Tanney no longer with the Bills

Some goodbye music, tearful speeches, retiring the number he would have worn if he made the team, and finishing it off by throwing a perfect spiral off the helmet of Dareus, off the shoulder pads of byrd, and into the arms of Stevie in the endzone to be remembered on YouTube forever.... Until the internet dies, of course.

Maybe the NFL should go back to the 12 round draft so players like Tanney can receive the appropriate level of pomp and circumstance.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would have loved to see a different ending to the Tanney story but, as usual, the Bills handled it the right way and with their usual class. Tanney had other offers, and now maybe one of those will pan out for him.

Meanwhile, back at One Bills Drive, the QB position is already somewhat crowded going into camp - with Fitz, Young, Thigpen, Smith, and even Josh Nesbitt able to take turns heaving the ball...

GO BILLSSS!!!!

19 and 0 baby!!!!! B-)

Oh goody! We get to keep Thigpen who holds the clipboard so well. How about they tell Thigpen to make a youtube video off anything he can do for the team besides clipboard aficionado.

Oh goody! We get to keep Thigpen who holds the clipboard so well. How about they tell Thigpen to make a youtube video off anything he can do for the team besides clipboard aficionado.

Unless VY's wheels completely fall off, Thigpen won't be on the team. He's either 2nd string or gone.

GO BILLS!!!

The Thigpens are holy people. There are facts that his ancestors date all the way back to the times of Moses. The young and quite handsome Nazarah Thigpen was a young boy then but Moses trusted him to hold the commandments on the voyage. Tyler Thigpen holding a clipboard is no different than helping spread the (offensive) word.

Tanny was this years Jasper. I love dark horse freaks but Jasper never made it to the field and the novelty has warned w all the loses. sad reality as jasper is a goner as well. I would love Tanny on our practice squad.

I think you're right. Why waste a roster spot. We need football players not human interest stories.

I blame Wawrow. You should send him a PM every hour until he writes an obit for the kid.

Seriously. I don't think I can get through my day unless I know what airline Tanney flew out of Buffalo or if was raining when he walked out of OBD.

Seriously. I don't think I can get through my day unless I know what airline Tanney flew out of Buffalo or if was raining when he walked out of OBD.

How many of your 22 thousand posts are NOT sarcastic?? :doh:

Whats really messed up is they have the bills signing him to a 3 year contract 1.4 million,on 2 links on the net,not going to get into that though ,if he has left havent seen anything from him on facebook,Yea Im from Monmouth,iL where he played his college ball,hind sight is 20/20,but the videos they made were just joking around,Unless you saw him play,then you dont know how really good he could be with some time,had some footwork problems but was working real hard to fix it,Yea Im a Hometown guy rooting for the hometown player but Im sure he will be going to camp with somebody,I dont care what NCAA Div your in if your the all time leading TD passer,that has to say something One of the websites reporting contract is spotrac.com check it out must just be bad info though.

Edited by atyfan11

You mean this doesn't count?

They should go get SMU's JJ McDermott. Intelligent, Good size. Respectable arm strength, but most of all, he's a competitor. -Transferred schools and actually took some kid's job. I think this kid could make an NFL roster.

Would love to see him in a Bills uni.

Why is this kid getting so much attention? I really don't get it. Are people basing his ability to succeed in the NFL off of a trick shot video?

I would say more likely the DIII records he set, and the fact that he's the son of coaches and possibly a student of the game. He looked like he might be a "sleeper"