Another Quirk to the Bills Schedule

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Remember when the X Files' Smoking Man admitted that a shadowy government agency had a mission to never to let the Bills back into the Superbowl? Laugh...but since then, we've only been in one playoff game. And that game was decided at the last minute by what was really an illegal forward pass but ruled a legal reverse pass.

I believe the Smoking Man said that the Bills would never win a SB while he was alive.

http://x-files.wikia.com/wiki/Musings_of_a_Cigarette_Smoking_Man

who cares....beat their asses, stop with the excuses and show we are a legitimate team in the NFL . Like the kid that keeps getting bullied in school, until he stands up for himself and punches the bully in the mouth he will keep getting disrespected. It doesnt matter what ba roster looks like, what we do in the first 5 weeks, how much money we throw out, until we become a winning team we will continually be disrespected by the media, the league, fans, and other organizations. Would we give 2 sh*ts about this schedule in the early 90's? Hell no. I'm feeling this team is turning the corner on dealing with the technicalities and just line up and say..bring it!

Spot on.

Yes, the schedule is difficult (we knew that before it was released), but there's nothing they can do about it except to make note of it to the league. If I'm Gailey, I find a way to motivate the guys to show the league we really can play with the big boys. Once they win a bunch of games, then they'll get the breaks in the schedule.

Another Quirk to the Bills 2012 Slate by Chris Brown

The subject of the Bills playing the Pats* after the Pats* bye week has come up a number of times here, but here's a ton more fuel for the conspiracy theorists.

Seriously though, by nefarious plot or pure coincidence, the Bills are getting a royal screw job here.

Suddenly, this schedule doesn't seem quite as easy as it did before I read this article... :devil:

Pittsburgh has to travel to Denver Week 1, then home vs. the Jests, then BACK to the West Coast at Oakland. THAT is far worse than what I saw- at least our West Coast games are back to back.

As far as the Patriots* thing, NO EXCUSES ACCEPTED, NONE GIVEN. In order to be the best you have to beat the best- I consider it to be a playoff game mentality when we travel to NE.

Edited by BmoreBills

Wow, I missed that in my PH202 Modern Philosophy class ... should have gone to Missouri

:D

I have heard that Harvard is the Mizzou of the Ivy League

But I must confess - the first time I read the Neitzsche quote was not in any Philosophy class, but on the label of a bottle of Goat Scrotum Ale :beer:

GO BILLSSS!!!!

19 and 0 baby!!!!! B-)

Edited by The Senator

Either the Bills have what it takes to overcome any adversity, or not...we'll know soon enough.

Screw the schedule - in the immortal words of Friedrich Nietzsche...

“Was mich nicht umbricht, macht mich stärker, baby!!!” :beer:

GO BILLSSS!!!

"I expect to be undefeated...I expect to win every game." - Chan Gailey

19 and 0 baby!!!!! :thumbsup:

umbringt ;)

but other that that spot on. fight through. :)

:D

I have heard that Harvard is the Mizzou of the Ivy League

But I must confess - the first time I read the Neitzsche quote was not in any Philosophy class, but on the label of a bottle of Goat Scrotum Ale :beer:

GO BILLSSS!!!!

19 and 0 baby!!!!! B-)

And Mizzou is the Harvard of Central Missouri. Most of you guys probably couldn't even get in. Brad Smith should be the starting QB.

Thank goodness the Bills get extra time to prepare for traveling to the Colts!

Isn't that basically the same thing that New England has had with us over recent years? If the league really wanted to help them out, wouldn't they give them the extra time to prepare for those annual games against Indy or Pittsburgh instead? All that extra preparation for Bills games in the last couple years was the equivalent of giving me extra time to study for a 1st grade math test.

Either the Bills have what it takes to overcome any adversity, or not...we'll know soon enough.

Screw the schedule - in the immortal words of Friedrich Nietzsche...

"Was mich nicht umbricht, macht mich stärker, baby!!!" :beer:

GO BILLSSS!!!

"I expect to be undefeated...I expect to win every game." - Chan Gailey

19 and 0 baby!!!!! :thumbsup:

What does not wraps makes me stronger?

Methinks you meant:

"Was mich nicht umbringt, macht mich stärker, baby!"

Either way, GO BILLS!

Isn't that basically the same thing that New England has had with us over recent years? If the league really wanted to help them out, wouldn't they give them the extra time to prepare for those annual games against Indy or Pittsburgh instead? All that extra preparation for Bills games in the last couple years was the equivalent of giving me extra time to study for a 1st grade math test.

Not to bring back the massive thread on this from April, but I disagree on the value to NE* of playing us over and over again. First off, like this year, a number of those years the Bills were considered the most likely divisional rival team to try to knock the Pats* off that season. Secondly, division games, no matter who they're against, are the most important games of the year, as they determine the vast majority of potential tiebreakers to make the playoffs. Third, the years that the Cheatahs* did not get to play us they in fact often did get other "high value" games after the bye over the last ten years (Miami, Baltimore, Denver, Dallas and Pittsburgh come to mind, but I'm too lazy to check).....

What does not wraps makes me stronger?

Methinks you meant:

"Was mich nicht umbringt, macht mich stärker, baby!"

Either way, GO BILLS!

umbringt ;)

but other that that spot on. fight through. :)

:oops:

Dang...five years of German, wasted

(Who knew there'd be a slew of German scholars and Philosophy majors here on TSW??? B-) )

Edited by The Senator

I have to believe OBD has already gone through this with a fine tooth comb and are/have developed a plan to not only deal with these challenges, but capitalize.

Ie: Pack for two weeks when we head to Frisco, then just drop back 1timezone and spend the next week in Arizona, acclimating to weather and time. As for Pats* and others who have 10 days to plan for us, that's where good offensive coaching comes in -with new plays designed to take advantage of both that opponents match ups and 'show' plays that have been successful to date against other teams that this weeks opponents are likely to be looking for specifically, but change it up a little to catch them guessing wrong. In effect, wooing them into a false sense of smugness.. Sounds like Gailey to me.

I agree wih others who say we -as a team and its fan base- are sick of excuses and the time is now to overcome any and all hurdles. Begin looking at these obsticles as opportunities rather than detriments.

Chan should use this as motivation, like a few of you have stated.

Even call out the NFL (in the locker room where no cameras or reporters are) and use the 'us verse the world" strategy. Tell his guy ' no one wants us in the playoffs...tough sh*t, we are going to crash the party'

The players need to rally around each other and believe they can do it, this can be a ralling call.