Gailey on Merriman

What makes you so sure? Buddy stuck with Shawne through two years of IR while all the "experts" (you included, I believe) called him a colossal bust.

So now you are predicting Merriman will dash for the cash, like he has no loyalty to the Bills, or that the Bills won't pay the man?

PTR

I did no such thing. In fact, I've been a supporter the whole time. Even last year I saw production while others screamed that he didn't get 2 sacks a game.

I do hope our karma pays off with our investment in him. But I also realize that most players take the largest paycheck, and it's questionable if we can be super aggressive after our awesome off season this year.

Either way, I hope he's successful and I'm thankful he's on the team. He's been an amazing presence, IMO, simply from an attitude PoV.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is a double standard many Bills fans have with Merriman not producing for 2 years while getting paid while criticizing size of other players' contracts.

I expect Merriman to not stick around if he is "Lights Almost Out" for someone will be willing to overpay him and who knows how long is surgically repaired parts will last and whether he will get another superstar contract to support his kids even if it means each kid gets a Rolls Royce Phantom every year. If Merriman was going to show gratuity he would already have negotiated an extension with discount for years he was unable to perform.

It is a double standard many Bills fans have with Merriman not producing for 2 years while getting paid while criticizing size of other players' contracts.

I expect Merriman to not stick around if he is "Lights Almost Out" for someone will be willing to overpay him and who knows how long is surgically repaired parts will last and whether he will get another superstar contract to support his kids even if it means each kid gets a Rolls Royce Phantom every year. If Merriman was going to show gratuity he would already have negotiated an extension with discount for years he was unable to perform.

To be fair, I don't think the Bills would be willing to go into extension talks until they were shown he can be reliable. But once that happens, my hope is that something gets done early so that we can lock him up. Can you imagine having Williams, Anderson and Merriman as your main rushers for the next 4-6 years or so?

Jim, you in fact have read that. Merriman is no good without his steroids. More than once i would guess.

It's time to place your bets folks.

I'm afraid to get too excited...But a bit of the old Merriman and this D will be pure nasty on obvious Passing situations...They better get ready for a TON of draw plays this year... B-)

and prepare to learn how to block after the interceptions. Pick six. visualize it

Jim, you in fact have read that. Merriman is no good without his steroids. More than once i would guess.

It's time to place your bets folks.

I already have $50 on him lasting more than 4 games.

I did no such thing. In fact, I've been a supporter the whole time. Even last year I saw production while others screamed that he didn't get 2 sacks a game.

I do hope our karma pays off with our investment in him. But I also realize that most players take the largest paycheck, and it's questionable if we can be super aggressive after our awesome off season this year.

Either way, I hope he's successful and I'm thankful he's on the team. He's been an amazing presence, IMO, simply from an attitude PoV.

There is definitely truth to this.

Funny little story about him, Merriman was hitting on this girl I was out with from work last summer, I mean laying it on real thick. Long story short, she gets his number and he begins texting her pretty frequently about hanging out and how cool he is. She's showing me all these and then during training camp he starts to try and persuade her to meet him out at SJFC (this was the second week of camp). He was telling her how he'd unlock the side door of the dorms for her and how his room was at the end of the hall for easy access. I thought it was hilarious cause he was dead serious about trying to sneak her in. He always used to send her pics of his boat and tell her how good the weather was in SD during the winter here.

There is definitely truth to this.

Funny little story about him, Merriman was hitting on this girl I was out with from work last summer, I mean laying it on real thick. Long story short, she gets his number and he begins texting her pretty frequently about hanging out and how cool he is. She's showing me all these and then during training camp he starts to try and persuade her to meet him out at SJFC (this was the second week of camp). He was telling her how he'd unlock the side door of the dorms for her and how his room was at the end of the hall for easy access. I thought it was hilarious cause he was dead serious about trying to sneak her in. He always used to send her pics of his boat and tell her how good the weather was in SD during the winter here.

Please tell me "boat" is not the new euphemism for, er, his Favre?

well it's your money Doc :pirate:

How do you feel about making it 50 smackeroos for the whole season?

wait i dont have 50 bucks.

Gentlemans bet then ?

I would never bet on any player making it the whole season. So, no.