The picks that got away

Snapple

Would like to think it was Russell Wilson or a QB somewhere. How necessary was the TJ Graham pick? A QB here would have been less of a reach. No matter how good the team is, an injury to Fitz early in the season with Thigpen filling in will put their jobs in jeopardy as it should. The draft seemed good but time will tell. I think Buddy sleeps another year at QB. We are still extremely vulnerable and primed for another non playoff year if Fitz is injured. When Buddy was with San Diego they drafted Rivers when they had Brees??? Does he feel that Fitz does not need the competition that they felt Brees did?

I think the Rivers pick had different motivation. Brees was a 2nd round pick, had been given a few years and really hadn't played that well up to that point. They felt they needed a starting QB, straight up. Brees lit it up during Rivers rookie year and took off from there. It was a big surprise at the time...

Edited by cage

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly if they took Sanders or Carder in the 3rd no one would have thought either were a reach.

Great draft.

I was feeling pretty word after that Graham pick, it looked like a classic Bills reach but Day 3 was strong.

Aaron Corp as a camp arm is interesting. He was a 3rd string USC QB and has prototypical size.

He'll have a full chance to compete for the 3rd string QB spot.

Cousins has great size, his decision making is questionable, and it's hard to teach that. I'm ok that we missed him.

From what I read, he won the starting job but then broke a leg, then Barkley took over. Said he lost some mobility as a result. He'll be lucky to make PS.

From what I read, he won the starting job but then broke a leg, then Barkley took over. Said he lost some mobility as a result. He'll be lucky to make PS.

Correct but he never actually started and transferred to Richmond because he knew he never would.

I don't think you should sell the guy so short. Tyler Thigpen isn't Aaron Rodgers. All Corp has to do is look better than Thigpen, seems like a pretty easy goal.

Edited by Why So Serious?

Would like to think it was Russell Wilson or a QB somewhere. How necessary was the TJ Graham pick? A QB here would have been less of a reach. No matter how good the team is, an injury to Fitz early in the season with Thigpen filling in will put their jobs in jeopardy as it should. The draft seemed good but time will tell. I think Buddy sleeps another year at QB. We are still extremely vulnerable and primed for another non playoff year if Fitz is injured. When Buddy was with San Diego they drafted Rivers when they had Brees??? Does he feel that Fitz does not need the competition that they felt Brees did?

Players that were injured at receiver for us this past year

Donald Jones

Marcus Easley

Brad Smith

Roscoe Parrish

Stevie played hurt all year.

Number of games Fitz missed in past 2 seasons

Sorry i am just not worried about who our backup is at all

I am guessing Kirk Cousins was one.

:thumbsup:

Yeah, but he said "right before us." Cousins was picked like two before the Bills picked.

I don't care, really. I think we had an awesone draft. The only question mark for me is Grahm. But in Buddy I trust!

My top guesses would be Wilson, everyone expecting him in the 4th and going in the 3rd. Brian quick WR that they wanted really bad rams took at start of the 2nd I believe, I have a feeling buddy wanted quick alot. Maybe Kirk cousins also after Wilson was gone. As for the top ten I'm sure they wanted one of the top prospects to fall

Everyone was passing on randle because because they thought he had poor work ethic. After teams passed him over for some other receivers in the late first, I think he or his agent called around to see what was going on and some teams told him they were concerned with his work ethic. Saw it on twitter about the start of day two. Maybe this factored into our decision.

Players rarely fumble when they're streaking down the sideline, behind the defense. That's where I hope we'll see Graham earning his keep. He's not a slot receiver.

Considering he fumbled ten times in the last two seasons against far less tough guys than he will be facing, I think he will never make it in the NFL.

Number of games Fitz missed in past 2 seasons

Sorry i am just not worried about who our backup is at all

All it takes is one hit. The mood in Bills Country is high right now and everyone has dreams of the playoffs. But let's say the worst-case scenario occurs, and Fitz goes down in Week 1 with a knee injury and is done for the year. With our current QB depth, what's our record at the end of the year? 4-12? 5-11 maybe?

Considering he fumbled ten times in the last two seasons against far less tough guys than he will be facing, I think he will never make it in the NFL.

Yeah, it's a concern.

But this guy had the same problem early in his career and learned to overcome it...

Only lost 3!!!!

The problem is that's like saying he drove over the legal limit 10 times but only got busted on 3 of them. The ten is the important number.

Quick earlier than we expected. Could have been him.

Quick went more quickly than expected but not as quickly as Mike Quick did in '82.

Yeah, it's a concern.

But this guy had the same problem early in his career and learned to overcome it...

You had to be "that guy" by bringing up "this guy."

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan