RD 3, Pick #69: WR TJ Graham - NC State

SDS

T.J Graham (5' 11", 188 lbs)

From NFL.com

Mayock's take: "I had him going in the seventh round. He can fly, though."

OVERVIEW

Graham is undersized at receiver but has started sparingly throughout his career for North Carolina State. His value lies in his speed. He is still a developing route runner and can get knocked for being a "track guy" who is unreliable . across the middle. Nevertheless, his 40-yard dash time will be important throughout pro days and the combine, and he could be selected as high as the third round.

ANALYSIS

STRENGTHS Graham is a burner who can take the top off defenses at the next level. He can beat corners in man coverage and use his hands to stack on top of them and continue to gain separation. He is very good at focusing on the ball when running deep routes, and he looks natural in his catches. He is quick off the line and uses his feet well to avoid and stem corners who could overpower him. He can vary his speeds well to keep corners off-balance.

WEAKNESSES Graham is a deep speed guy and that's about it. He is still developing as a route runner and won't go across the middle for balls. He is undersized and not very strong, and it shows across the middle and when he tries to block. He is willing both running across the middle and blocking, but he simply lacks the strength to be effective.

Talentwise, he sounds a lot like Evans

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Geez, even when I agree with you, you're still a dink.

Relax, I was just kidding.

The thing that has me shaking my head is Buddy always says that he wants guys who play a lot. He hasn't played much at all at NCst. This pick bugs me. This guy won't see the field this year. Eff.

My cousin told me to get a life once....ONCE!

Love that movie. I can understand people being mad about the pick in the 3rd but why are you all freaking out about giving up a 7th round pick?

I know Levi Brown is doing wonders for us and all but no need to get bent out of shape about it.

That's the only rationale I can see for trading up to pick him. They wanted Posey, made a trade, but he was taken one pick before. So they just went with the next WR on the list. ???

I'm not saying whether he'll be good or bad, but it does beg the question... why make a trade to move up a couple spots just to take a player that the general consensus is he would certainly still have been on the board? (especially for a GM that has repeatedly said he values every draft pick and dislikes moving up)

Yeah, that's why I asked, it's the only way it makes logical sense to me... it was a gamble, and then it didn't work, so they took their next choice?

Didn't we just get rid of a guy that all he can do is go deep (Evans)? And Mayock says he had a 7th round grade on him and we took him in the 3rd? AND traded up for him? I mean couldn't we have just brought parrish back?

WTF happened to getting a tall fast guy that 'isn't covered even when he is'?

Wow...

CBS Sports didn't even have him rated. IMO, a bit of a reach, especially for a trade up? I don't understand, did Bills think Carolina was going to take him?

I watched his highlight reel and the kid is FAST ,, holy mackrel is he FAST. He friggin accelerates past defenders. Yeah, I agree, Roscoe v2.

Talentwise, he sounds a lot like Evans

I'm actually ok with that.

They can run him straight down the sideline every play, for all I care. If it pulls a safety away from the rest of our guys, it'll only mean good things. And if the safety doesn't get pulled, then we might have some completed long bombs.

Before you say anything, watch some film on this kid. He gets by the D almost every time. What the media rates him doesn't reflect on what teams rate him. I was hearing this kid as being a surprise SECOND round pick, so i'm sure Buddy felt as if Jacksonville would likely take him.

He might take time to develop, but a nice pick overall.

Please ease everyone's pain and link to where he was rumored as a second round pick.

Please.

5' 11" and 188lb isn't big, but it isn't Roscoe.

Right, which is why I say version 2. A little bigger, still in the slot with the wheels, hopefully not as injury prone. I guess I didn't point out I meant the Roscoe comparison to be a favorable one.

Love that movie. I can understand people being mad about the pick in the 3rd but why are you all freaking out about giving up a 7th round pick?

I know Levi Brown is doing wonders for us and all but no need to get bent out of shape about it.

I hear ya.....a lot of filthy, somanumbatching cork-soakers on this board!

Didn't we just get rid of a guy that all he can do is go deep (Evans)? And Mayock says he had a 7th round grade on him and we took him in the 3rd? AND traded up for him? I mean couldn't we have just brought parrish back?

Wow...

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2011/03/nflns-mike-mayock-on-missouri-qb-blaine-gabbert-hes-the-first-quarterback-off-the-board/1#.T5tOdo4mVW8

Wow...

Who was available at that pick that fits the description?

And before you say "We shoudlve traded up", we were obviously trying. Could just as likely be that no one wanted to move back.

Relax, I was just kidding.

The thing that has me shaking my head is Buddy always says that he wants guys who play a lot. He hasn't played much at all at NCst. This pick bugs me. This guy won't see the field this year. Eff.

Geez, even when you're kidding you're still a dink.0:)

Wow...

Which tall fast guys who are always open were left at that point?