how did the " potential" guys look?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You don't have to explain to me what a disappointment he's become.

I think that's obvious to everyone.

I just think it's kind of funny how you were "leading the charge" when the team acquired him and now you act as if you were just another Sanbornite and not his most vocal supporter.

Whatever dude.

Listen, after Ryan Neill's reign of terror, I was excited to see the Bills with a long-snapper who many experts thought could win games singlehandedly. If that makes me a zealot, then I don't know what this board is for.

As for whateverdude, I don't know what his opinion was but he can certainly speak for himself.

Potential guys? So you're saying these people look a little girly?

Say it to their faces

I think he's saying that they look like they're somewhere between the hormone treatments and the transgender surgery required to play in the league.

GO BILLS!!!

This thread took a strange turn and I have been saying for a couple of seasons that the LS should be a player with another position on the team as to not waste a roster spot (and you can look it up ;) if you like ).

This thread took a strange turn and I have been saying for a couple of seasons that the LS should be a player with another position on the team as to not waste a roster spot (and you can look it up ;) if you like ).

I'd agree with that

did danny batten long snap in college?

I have no clue. But it seems like a no brainer to get someone to long snap that tales up another roster spot. Gives us more room for another WR/LB/OL/CB. All of these positions are coveted in the league. If we could get one of our backup OL-men to do the long snapping it would save room and give someone a little more experience.

Listen, after Ryan Neill's reign of terror, I was excited to see the Bills with a long-snapper who many experts thought could win games singlehandedly. If that makes me a zealot, then I don't know what this board is for.

As for whateverdude, I don't know what his opinion was but he can certainly speak for himself.

Exactly. Chase and Sanborn isn't a pimple on the ass of Ethan Albright. He just isn't. He isn't, now is he?

Revisionist history.

I'm not gonna go looking for it but when they signed him in 2009 you repeatedly posted that he was a "franchise-caliber long-snapper."

You can argue that it's not the same thing but I can argue that it is.

I swear we need a way to keep track of the things posters say around here.

I have never heard of a "franchise caliber long snapper" BUT I'm sure it's a task that isn't easy. Saying that, if it is possible to have one of the 46/47 game day players NOT be just a one trick pony I think it makes the team better. In other words, if you can have a backup that's already going to be on the game day roster snap, you free up one spot for a guy like our new punter? Maybe when Nix said that it is up to Chan to figure out how to get him on the roster, this whole Batten long snapping may be his idea??

Edited by DukeyBomb

Exactly. Chase and Sanborn isn't a pimple on the ass of Ethan Albright. He just isn't. He isn't, now is he?

I was estatctic we did not have to use the franchise tag on our franchise LS. Heard he was gong to be a hot , like coffee hot, commodity if we let him hit free agency. C'mon, Danny f#%#ing Batten taking over for Sanborn?????

Hot coffee can be dangerous. That's why McDonalds puts a warning on the cup now. And why they invented the frappacino. sorry no link.

You guys can really get off topic sometimes. I thought this thread was about hemmeroids. But i did not read the whole thing.

i had a hemerroid once. i did not like it at all. again. no linky.

if batten can do it, then it makes sense to keep him obviously...

I'm unsure why Batten was long-snapping: attempting to replace Sanborn or getting a few snaps in for depth in case of injury. If it's the latter, then this is a non-story. If it's the former, I'm mildly concerned. There's a reason why pretty much every team in the league feels the need to use up a roster spot with a specialized long-snapper. Gailey has a proven weak spot for multitasking: Levitre at C, Spiller/Smith at WR, Johnson at OLB. These moves have had varying levels of success, but I don't think they've made the team better.

Most threads barely scratch the surface when it comes to analysis, but the posters on this thread have stepped up to the plate, pulled back the extraneous fatty matter and attacked the bloody sole of the question. :worthy:

Sanborn v. Batten indeed.