Patriots Release Ochocinco

Why would you ever throw out wide when you have Gronk, Hernandez, and Welker working between the hash marks? Brady plays Captain Checkdown ball, and you can when you have that corp. If Jerry Rice were playing WIDE Receiver in that offense today he wouldn't do much either.

That being said. Do you really want Ocho Cinco rubbing shoulders with TJ Graham or Stevie Johnson? Let me first restate Chad "OchoCinco" Johnson is not a thug, he has done nothing wrong, he is simply a publicity whore.

I wouldn't hate the idea of signing him. I wouldn't love it though.

WR#2 is a weakpoint and I don't know if there is one starter in the whole mix of "The Legend of" Marcus Easley, TJ Whathisname, David "Hands of Stone" Jones, Derek "I'm not Mario" Hagan, Naaman "Homer" Rossevelt or Kamar "Practice Squad" Aiken, adding Chad Eight Five only adds one more question mark.

I'd rather see what we have on the roster through extra reps than bring a player with the "arrow pointing down."

You forgot David a$$ Clowney

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/43259/should-rest-of-afc-east-consider-ocho

Should rest of AFC East consider Ocho?

Bills

Why Ocho would fit: The Bills need a proven No. 2 receiver, and that's a role I think Ochocinco could handle. He is no longer a No. 1 receiver, and Steve Johnson has that job in Buffalo. But Ochocinco was never a part-time player who could come off the bench and produce. That was proven in New England. Buffalo has a wide-open offense that needs as many talented receivers as possible. Ochocinco isn't as bad as his stats showed last year. He just never fully grasped the precision system with the Patriots. Ochocinco could help the Bills' depth.

Why Ocho wouldn't fit: The Bills are focused, have good chemistry and are on a mission to make the playoffs for the first time in 13 years. Bringing in the added attention and circus that comes with Ochocinco is risky. Buffalo took a chance with embattled receiver Terrell Owens a few years ago and it didn't pan out as expected. This would be a similar acquisition. Besides, Johnson already has maturity issues with his touchdowns celebrations and Ochocinco is probably the worst influence you will find in that regard.

Interest scale (1 to 10): 5

If he wasn't such a distraction I think a team (Maybe not the Bills but some team) would take a flyer on him. But if you are going to be a character and a possible distraction you better have the production to back it up. Once the talent seems to be non-existent teams will dump you very quickly.

If we don't sign him I am so giving up on this team!!! Wilson is so cheap; heck we still haven't signed our #3 pick!

Ocho is exactly the quality old vet we need!!! Just look at his numbers with the Bengals!!!

Git er done Buddy!!!

If we don't sign him I am so giving up on this team!!! Wilson is so cheap; heck we still haven't signed our #3 pick!

Ocho is exactly the quality old vet we need!!! Just look at his numbers with the Bengals!!!

Git er done Buddy!!!

Stop. Just stop.

Why don't the Bills just release all their current receivers and sign terrell owens, chad ochocino, braylon edwards and plaxico burress. :rolleyes:

Sounds a lot like NE* has done regarding it's #2 the last few off-seasons TBH.

No way...as I've said several times recently, we have a locker room full of "team-first" guys...the last thing we need is a "me-first" guy. It's not easy to get this sort of chemistry to where the team overall plays better than their talent level because of the enhanced team atmosphere, but I think we accomplished that last year. Even if Ochocinco wanted to pay US to come here, just say "no"!