Life's Small Pleasures

- Fine tobacco

- A double of Knob Creek

- Enjoying either after coitus or after a good meal

- Cooking said meal to perfection

- Double-skunking your nemesis in a game of cribbage

Also: second on the Zevon. Throw in the Stones' "Sticky Fingers," Pinback, and Freddie Mercury.

Edited by LeviF91

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

- Fine tobacco

- A double of Knob Creek

- Enjoying either after coitus or after a good meal

- Cooking said meal to perfection

- Double-skunking your nemesis in a game of cribbage

Also: second on the Zevon. Throw in the Stones' "Sticky Fingers," Pinback, and Freddie Mercury.

I don't know what's more disturbing: that you use the word "coitus", or that you have a cribbage nemesis.

I don't know what's more disturbing: that you use the word "coitus", or that you have a cribbage nemesis.

What would really disturb you is the knowledge that I have engaged in the former with the latter.

- My niece yelling "Hi, Dude!" when she sees me, and runs to give me a hug.. (She's only 2.. she and her brother (5), only know me as 'Dude.'..)

- Hitting that clutch shot, when my team really needs it. (Dart League)

- 5:00pm on Friday

- 4:00pm on Sunday, after a Bills win.. knowing that I'm gonna be in a pretty good mood the rest of the week.

- a nice long walk, with my sister.

- stepping onto the bathroom scale and seeing a number in the 220's.. (was as high as 280, a year ago)

- When my cell phone goes off, and the caller ID says it's my wife. (We're seperated.. and I miss her terribly.)

This is a good one. Mowing can be very zen. I like to go in a square pattern and pretend I'm mowing the infield at Yankee Stadium.

What are you nuts! Try doing it for 8 hours in an air conditioned cab! I did cut "Go Sabres" into work's lawn (below Chicago Midway's eastern flight pattern) back in 1999. That got us really far that May-June.

Ahhh... I guess mowing is very zen at times... Especially when I let the yard go for a month and it cleans up and then looks nice!

What would really disturb you is the knowledge that I have engaged in the former with the latter.

Yikes... That's gross!

Watching and listening to a campfire on a cool night.

me and the buddies call a fire Caveman TV..amazing how we can sit and watch it for hours no?

I really enjoy watching stupid people do dumb things. Nothing that's going to get anyone hurt, just those minor stupid things that are always good for a laugh, like watching a woman this morning hit a stationary car. No one was hurt and the only damage was to her car. Perfect.

thats awesome..love this one as I think the majority of people are idiots

Although,it is annoying when it is getting in the way of your day

Tell me about it. She's a right B word, that one. Regret it to this day.

FWIW, she came up with the term "nemesis," not me.

She does sound like a right B word if she is taking credit for the invention of a word that has been around for a thousand years or more.

Anyway for some reason I really get a kick out of it when Sammy goes on one of his cursing tirades. Oh I act all parental and tell him to use better language but when I get out of earshot I usually laugh until I cry.

She does sound like a right B word if she is taking credit for the invention of a word that has been around for a thousand years or more.

My point exactly!

Nice :lol:

Seriously? Nobody plays cribbage anymore?

What's a cribbage?

I love coffee on the patio watching the water sprinkler for a while before anyone else wakes up.

Edited by Stranger in a Strange Land