Womb to Tomb - Obama's Got You Covered

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Under President Obama: Julia takes the SAT and is on track to start her college applications. Her high school is part of the Race to the Top program, implemented by President Obama. Their new college- and career-ready standards mean Julia can take the classes she needs to do well.

But......what if Julia doesn't live in a state that Obama considered to be one of the big money Dem fund raising states and/or swing states for 2012 --- which are the only ones that received the Race to the Top grants?

Is anyone else disappointed that they didn't go the full Monty and do the same slide show for Julia's life under Romney?

Here is Julia, forced to work as a stripper to pay her rent. She can't go to college because Mitt Romney ordered tuition to be tripled so that the rich could get more free caviar.

Edited by KD in CT

But......what if Julia doesn't live in a state that Obama considered to be one of the big money Dem fund raising states and/or swing states for 2012 --- which are the only ones that received the Race to the Top grants?

Then she will die. And it will be Mitt Romney's fault.

Who the hell is "Julia," and why am I paying for her whole life?

by David Harsanyi 05/03/2012

In the new Barack Obama campaign piece The Life of Julia, voters can "Take a look at how President Obama's policies help one woman over her lifetime -- and how Mitt Romney would change her story." It is one of the most brazenly statist pieces of campaign literature I can ever remember seeing.

Let's, for the purposes of this post, set aside the misleading generalizations regarding policy in the ad (no one is innocent on that account, obviously). What we are left with is a celebration of a how a woman can live her entire life by leaning on government intervention, dependency and other people's money rather than her own initiative or hard work. It is, I'd say, implicitly un-American, in the sense that it celebrates a mindset we have -- outwardly, at least -- shunned.

It is also a mindset that women should find offensively patronizing. When they're old enough, I hope my two daughters will find the notion that their success hinges on the president's views on college-loan interest rates preposterous. Yet, according to the "Life of Julia," women are helpless without the guiding hand of Barack Obama.

Julia can enroll in a Head Start program to help get her ready for school. Because of steps President Obama has taken to improve the program … Julia can take the SATs because she was trained by the Race to the Top program, yes, implemented by President Obama … During college, Julia undergoes surgery, which is thankfully covered by her insurance due to parents' coverage until she turns 26 … thanks to Obama.

Julia works as a full-time web designer, and thanks to Obamacare, her health insurance is required to cover birth control and preventive care, "letting Julia focus on her work rather than worry about her health..."

...because children are bad for your health, obviously.

And so on and so forth.

Julia then has a son named Zachary (who has no father around, as far as I can tell) and we can start the entire storyline again.

Finally, Julia retires. After years of contributing to Social Security, she receives monthly benefits that help her retire comfortably, without worrying that she'll run out of savings...

This allows her to volunteer at a community garden.

If you think Social Security benefits allow you to live your retirement without worry, you deserve Barack Obama.

Most decent people believe that government should be there to assist and help those who find themselves in legitimately rough or desperate circumstances. But an adult Julia, from what I can tell, does not qualify.

Human Events

Edited by B-Man

There are some very good public policy items in there that benefit Americans of all ages and sexes..... alot of women are going to like that tutorial, it's like an Old Navy advertisement...LOL

I feel bad for Julia. She seems almost completely incapable of taking care of herself.

Except for when she opens up up that firm, and probably hires on designers and programmers and creates jobs....

You guys are too much sometimes... LOL

Except for when she opens up up that firm, and probably hires on designers and programmers and creates jobs....

Who is she going to hire? If you follow the Barack Obama Womb To Tomb Incentive Program, there won't be anyone to hire because growing up, going to school, graduating college and being given an SBA loan to start your own company is right there for you. Everyone can do it. Hell, I just watched Julia do it in a three-minute Powerpoint.

Why work for Julia when Barack Obama is going to make sure you start your own web design firm right before you comfortably retire exclusively on Social Security.'

This is one of those things that is going to be excessively mocked for years.

This is one of those things that is going to be excessively mocked for years.

And the fun part is....they don't get that, or why.

They don't see that they are doing to themselves. What about Julia the crackwhore who has never had a sense of personal accomplishment, or self worth, because it wasn't issued to her by the government?

Or is it more accurately: Julia the GI? with everything being issued to her by the government? A good little soldier, she does as she is ordered by the government bureaucrat, who, armed with their master degree in women's studies, must know better than Julia what is good for her. After all Julia is a woman, right?

She couldn't open it without Obama...

Really, you don't think that whole thing was obscenely patronizing?

Edited by DC Tom

She couldn't open it without Obama...

Really, you don't think that whole thing was obscenely patronizing?

"There are no actual people who are benefiting from my policies so here's a made up person :lol:

Edited by meazza

Does this mean that President Obama can make us immortal, so we won't die?

Yes, but there can be only one. :lol:

I think we all know whose fault that is...and who the one will end up being. :lol:

Edited by OCinBuffalo

I feel bad for Julia. She seems almost completely incapable of taking care of herself.

Yes We Can!

Does this mean that President Obama can make us immortal, so we won't die?

He CAN make you immortal. You only need to do one little thing to make the magic happen.

Give him your vote.

Let me be clear

Before you guys in the back seat get all wee-wee'd up over this, I do not have the power to grant immortality. The best I can do is susbsidize imorrality.

Even if the Party of No would grant me this ability, why would I use it? The great 20th century statesman and inventor of The Declaration of the Constitution, Franklin Benjamin from one of the original 17 Colonies, once said something about Death and Taxes. If we granted immortality then nobody would die. If nobody died then The State could not collect inheiritance taxes.

I seriously thought you guys were joking around, then I discovered that this is actually on Obama's website??? Holy ****, if anyone had any delusions that this administration was not intent on having every citizen suckling the government teat...I just can't finish...it's so surreal...

This will go down in history like Mike Dukakis in the tank photo op....or Gary Hart....

Edited by TheMadCap