Womb to Tomb - Obama's Got You Covered

To Be Julia Or Not To Be Julia? That Is the Question

FTA:

“The Life of Julia” is, of course, another of the Democrats’ never-ending efforts to lock up the “women’s vote.” But that is a misnomer: what the Democrats really dominate is the single women’s vote. Single women do vote overwhelmingly Democratic. Why? Because they worry that they may need to fall back on the government for security. Married women, on the other hand, change their priorities: their first object is their family’s well-being, and most of them consequently vote Republican. Notice that at no time in “Julia’s” life is she ever said to have a husband.

In a sense, I think that the Democrats’ crude slide show and the conservatives who mock it are ships passing in the night. Sure, “Julia” validates everything Mitt Romney says about Obama’s vision of a government-centered society. Sure, as conservatives tweeted, “Julia” depicts Americans as helpless losers who can’t do a thing without a government handout. But the sad truth is that the Democrats know their audience. There are a great many Americans, most but by no means all of them women, who evidently are not embarrassed by the fact that their life plan consists of using government to get their hands on someone else’s money. What conservatives see as the life of a pathetic loser, Democratic voters see as a heck of a good deal.

Remember the exchange between Mitt Romney and an Illinois voter who said:

So you’re all for like, ‘yay, freedom,’ and all this stuff. And ‘yay, like pursuit of happiness.’ You know what would make me happy? Free birth control.

Romney’s response was principled:

You want free stuff? Vote for the other guy.

In this election, the lines couldn’t be more clearly drawn. The Democrats are the party of free stuff. Well, not actually free of course, but taxed away from someone who earned it or borrowed from our children. History does not give us great assurance that in the battle between freedom and progress on one side, and dependence and decline on the other, freedom and progress will win. We will have a better idea which way that epic struggle is going after November.

John Hindraker

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You mean to say Julia had absolutely no opportunity to go to school, build a career, start a business, and be responsible for her own body before Obama took office and "leveled the playing field"?

BTW, I've never called Obama "Barry." That you think I have speaks volumes about you.

She had the chance to do those things, but was it as easy for her as it was for a child of an affluent family who may not have been as smart but had parents with money?

And know I don't you've never called him Barry, just like I know you never start threads as far as I can tell. My point is to lump you in with the rest of the crazy asses that don't seem to get what these programs are about.

How the hell would Julia be able to start a business if she was still paying off her surgery from college?

Now I don't think she should be able to get her BC for free. She should have to pay whatever copay is required by the plan she chooses.

She had the chance to do those things, but was it as easy for her as it was for a child of an affluent family who may not have been as smart but had parents with money?

And know I don't you've never called him Barry, just like I know you never start threads as far as I can tell. My point is to lump you in with the rest of the crazy asses that don't seem to get what these programs are about.

How the hell would Julia be able to start a business if she was still paying off her surgery from college?

Now I don't think she should be able to get her BC for free. She should have to pay whatever copay is required by the plan she chooses.

Take out a bank loan like every other person starting a business...

Take out a bank loan like every other person starting a business...

Or do what I did: develop a business plan and first-year operating budget, determine how much you need to start up and carry yourself for the first year, and then scrimp and save until you have that amount. Then you cut every dime of wasteful spending in your life, go on an austerity budget and work your ass off to create positive cash flow. Granted, you need a viable business model and plan. You can't just say "Oh, I'll start a web design business," get your SBA loan and start hiring people.

I spent about 45 minutes looking into a SBA loan before realizing what a useless option what was.

Do you think the bank is going to be willing to issue her a loan if she has massive amounts of medical debt she is struggling to pay off?

Why not? The federal government has massive amounts of debt but The Federal Reserve keeps loaning them money that they borrow from China

I'm sorry. What massive medical debt is she struggling to pay off?

Exactly. Something about Julia's story doesn't add up. After Romney cut all governmental funding, abolished health insurance, and cancelled education as we know it she would most likely have been forced to perform the surgery herself, which is free.

While we are discussing the finances of a fictional person, does this fairy tale also include Obama reigning as POTUS until 2080?

So Julia came from a poor, disadvantaged background, and is stupid? You seem to know a lot about Julia...

Yeah, you don't see the idiocy inherent in that ridiculous and offensive cartoon. But I'm one of the "crazy asses".

With an SBA loan, same way as she does in the cartoon. :wallbash:

Or do what I did: develop a business plan and first-year operating budget, determine how much you need to start up and carry yourself for the first year, and then scrimp and save until you have that amount. Then you cut every dime of wasteful spending in your life, go on an austerity budget and work your ass off to create positive cash flow. Granted, you need a viable business model and plan. You can't just say "Oh, I'll start a web design business," get your SBA loan and start hiring people.

I spent about 45 minutes looking into a SBA loan before realizing what a useless option what was.

That sounds too hard, too much work involved with that. Free stuff is better

That sounds too hard, too much work involved with that. Free stuff is better

I know in theory that sounds good, but we already gave Julia free condoms and she STILL had a kid...and she apparently doesn't even have a man in her life.

I know in theory that sounds good, but we already gave Julia free condoms and she STILL had a kid...and she apparently doesn't even have a man in her life.

:lol: It's very important that she starts her own web design company because if she gets a 9-5 job, she'll suffer.

Do you think the bank is going to be willing to issue her a loan if she has massive amounts of medical debt she is struggling to pay off?

Then I guess the poor little girl doesn't start her own business and has to work for someone else like most of us. WTF dude.