Impeach John Roberts?

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is suppose to uphold the Constitution, and he did not. Scalia is right, this allows the government to mandate anything, I hope you slaves love broccoli! This is a dereliction of duty

Stephen White? Is that you? For those of you who also came from "the other board" I'm sure you know who I'm talking about.

lets just agee it lacks class...an attribute most pols relinquish early in their careers.

"Obamatax" lacks class? :unsure:

The guy said he wouldn't raise taxes on anyone making < $250k, and now his "victory" is that the SC upheld his signature legislation as a tax. Any politician or campaign manager who didn't play that for all it's worth would be derelict.

"Obamatax" lacks class? :unsure:

The guy said he wouldn't raise taxes on anyone making < $250k, and now his "victory" is that the SC upheld his signature legislation as a tax. Any politician or campaign manager who didn't play that for all it's worth would be derelict.

What it does is make acquiring healthcare easier, and it's a tax penalty if you choose not to. It's not a tax "increase." Now the truth is it will straight up be a .9% tax increase on people making over 200K a year in a few years. So that's your ammo, just to help you out. It is a tax increase of less than 1% on those making over 200K. Other than that, it makes acquiring health insurance and w/ a penalty if you refuse. And btw the tax penalty, is not much. At no point is it greater than the average cost of healthcare (or less than $700) that meets the standards and to be practical if you don't have healthcare under the new system it's going to be $1000ish a year or less unless you are a self destructive idiot.

In any event we should move this entire debate to the other topic this topic title is embarrassing for all of America and yes...even by PPP standards.

You really should have some knowledge of the subject before posting about it. I'll just add your name to the list of posters that show up here only to gloat. Romney didn't initiate the Massachusetts healthcare law. The legislature did. He worked with them to modify it. He got the best deal he could. It was going to be passed over his veto, but he worked with them.

Now, as far as all you guys coming over here to gloat. You guys don't understand how this will energize the opposition to Obama. Yesterday's outcome was the worst thing for Obama's reelection. If the ACA had been struck down there would have been somewhat of a surge economically. Now things are going to either get worse or stay stagnant.

You play dense so well, one must wonder how much you're really playing.

You play 'being my B word' so well; one wonders how much you're really playing.

Edited by Juror#8

What it does is make acquiring healthcare easier, and it's a tax penalty if you choose not to. It's not a tax "increase." Now the truth is it will straight up be a .9% tax increase on people making over 200K a year in a few years. So that's your ammo, just to help you out. It is a tax increase of less than 1% on those making over 200K. Other than that, it makes acquiring health insurance and w/ a penalty if you refuse. And btw the tax penalty, is not much. At no point is it greater than the average cost of healthcare (or less than $700) that meets the standards and to be practical if you don't have healthcare under the new system it's going to be $1000ish a year or less unless you are a self destructive idiot.

In any event we should move this entire debate to the other topic this topic title is embarrassing for all of America and yes...even by PPP standards.

you're kind of touching on all the things wrong with this. Truth is it's not a tax, it's a penalty that's only being called a tax b/c calling it what it is makes it unconstitutional.. It's also a bit disturbing that a government can take such liberties with you, your time, & your money. How long until you are coerced to get your government physical every year to determine what you owe? Maybe the government Dr. & IRS can send your info to a new or expanded bureaucratic agency that takes your health & income into effect to determine the cost of your "health insurance".

Further, why should I maintain insurance when can pay $700/yr & sign up for insurance if I need it? If I get in a car accident or something of the sort they still have to treat me. Otherwise what's my $700 for? Oh yeah, it's a "tax".

And I wouldn't call for John Roberts' impeachment, but it wouldn't break my heart if he fell off the planet either.

What it does is make acquiring healthcare health insurance easier, and it's a tax penalty if you choose not to. It's not a tax "increase." Now the truth is it will straight up be a .9% tax increase on people making over 200K a year in a few years. So that's your ammo, just to help you out. It is a tax increase of less than 1% on those making over 200K. Other than that, it makes acquiring health insurance and w/ a penalty if you refuse. And btw the tax penalty, is not much. At no point is it greater than the average cost of healthcare (or less than $700) that meets the standards and to be practical if you don't have healthcare under the new system it's going to be $1000ish a year or less unless you are a self destructive idiot.

Fixed. If anything, actual care will be more difficult to get. You can't increase the use of an exclusive-use resource without decreasing availability.

Fixed. If anything, actual care will be more difficult to get. You can't increase the use of an exclusive-use resource without decreasing availability.

Very well stated.

Our ACA advocates on the board seem to have a blind spot to this, no matter who posts it.

Everyone (supposedly) will be covered, but there are limited resources (and I contend then will get even scarcer) and an increased amount of clients.

There will be delays

There will be panels.

Edited by B-Man

yep. this is precisely why so many haves are against it. the have nots will take some of their healthcare resources. but as the number of uninsured has grown so have the number that will benefit from the bill. i prefer to think that most humans aren't innately selfish but the evidence from opinions on this bill show otherwise.

Very well stated.

Our ACA advocates on the board seem to have a blind spot to this, no matter who posts it.

Everyone (supposedly) will be covered, but there are limited resources (and I contend then will get even scarcer) and an increased amount of clients.

There will be delays

There will be panels.

Notice how the ACA advocates have been relatively quiet up until yesterday, but now interpret a SC ruling (by a 1 vote margin) that the constitution doesn't absolutely forbid this activity (although it is forbidden under the authority congress & the king cited in enacting it) as a ringing endorsement of the wisdom and virtue of this hodge-podge "do something" abortion of a law.

yep. this is precisely why so many haves are against it. the have nots will take some of their healthcare resources. but as the number of uninsured has grown so have the number that will benefit from the bill. i prefer to think that most humans aren't innately selfish but the evidence from opinions on this bill show otherwise.

You know, I'm friends with a lot of libs, "progressives", and outright Marxists. They get off on the idea of a perfect society & that's cool; they can think whatever they want & it doesn't change the flavor of my beer. What makes you such a contemptible piece of **** is your insistence in declaring that everyone who doesn't believe in your starry eyed, naive, idealistic bull **** is driven by selfish and immoral motives. Did it ever cross your simple mind that others might think your ideas, if implemented, might cause more harm than good to the society as a whole? Or do you need to demonize them to justify something within yourself?

Notice how the ACA advocates have been relatively quiet up until yesterday, but now interpret a SC ruling (by a 1 vote margin) that the constitution doesn't absolutely forbid this activity (although it is forbidden under the authority congress & the king cited in enacting it) as a ringing endorsement of the wisdom and virtue of this hodge-podge "do something" abortion of a law.

Laws are a lot like food- the more ingredients listed (pages), the worse it is. As far as the margin goes, that is the measuring stick for constitutionality- a 5-4 vote the other way is all it would have needed to be stricken down.

It isn't nearly a perfect law, but has some good things in it. The biggest shame about it all, is that both sides can't just come together and find ways to improve it (By some of the intelligent posts on both sides, that wouldn't be hard to do). But then again, that type of process might be unconstitutional by a landslide.

Wow an intellectual and a tough guy.

It's all in the technique sweetheart - just like I explained to you in that "other" context the other night.

Edited by Juror#8