RD 4, Pick #124: CB Ron Brooks - LSU

SDS

I noticed no mention of McKelvin. Is there any chance he improves. I thought he made the leap from not very good to just below average last year. If he can make a giant leap to better than average that would be great.

i thought he regressed

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was getting excited about Brooks until your Mallet comments made me doubt your evaluation skills. Mallet is a crack head with the speed of Frankenstein. If you can name one crack head that runs like Frankenstein in the NFL Hall of Fame I will revise my opinion. Until then my guess is that Brooks will suck.

Lets see, he doesnt do crack and he is faster than Montana, Brady, and Manning with a better arm...so, I think he has some upside. And someone else already mentioned Marino...

Edited by Alphadawg7

I am telling you right now, Ron Brooks is going to be a major talent at the NFL level. This guy would have been a premiere corner on any other major college program in the Nation and he is going to turn a lot of heads around here. Seriously loving our DB's right now. I loved the Byrd pick 2 years ago on draft night and I loved Aaron Williams pick last year (once I got over the initial disappointment of not taking Mallet...although I am still perplexed we didn't grab Mallet in round 3)and love the Gilmore pick this year. I think both young corners have a tremendous ceiling and now you add Ron Brooks into the mix who I think could prove to be a very good DB in this league and we have the makings of one helluva young secondary with Byrd as well.

Add in McGee and those are 4 very good corners IMO going into this season. They may bring Ron along more slowly than Gilmore simply based on the combination of the Vets we have (McGee and Florence) and his draft slot as Gilmore I think is penciled in as a day 1 starter unless he fails to impress and struggles in camp.

Man, even as I write this I just can not help be get giddy with excitement over the potential of this D. It is still premature, but this D has the potential, talent wise, to be one of the best in the league as soon as this year and for years to come. We are suddenly very deep at DB, have talented safeties, drafted some very intriguing young LB prospects that have the potential to challenge for reps early, and have what I believe is the best front 4 in the NFL right now, at least from a talent perspective (still gotta prove it on the field).

Byrd and Wilson holding down the safeties spots...two young physical corners in Williams and Gilmore...a proven vet and a physical Brooks coming in on nickel and dime packages, Barnett leading the young LB's and Dareus and Kyle pushing the middle and Mark and Mario flying off the edges...holy sh*t that sounds bad ass! Then there is still the additional wild card of a healthy Merriman and being able to rotate him around the DE and OLB spots to bring more heat...

Wow, this FO has completely transformed this D fast! Again, its premature, but on paper I am like holy sh*t the potential is high!

Do we finally get rid of McKelvin, please, please, please?

I noticed no mention of McKelvin. Is there any chance he improves. I thought he made the leap from not very good to just below average last year. If he can make a giant leap to better than average that would be great.

This is a contract year for McFumble so he either performs at a higher level or next year he'll be going back to his lawn maintenance job.

What do you have against crack?

Crack is cheap. Mallett makes too much money to ever smoke crack. Let's get that straight. OK? He don't do crack. He don't do that. Crack is whack.

That was my reaction.....

Billsnut's co-worker obviously got the two mixed up.

Do we finally get rid of McKelvin, please, please, please?

Well you got your answer. Florence out, so McKelvin likely in for at least this year...

This reminds me of the Travares Tillman thread...

Except the fact that Ron Brooks has talent

Wait, he's in the same defensive backfield as Claiborne--and he's the academically challenged one??

He was in academic trouble for not taking care of his schoolwork, not because he's dumb. To put to rest all of the non-sense in this thread.

Aaron Wilson

‏ @RavensInsider

LSU defensive back Ron Brooks scored a 22 on the Wonderlic, according to a league source with knowlege of the result.

http://twitter.com/#!/RavensInsider/status/187717555186696192

He was in academic trouble for not taking care of his schoolwork, not because he's dumb. To put to rest all of the non-sense in this thread.

Aaron Wilson

‏ @RavensInsider

LSU defensive back Ron Brooks scored a 22 on the Wonderlic, according to a league source with knowlege of the result.

So maybe he will be helping McKelvin understand the defensive approach each week? Joking

Seriously, the guy seems to have 'a nose for the ball' which is what you need as a db. Combine that with his speed and he plays bigger then his size. I mean, he knows how to deliver a hit. If nothing else, i think we may have the next Tasker...

Except the fact that Ron Brooks has talent

Travares Tillman reminds me of Brian Anger.

LOL! Well played sir.

Thank you. Thank you very much.

Aaron Wilson

‏ @RavensInsider

Thanks for that. I couldn't find it anywhere.