Peter King

GM of the weekend (tie): Trent Baalke, San Francisco; Buddy Nix, Buffalo. I detailed Baalke's multiple moves to set up the Niners as a power player in the 2013 draft. And getting LaMichael James late in the second round gives Jim Harbaugh the home-run back he hasn't had in an offense that needs a threat like that.

As for Nix, who rebuilt his defensive end position in free agency (Mario Williams, Mark Anderson), he bought a new secondary over the weekend, with first- and fourth-round corners (Stephon Gilmore and Ron Brooks) who will become starting and nickel corners, respectively.

The key to Buffalo's draft could end up being offensive tackle Zebrie Sanders, a fifth-round tackle from Florida State who started at age 18 in the ACC, and started 50 games in college. Cordy Glenn and Zanders one day could make this a great draft.

http://www.cnnsi.com/2012/writers/peter_king/04/30/mmqb/1.html

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

youtube.com/watch?v=cV448r5f2qI :oops:

I was at this game and will always remember Sanders for that play. But I hope he does great things here in Buffalo, and quickly changes my memory of him!! :thumbsup:

Oh man that is awfully funny though... :lol:

I was at this game and will always remember Sanders for that play. But I hope he does great things here in Buffalo, and quickly changes my memory of him!! :thumbsup:

I think he has his false start problem licked

Was there ever an explanation for this?

I've never figured out why they do it, but college Olines are often coached to not move if there's a defensive offsides. Someone told me once that it helps draw attention to the offsides, not sure if that's the real reason. Either way, I've never understood it and think it's pretty stupid. But watch a day of college football and you'll see it, though that's the first time I've ever seen just one guy do it.

Apparently he thought it was offsides. While the rest of the line didn't freeze, I'd guess most of them thought so too by the way the defense just ran by them all. Without being on the field it's tough to say what really happened, but as ridiculous as he looks, I THINK what really happened is he was the most disciplined of the bunch and froze like he was coached to do.

After watching the play again, I have to say it was just a big mistake by Zebrie. Not sure what he thought he saw, but there was no offsides and the line didn't think so either, they just got beat real bad. Anyways, that's the stupidity of the design.

Edited by Faustus

This kid is so good his team picks up 5 yards even when he is asleep!!

yes where are the asleep at the switch and country bumbkin etc talk...where are you guys. Followed by the he hasn't won anything yet. Bottom line the guy knows what he's doing you can't find any one with NFL knowledge who says the opposite.

Naysayer response will be crickets.