Ex-Eagles Pres. Seeking Bills Ownership

I get being the guy with the secret, wanting to let people know you have a secret, even if you can't let them know details. I just don't get the point, other than hoping to be known later as the guy who was on the inside. I'm guessing your heart is in the right place and you want to let us all know we can rest easy? I'm not sure it actually helps, though.

I know. I was wrestling with that conundrum. But believe me, I don't really care about being the guy "on the inside" since I'm really not, and it was more or less a matter of timing. I knew the reactions I would get but didn't care because I just wanted to convey what I thought was good news.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doc,

Please pick one of the following to indicate just how good this news truly is for all of us.

A) There is cake left over from the office party.

B) The cake left over from the office party is magic and will grant you three wishes.

C) There is magic wish-granting cake, plus it is served to you by the nympho sorority down the street. You know the one.

I know. I was wrestling with that conundrum. But believe me, I don't really care about being the guy "on the inside" since I'm really not, and it was more or less a matter of timing. I knew the reactions I would get but didn't care because I just wanted to convey what I thought was good news.

When a trusted, long-standing member says they know something, that carries weight with me. It's not like some jamoke with 2 posts talking crap.

PTR

Doc,

Please pick one of the following to indicate just how good this news truly is for all of us.

B) The cake left over from the office party is magic and will grant you three wishes.

C) There is magic wish-granting cake, plus it is served to you by the nympho sorority down the street. You know the one.

:lol:

When a trusted, long-standing member says they know something, that carries weight with me. It's not like some jamoke with 2 posts talking crap.

PTR

I agree ... but it is always frustrating to wait and since it was posted under the ownership issue makes you wonder.

There's nothing on Florio's site nor anywhere else other than the posting here ... :ph34r:

Doc,

It depends. I think we all know what the topic is.

Heard some excellent news on this front today. That's all I can say because I promised my source that I wouldn't say anything specific. If I'm given permission to say something more, I'll do so. But again it's excellent news, as it stands, and reliable.

I know Doc cannot reveal his source, but there are enough rumors from different sources to substantiate the fact that the Bills probably are staying in WNY.

LINK to Kilgore's Article

Thanks. As I said, I usually don't post this kind of stuff unless it's reliable.

Interesting that, Doc, put that bit'O news in THIS thread.

Could it be an Omen???

It was the first thread on this subject I could find. I didn't want to start a new thread.

PTR

Oh, for sure. I'm not accusing him of making sh#t up. I can appreciate being told by someone in the know that something good is happening... But when no details can be given, it can set others even more on edge (myself included).

Assuming Ralph is still with us on this mortal coil and keeps his word the team will not be sold while he's alive, I'm guessing (purely just guessing) that this has to do with stadium lease negotiations keeping the Bills in Buffalo long term. Hell, maybe Ralph is even making a succession plan known, as I would imagine the topic came up during negotiations with county officials.

It's a pretty complicated situation. If Ralph were to sell the team while still living he'd pay a hefty cap gains tax but now what's left is 100% liquid. If he were to do it it's best to do it now while the long term gains rate is at 15%. On the other hand if he dies and it goes to a trust (or to his wife which he says it won't) gets a step up in basis so they could be sold ASAP with little or no cap gains tax paid. However there will still be those nasty estate taxes due. They're due regardless but they're due 9 months from the date of death in cash. It would take more than 9 months to put the deal together let alone get the team sold. Well if he sells now his heirs will surely have the liquidity to pay the estate taxes so that solves that problem. And keep in mind estate taxes are 35% above $5mil right now but will most likely go to 55% over $1mil come January 1st. Oh what to do what to do. Here's my recommendation. Put the buyers in place now. Have them get their ducks in a row ASAP. Then take Ralph out back and put a bullet in his head. Trust gets step up, trust sells, no or minimal cap gains...hell might even be a capital loss. Family now has liquidity to pay the estate taxes of 35% over $5mil.

I'm a !@#$ing genius!!

Thanks. As I said, I usually don't post this kind of stuff unless it's reliable.

It was the first thread on this subject I could find. I didn't want to start a new thread.

Doc - you HAVE always been one of the trusted posters so forgive my ignorance here..... you say this was the closest thread to the information

you are trying to convey but this thread is about some Philly guy... right...? who wants to buy an NFL team and not necessarily keep it local...right?

You are not suggesting THAT would ever be good news ....

we all want the Bills to stay in Buffalo so without giving anything away can you at least state

that whatever you are talking about it is what I (we) would really mean is "good" news. aka Bills not goin' anywhere type of news...????