Who will the Bills sign next??

Nix is on a mission to improve the team this year. After the V. Young signing I think the Bills have quality starters and or good depth at QB/RB/FB/OT/OC/OG/DE/DT/CB/SS/FS/K/P/LS. Where they could still use some veteran help is at WR and at LB. These are the two positions I'd like to see them seek to fill next with a veteran player.

There are some pretty good players available at WR and LB. They could use another TE as well.

TEs available: B. Scaife/V. Shiancoe

WRs available: P. Burress/B. Edwards/M. Sims-Walker

LBs available: K. Brooking/N. Diggs/J. Farrior/J. Porter

At TE we have Chandler and L. Smith and not much else. Chandler is a very good all-around player, but Smith appears to be a one dimensional blocker and not much of a receiver. I'd love to see the Bills give Shiancoe or Scaife a chance.

At WR we have S. Johnson and a lot of guys with potential. What we're missing is a really big target, which would be really helpful for the red zone (i.e. the difference between scoring TDs vs FGs). Burress would fill that role well.

AT LB we have Barnett, Sheppard, and Morrison penciled in as the starters with Carder, C. White, and Bradham as depth. We could really use another veteran player to compete for a starting spot. All four of the LBs that I've mentioned above are proven players, but which one fits the 4-3 the best and still has something left in the tank?? J. Porter played for Wannstedt in Miami and had 17.5 sacks one year. Would the Bills give him a shot??

My picks:

WR: Burress

LB: Porter

TE: Shiancoe.

Your thoughts??

I don't know that we'll sign anyone who's currently out there. We may scour the waiver wire later as teams jettison solid veterans in favor of cheaper rookies but I think the BILLS are going to try to extend Levitre and Byrd before the season starts, so anything else is basically back burner.

V. Shiancoe is a free agent? Buffalo should bring him into camp, the guy was a real threat with the Vikings, I like Chandler a lot but the guy is not much of a receiving threat deep down field. If he is a free agent at this point he likely will come cheap. He will be 32 this season so I think he might have another year in the tank. Also we are razor thin at TE outside of Chandler. V.Shiancoe had similar stats to Chandler last season and he wasn't playing with the best QB play (McNabb and a rookie in Ponder).

Outside of Shiancoe there isn't much else there, I guess you could kick the tires on a WR like M.Sims-Walker as we are razor thin at the position as in my opinion its S.Johnson, D.Nelson, and a bunch of other guys.

Sims-Walker, wouldn't be a terrible addition, he's young and has a lot of talent. Buffalo would be his best chance at making a team.

The team has good chemistry right now and the last thing it needs is controversy. I may not personally see Sims-Walker as an issue but statistics tell you that roughly half of the Bills locker room will and half won't. Bad for chemistry. Pass.

The next signings I want to see would be Byrd, Levitre, Wood's extension, Rinehart and Urbick getting longer deals. Nix has developed the nucleus, now lock em up.

On second thought, maybe we should wait until the END of the season to answer the questions posted in this thread. :rolleyes:

I am not sure about who but I see another RB being added. Not to challenge FJax and Spiller but as insurance/relief.

We did. His name is Tashard Choice. Not to mention, there's still Johnny White. We spent a mid round pick on him just last year. Although, he's yet to show me much. No, we're good on RB's.

I, honestly, think that an upgrade to the QB position behind Fitz was the last real hole we had.

Everyone says WR, but we drafted one with a 3rd Round Pick. Not to mention, we have a 4th Rounder (Easley) that's looking to FINALLY make his regular season debut. We also re-signed Derek Hagan, who came on last year in a very short amount of time with the team. We also signed David Clowney (quietly) who has good size, speed, and experience. The team has said some good things about him and I expect him to be an upgrade from Ruvell Martin. There's also Donald Jones and Naaman Roosevelt who are decent reserves who have chemistry with Fitz.

We're set at #1 and the slot with Stevie Johnson and David Nelson. Graham and Easley will battle Jones for that 2nd position (and I expect one of them to beat him). And with all of the options above; there's only so many WR's you can keep. We're set.

Barring injury or a surprise cut that is undoubtedly an upgrade, I don't think we'll be signing any more "name" players. And after the offseason they've had, that's fine with me :)

Edited by BillsFanForever19

Its tough because on one hand, we are a borderline playoff team, and need a few more peices.

On the flip side, we have a young nucleus that needs a chance to grow.

Sims-Walker, and others, would be an improvement THIS YEAR, but may stunt the growth of Graham, Jones, Easley, Nelson, Roosevelt, etc.

The better solution IMO, is to stick with the guys we have. Let this year play out. Resign Wood-Levitre-Byrd and figure out if we really need another WR (or heaven forbid, a QB). Go into next offseason with maybe only a couple holes which we can address in FA and .... SUPER BOWL (okay..had to type it...this is the first time in about 12 years where i thought we might actually be going in the right direction)