If Buffalo is to become one of six afc playoff teams

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If the bills make the playoffs, anyone of those teams, besides the pats* are pretty vulnerable . Cinci and texans look good, but they are young. Broncos are a bit of a boom or bust team, imo. Baltimore and pitt aren't the same. Jests are the jests.

Afc is just weak. If we were in the nfc, I would doubt our playoff hopes a lot more. I think we got a good shot in the afc.

Since Denver made it as a division winner, it won't be Denver's slot. If the Broncos don't win the AFC West someone else will.

It's either a wild card slot (think: Pittsburgh or Cinci or Balt steps down, and out of the playoffs) or winning the division outright.

Pittsburgh looks like it's weakening but the Steelers always come up with something to stay good. I predict Baltimore will struggle because Flacco hasn't convinced me, but above all I have faith in Cinci to screw up. Dalton will fall off in his second year.

I'm also optimistic about our chances in the AFC East, but predicting it . . . . I dunno. Feels like too much to swallow in May.

My prediction: the Bills will be better than the 2nd place teams in the South and West -- earning a playoff spot will be all about finishing at least 2nd in the East, and beating out the 3rd place team in the North.

I've got this weird feeling that the Broncos are going to be one of the worst teams in the NFL this year.

I was just thinking how wrong it is to see Manning in a Broncos uniform.

I don't know if it was even discussed, but Manning should have taken a pay cut and retired a Colt.

I say Cincinnati. Call it a sophomore jinx for Dalton coupled with higher expectations.

Sophomore jinx it would have to be, because last year Cincy showed that they have been very skilled in terms of talent development and selection.

I could see the Bills and Bengals as the 2 most improved teams in the NFL this season.

Uh-oh, 1989 all over again. No irritating Icky Shuffle this time, though.

My prediction: the Bills will be better than the 2nd place teams in the South and West -- earning a playoff spot will be all about finishing at least 2nd in the East, and beating out the 3rd place team in the North.

My Bills division title shirt is looking kinda beat down. It's high time for another shirt.

Since Denver made it as a division winner, it won't be Denver's slot. If the Broncos don't win the AFC West someone else will.

It's either a wild card slot (think: Pittsburgh or Cinci or Balt steps down, and out of the playoffs) or winning the division outright.

Pittsburgh looks like it's weakening but the Steelers always come up with something to stay good. I predict Baltimore will struggle because Flacco hasn't convinced me, but above all I have faith in Cinci to screw up. Dalton will fall off in his second year.

I'm also optimistic about our chances in the AFC East, but predicting it . . . . I dunno. Feels like too much to swallow in May.

This

I've got this weird feeling that the Broncos are going to be one of the worst teams in the NFL this year.

Disagree completely. If Peyton Manning stays healthy (which I'm not sure he will, but if he does...) and he is 75% of his former self, the Broncos will skip and whistle their way to the AFC West title. Reasoning: look at those Colts teams- bad defenses, a couple playmakers and that's it. This Broncos team already has a decent defense and a pretty good OL. All he has to do is turn D. Thomas and Decker into legit 1 and 2 receivers and like I said, they will have no problem winning that division.

It looks to me like Buffalo is going to have a hard time making the playoffs this year. I'd bet Nix and Gailey are thinking that they more or less have to win the division to get in. Sure, if they don't win the division they could still make the playoffs as a wildcard, but the only sure way of going is by winning the division, and everything they've done this offseason shows they are trying to win now - and they're building a team very similar to the Giants teams that have been able to handle the Patriots, at least defensively.

If they don't win the division it likely means they're finishing with a record somewhere under 12 wins. Best case scenario there, 11 wins, would probably make the playoffs as a wildcard, but... consider these teams: Steelers, Bengals, Ravens, Chargers, and Broncos. There's a good chance all of those teams finish around 10 or 11 wins.

My point is this - we're trying to win the division, and if we fail, it'll fall to luck and our record to get us in as a wildcard.