SO glad Shanahan said no to Ralph...

eball

Has anyone ever gotten more mileage out of having the good fortune to coach three Hall of Famers in their prime?

The Redskins are so good they can waste a 4th round pick on a backup QB? They have no high picks for the next couple of years, and a roster that is hardly complete. The arrogance is stunning.

Anyone want to take bets on which team -- the Skins or Bills -- makes the postseason first under the respective Shanahan/Gailey regimes?

Shanahan has 11 wins in two seasons, coaching a team with some of the deepest pockets in the league. Gailey is only one win behind him, but owns the head-to-head in an embarrassing matchup last season.

Am I a homer? You bet. But I wouldn't trade rosters with the Redskins right now for anything.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone ever gotten more mileage out of having the good fortune to coach three Hall of Famers in their prime?

The Redskins are so good they can waste a 4th round pick on a backup QB? They have no high picks for the next couple of years, and a roster that is hardly complete. The arrogance is stunning.

Anyone want to take bets on which team -- the Skins or Bills -- makes the postseason first under the respective Shanahan/Gailey regimes?

Shanahan has 11 wins in two seasons, coaching a team with some of the deepest pockets in the league. Gailey is only one win behind him, but owns the head-to-head in an embarrassing matchup last season.

Am I a homer? You bet. But I wouldn't trade rosters with the Redskins right now for anything.

What is ever said--definitively--that Shanahan passed on US, and not visa versa?

The only thing that can be said about the Redskins right now is they have their franchise QB in RG3. That being said I can't wait to watch Fitz with a healthy O Line and a defense that will actually force some three and outs.

Never wanted Shananagans in Buffalo.

He's a coach who doesn't mind his people playing dirty. And Call me what you will. I'd prefer classy players to dirt balls like Romanowski

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_19225620?source=rss

Former Broncos LB Romanowski heads the all-Dirty Team

With the arrival of the body-slamming, head-slapping Boy Named Suh and the Detroit Lions today, we present the NFL's All-Dirty Team.

In a stunning development, Conrad Dobler has been demoted from captain of the bottom-of-the-pile torture club. The move was made after Hall of Fame tight end Shannon Sharpe was asked for nominations.

"Romo No. 1 and 2, 3 and 4," Sharpe said. "And every Raider except Rod Woodson."

Take a bow, Bill Romanow-ski, who qualifies on all counts. When a teammate says you're dirty, the contest is over. Romo, who played middle linebacker for the Broncos from 1996 to 2001 and Raiders from 2002-03, didn't just tackle ball carriers, he snapped Dave Meggett's finger and kicked Larry Centers in the head.

He didn't just sack quarterbacks, he broke Kerry Collins' jaw. Romanowski didn't cover receivers, he spit in J.J. Stokes' face.

Those who don't know Romanowski might be surprised to learn he's not defensive about his "dirty" rap.

I got so sick of the RGIII/Redskins lovefest ESPN had over the 3 day draft weekend. It might as well had been Joe Theismann talking about the draft, as Theismann talks about the Redskins with such a huge man crush.

The Redskins have so many holes on their team, yet they wasted a pick on taking another QB. They already gave up multiple 1st round picks for RGIII, so this was beyond a boneheaded move. I don't think dumbazz Donahoe would have screwed up that bad.

IMO, giving up 1st round pucks in 2013 & 2014, plus a 2nd rounder, along with wasting a pick on another QB will set the Redskins back many years.

Shanny also fell in love with Maurece Clarett 3rd round. Redskins are acting loike they are a QB away frrom a SB when they are the worst team in that division.

They got more holes on that team than Swiss cheese.

if shanahan takes them to the super bowl before gailey does with us... this post will be hilarious to me :)

Yeah the OP's post was basically asking if anyone thought the Redskins would make it there first.

Exercise a little football acumen and let us know whether you think they're ahead of us or not.

As for Shanny, I vocally argued against his hiring based on the fact that the more control he got in Denver, the worse his teams became. I argued against Holmgren for the same reasons in Seattle and btw if you see a successful dad hiring a son who has not yet paid his dues, then you know that there's an unhealthy degree of ego and nepotism involved (Bill Polian) and a sign that you should be very wary of hiring dad. Say what you want about Belichick, but he paid his dues. So have a lot of second generation NFLers but Kyle Shanahan and Chris Polian did not, nor did any of the Shula kids. They were all promoted too far too fast.

It was clear to me that Shanahan was an ego out of control who surrounded himself with "yes men" including his son, the offensive coordinator.

I was relieved when it didn't come to pass.

where i live is tons of Bronco fans and we are exposed to lots of Bronco football, while fans were surprised at Shanahan's firing, there was no outcry. Too many questionable draft picks, dubious Sunday game calling and never seemed to have a plan in place. There was a reason he was let go in Denver. Shanahan would not have been a good fit in Buffalo. Chan on the other hand acts like there is no other place he would rather be than head coach of the Buffalo Bills.

Yeah the OP's post was basically asking if anyone thought the Redskins would make it there first.

Exercise a little football acumen and let us know whether you think they're ahead of us or not.

As for Shanny, I vocally argued against his hiring based on the fact that the more control he got in Denver, the worse his teams became. I argued against Holmgren for the same reasons in Seattle and btw if you see a successful dad hiring a son who has not yet paid his dues, then you know that there's an unhealthy degree of ego and nepotism involved (Bill Polian) and a sign that you should be very wary of hiring dad. Say what you want about Belichick, but he paid his dues. So have a lot of second generation NFLers but Kyle Shanahan and Chris Polian did not, nor did any of the Shula kids. They were all promoted too far too fast.

It was clear to me that Shanahan was an ego out of control who surrounded himself with "yes men" including his son, the offensive coordinator.

I was relieved when it didn't come to pass.

Perfectly stated, in my opinion.

How can you not feel bad for Cousins? No matter how well he plays in camp and pre-season games or how bad Griffin plays, he has no shot of playing the next 2+years unless Griffin gets hurt. The guy has no shot to compete for playing time and it's not even like he's learning behind an experienced, bonafide NFL QB. Shanahan basically ruined a kid's career with his own arrogance/stupidity.

Mike Shanahan is an ordinary coach.

I'd argue Bill Cowher was too.

Totally agree on Cowher. How many AFC Championships can u lose at home before you are called a fraud? His SB victory was a gift from the refs. Tomlin has done just as well. Cowher was not bad and he seemed to be consistently good, but he was never a great coach. LeBaeu was the the main difference maker. Too bad he chose Cincinnati as his HC opportunity.