all the time. Sometimes they are famous, sometimes you don't know who they are.

Is that so? How much do you care?

I care about people coming out probably as much as I care about the automated phone calls trying to get me to vote for Obama or Romney

Good luck with that, but please don't bother me about it

I care about people coming out probably as much as I care about the automated phone calls trying to get me to vote for Obama or Romney

Good luck with that, but please don't bother me about it

Have you felt that bothered by it?

Wouldn't that be the medias fault not the person?

Additionally- Outside this thread, I would've missed it totally. It's not like the news was particularly forced upon me.

why are some of you on our nuts about why we care, how much we care, etc etc?

The gay guys Cooper and the author are the ones who put it out there ... obviously THEY CARE and wanted others to read it. The gay community and celebs are coming out praising him. Why arent u suspiciously probing all their motivations for "caring" and wanting everyone else to care?

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

:lol: What I said was a joke. /dev/ should have said "I couldn't care less." As in, "I care so little that I couldn't care less than I do now." "I could care less" implies that you care at least some significant amount, to the point where you could care less than you do now.

:lol: What I said was a joke. /dev/ should have said "I couldn't care less." As in, "I care so little that I couldn't care less than I do now." "I could care less" implies that you care at least some significant amount, to the point where you could care less than you do now.

But now that I think about it, I could actually care less. If the person coming out had not felt the need to draw attention to themselves, I would not have cared at all. Kind of like a TSW LAMP

AC's sexuality was never really in doubt nor did he hide it. He's just trying to draw some attention to himself and, in my opinion, to CNN. Kind of a coincidence that this happens shortly after CNN's ratings hit a 20 year low ;)

Edited by /dev/null

But now that I think about it, I could actually care less. If the person coming out had not felt the need to draw attention to themselves, I would not have cared at all. Kind of like a TSW LAMP

AC's sexuality was never really in doubt nor did he hide it. He's just trying to draw some attention to himself and, in my opinion, to CNN. Kind of a coincidence that this happens shortly after CNN's ratings hit a 20 year low ;)

Yeah, it wouldn't surprise me if some CNN exec said, "Hey, Anderson, our ratings aren't that great, and it's not like it'd be a huge surprise if you came out, so..."

The gay guys Cooper and the author are the ones who put it out there ... obviously THEY CARE and wanted others to read it. The gay community and celebs are coming out praising him. Why arent u suspiciously probing all their motivations for "caring" and wanting everyone else to care?

i guess i just didnt get why it was such a hassle to you. if you didnt click on this thread, it would have been easy to have never even heard about it (minus seeing a thread title). I dont find that this was done all that "in your face." I havent been all that connected to cnn lately, but i dont think he really pushed this. Was there even coverage on his show and if so, how much(i honestly have no idea)?

are you implying that as a gay person he didnt have a right to acknowledge that and should have maintained his no comment status, or is there something about his approach specifically that bothered you?

Personally, I think Matt Bomer pegged it when he "came out". http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/02/matt-bomer-on-being-gay-subtle-coming-out_n_1643640.html

Simply put: he lives his life. He doesn't live a statement.

No what I'm saying is some of you have a clear double standard: it's ok for the gay guys to put this out and want it acknowledged, but when a straight guy acknowledges it he's pestered like he has some issues.

I was thinking yesterday: I really want to see some personality "come out" as straight now. Maybe Jon Stewart can "come out" in The Onion.

No what I'm saying is some of you have a clear double standard: it's ok for the gay guys to put this out and want it acknowledged, but when a straight guy acknowledges it he's pestered like he has some issues.

when did you get pestered for being into women? I have a double standard because I would pester you for being into women?

i dont get the victim role you are pulling out because anderson cooper said he liked dudes. i acknowledge my love of women all the time and never got flack for it. id imagine if a famous gay guy decided he wasnt into dudes anymore and went back to women it would be a minor news story too. would you rather TMZ just broke the story with pics of him and his BF instead, as they do with any other relationship?

I just dont understand what you are working towards on this one.... what would be your ideal situation? remain with his "no comment" approach? or are you ok with him coming out, as long as you arent pestered for being straight?

when did you get pestered for being into women?

I have. Went to a college that was maybe 30% gay...which meant that the militant gays who see ANY expression of heterosexuality as an indictment of their own preference were FAR more prevalent than in the real world. Still a small minority...but a large enough group to be seriously annoying and occasionally dangerous (I know of two heterosexuals who were "gay-raped," for lack of a better term, while I was at school).

What gets me is so many gay people want to be treated just like everyone else, because they're no different than anyone else. But, then they're the first ones to announce publicly how different they are by "coming out" or marching down the street in some flamboyant gay pride parade. It just seems contradictory.

What gets me is so many gay people want to be treated just like everyone else, because they're no different than anyone else. But, then they're the first ones to announce publicly how different they are by "coming out" or marching down the street in some flamboyant gay pride parade. It just seems contradictory.

Yup. Because straight people never have parades celebrating their pride.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7Mdh8lTNPw