"Those are two hellified players"

Rubes

Tim Graham blog about how the Bills backup DEs are better than any starting DE pair over the last 12 years.

At this afternoon's voluntary workout in Orchard Park, the Bills' second-team edge rushers were Shawne Merriman and Mark Anderson.

"That just says people got something to worry about," sophomore defensive tackle Marcell Dareus said. "Those are two hellified players."

Man, I cannot wait for this season to start. This could be one nasty defense.

It's true. Schobel was very good, but the Bills never even had another above average guy on the other side during his career. It's a huge reason for the playoff drought. Bruce, Hansen, and Wiley were leading the pass rush in 1999.

With a healthy Merriman, this year's group of edge rushers could be better than the last playoff group in 99'.

I think merriman will be our starter opposite Mario this year...I'm very confident his health is back, and if he performs like he did last preseason and first two games (while not 100%), he could out perform supermario!...side note, assuming dareus eventually gets a pro bowl, we have a front four with past/present/ and/or future pro bowlers!....I know, far too optimistic and iffy of a post that will surely be mocked, but I've never felt this good about our d, on paper or otherwise! GO BILLS!!!!

Tim Graham blog about how the Bills backup DEs are better than any starting DE pair over the last 12 years.

Man, I cannot wait for this season to start. This could be one nasty defense.

Don't you mean "hellified defense"?

We must never question the greatness of "Hurricane" Chris Kelsay.

"Hurricane Kelsay and the Hellified Players". Sounds like a band.

How is Chris Kelsay with the ones? :wallbash:

He's better all around than Anderson, and is more durable than Merriman.

He'll be better for the team on run downs, and will get a decent amount of qb pressure since he's surrounded by talent.

Fact is, first team, second team, doesn't really matter. A good defensive line is a constant rotation of talented individuals. Imagine if we have four solid/good/great DEs and here's hoping, at least three good DTs, what that'd do for our defense. We could rotate players so we don't get worn out, it'll help prevent injuries, etc.

Do people that pimp for Kelsey watch how the guy gets destroyed or simply puts himself out of almost every play? I was actually surprised and shocked when he had that one good game last year where he made some noticeable impact.

Any reason why this blog is not linked on TBD?

The new Buffalo News Bills blog just started yesterday. It sounds like it's going to be really good. With video, blogs by Graham, Sully, Gaughan, etc. They want it to be the go to place for Bills fans and with those guys I think it will be.

How is Chris Kelsay with the ones? :wallbash:

Are we sure that Kelsay is playing on the 1st team? Last I heard, Alex Carrington was getting reps at that spot. He deserves the job over Kelsay. He looked great in the Philly game last year filling in for Kelsay.

Nevermind. I missed todays OTA tweet. Looks like Carrington is working DT now with Spencer Johnson. Kelsay and Merriman on the ends so it's changing everyday.

Edited by mountainwampus