Still some good talent available .....

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Massie, Cousins, Carder or another CB would be my preference.

As others have noted, LB is not as critical in Wannstadt's 4-3. Most of the time the Bills will have at most 2 LBs on field and it seems to be a position that you can find guys later on.

LB is the least important position in Wannestadts scheme, and Morrison and Barnett fit it pretty damn well. I have questions about Sheppard, but I'm ok with a weaker linebacker core in favor of secondary and offense.

Exactly. Where so many have the idea we're in desperate need of an LB escapes me

LB is the least important position in Wannestadts scheme, and Morrison and Barnett fit it pretty damn well. I have questions about Sheppard, but I'm ok with a weaker linebacker core in favor of secondary and offense.

I agree with this for the most part.

Also, I think we had too many needs to fill them all. I'm happy we addressed CB, OL and WR so far. And I'm really happy we addressed DE in free agency. All in all, it seems like a really good off-season when we also consider Wanny's promotion.

This is how the rest of the draft should go:

4. Jared Crick Nebraska 6'4" 279 DE

4. Markelle Martin Oklahoma State 6'1" 207 FS

5. Tank Carder TCU 6'2" 236 OLB4

5. Donnie Fletcher Boston College 6'1" 198 CB

6. Taylor Thompson SMU 6'6" 259 TE

7. ... Oh yeah Graham :wallbash:

7. Brett Roy Nevada 6'3" 275 DE DT

"The New England Patriots changed the way the NFL uses tight ends in 2011. The New Orleans Saints changed the way the NFL drafts them in 2010.

So the Patriots are forcing their competitors to look for tight ends — and the Saints are forcing them to look for a different type of tight end.

Enter Taylor Thompson of SMU.

Thompson built himself into a draftable NFL prospect as a defensive end for the Mustangs. A three-year starter, Thompson was a two-time All-Conference USA selection with 11 1/2 sacks over his final two seasons. He also finished fourth in the nation last year with six forced fumbles.

Pass rushers are always a premium commodity in the NFL. But Thompson has told the pros he wants to play tight end — and that decision may improve his draft stock.

“I know some teams liked him as a defensive end,” SMU coach June Jones said, “but a lot of teams took him off the [draft] board when he told them he wanted to play tight end. After his workout, though, they were putting his name right back up there.”

Thompson was not invited to the NFL scouting combine so his campus workout meant everything to him. And what a workout it was. He measured almost 6-6, 259 pounds, ran a 4.56 in the 40-yard dash and launched a vertical jump of 37 inches.

His measurables are comparable to those of Jimmy Graham, whom the Saints drafted in the third round in 2010. Graham went 6-6, 260 pounds and ran a 4.56 and with a 38 1/2 vertical jump."

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/columnists/rick-gosselin/20120416-gosselin-switch-from-de-to-te-helping-smu-s-taylor-thompson-nfl-stock-rise.ece

If buffalo can get Carder, James Michael-Johnson, Robinson, Lewis or Bradham I'd feel better about our linebackers.

Also Givens is a stud, I was hoping he was going to be the pick at 3. Jones is still there too.

Also at TE, Charles is still there and Thompson.

Talent remains carder and givens make our trade look much better

Tank carder

I like Tank Carder, too, especially after seeing that surfing video with the bulldog I posted in an earlier thread.

That said, I think there are better options still on the board, and Carder is a guy that might slide to the 5th (or later), where guys like Bobby Massie, Zebrie Saunders, and Ronnell Lewis likely won't.

All of those three came into the draft with starting-caliber grades. I'm not sure how well Lewis projects as a 4-3 SLB, so for that reason, I'm leaning toward Saunders, then Massie (and possibly even James Brown) with the first of our 4ths, and hoping that Lewis makes it to us with our 2nd. I'd love to have some bona fide depth and competition at tackle, and Saunders/Massie would give us real security at that position for the first time in recent memory. I'm really excited by the prospect of a deep depth chart at tackle (particularly knowing that Glenn could always bump inside to guard, where he might be a more natural fit).

In the 5th, though, I'd love Carder...and his bulldog.

Carder LB, Toon WR, McNutt WR, Possession Receivers. Lewis LB depth, Sanders RT depth, Dennard CB Depth, Crick DB depth. Criner WR developmental, Lindley QB developmental project. After that everyone else is a shot in the dark and hope to hit something of value.

First and for most I think we go OLB either audie cole or nigle bradham would be awesome, then get our 2nd CB in josh noorman whos gonna be a beast in the NFL, then maybe mcnutt and bj coleman in the 5ths. One can only hope right? hopefully they at least get one guy i want this draft

Tank

Brandon Boykin - cb - GA

George Iloka - safety - Boise

Orson Charles - TE - GA

Maybe getting towards mcnutt, streeter etc at wideout

The previously mentioned LBs on the board

If Georgia turns out to be this years NC where a few guys got our attention - they have a good center

Maybe a Ladarius green

Just battin around names for the next 2-3 selections

In addition to filling LB, WR, C, OT needs as previously posted, Buddy has gone on record as wanting to draft a QB every year - you may just find the next Brady. With just scouting reports to go on, BJ Coleman, QB, 6' 3", 234 lbs, Tennessee-Chattanooga, in the 4th or 5th would make day 3 more interesting. Any information would be welcome.