Gailey on Merriman

This is as close to effusive praise as you're ever going to hear from Gailey:

Gailey 'excited' by Shawne Merriman's offseason

June 15, 2012 - 4:27 PM | 0 comments

By Tim Graham

But Gailey said this afternoon he was "excited about where [Merriman] is physically -- really physically and mentally because he's come out every day with an outlook that's just outstanding."

"He works hard. He looks quick. He looks healthy," Gailey continued. "That part of it has been refreshing for us, to see some what of I think we're going to see is the old Shawne Merriman this year."

Edited by Mike in Syracuse

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By Tim Graham

But Gailey said this afternoon he was "excited about where [Merriman] is physically -- really physically and mentally because he's come out every day with an outlook that's just outstanding."

"He works hard. He looks quick. He looks healthy," Gailey continued. "That part of it has been refreshing for us, to see some what of I think we're going to see is the old Shawne Merriman this year."

here's hoping he becomes the Shawne of old

ok no more lights out dances, no more flying tackles in preseason, i dont even want him drinking gatorade with his elbow held too high. wheel him on and off the field so the only time hes full bore is when the ball is in play then let er rip

Cherry on top of whip cream on top of cherry over whip cream with haagen dazs ice cream n chocolate syrup...

with boobs

By all means, if Merriman is healthy as possible, it will be complete chaos.

I also take comfort in knowing that our defense will and should still be better even if he goes down.

Go Buffalo! Go Merriman!

There will be Fear and Loathing on the Gridiron

Nothing but total trepidation and terror for opposing teams, as they take the field against our BuffTown Bills this season...

GO BILLSSS!!!!

"I expect to be undefeated...I expect to win every game." - Chan Gailey

19 and 0 baby!!!!! :beer:

By Tim Graham

post-6219-017293800 1339801831_thumb.jpg

If Shawne and Mario are on the field at the same time, say on a passing down, maybe one of them could roam along the line like Bruce used to do.

Very hard to defend when the pass rusher is in motion at the snap!

You just gave me chills

How can anyone not be totally juiced up for this coming season? Man, I haven't been this excited to watch our defense since...well ****, I can't even remember.

I said earlier that I'd rather they kept him in mothballs until training camp. But so far, so good.

Forget the mothballs, he should be kept in a hyperbaric chamber 22 hours a day. I can't wait to see him in action. Looking forward to a whole bunch of lights out dances this year.

Forget the mothballs, he should be kept in a hyperbaric chamber 22 hours a day. I can't wait to see him in action. Looking forward to a whole bunch of lights out dances this year.

I'd actually love to see more players sleeping in those things. The results are proven. I guess the wives don't appreciate them as much as the fans. Kinda tough to get laid when you sleep in an isolated capsule.

If Merriman can play, they could get really creative on passing downs. Imagine lining up Mario, Anderson, K. Williams and Dareus as front 4, Merriman as LB and 6 DBs then rushing 5.

It may seem far-fetched but if you're going to send 5 why not? Merriman could roam and rush from 2 point stance. Teams would either have to max protect or run short routes.

If Merriman can play, they could get really creative on passing downs. Imagine lining up Mario, Anderson, K. Williams and Dareus as front 4, Merriman as LB and 6 DBs then rushing 5.

Imagine that! This season is going to be so much fun. Lets Get It Started!