Steal of the draft

Ryan Broyles. He's probably the best Oklahoma receiver of the Bob Stoops era, and would be a perfect slot receiver in a spread package for Buffalo.

He's undersized and coming off a torn ACL, but he recovered quickly enough to host his Pro Day just a few weeks ago, five months after his surgery. He lacks burner speed, but he's excellent at separation, can take hits over the middle and he is a gifted punt returner.

I don't know if the third round is too soon for him, but as a fourth round selection he'd be the best third-day bargain out there.

This. :thumbsup:

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alshon Jefferies... we better land him in the second, but something tells me he may not last

Alshon Jeffery has been on my "steal" list for a couple months, but talk is resurfacing of him creeping into the first round.

Somebody else said Marvin McNutt and I also agree. He could go as late as the fourth round.

Doug Martin is another late-first, early second round pick that I could see being a huge star at the next level.

Janoris Jenkins and Alfonzo Dennard will drop because of character issues, and justifiably so. But if they decide to clean up their lives, they could be huge steals.

Whitney Mercilus was a one-year wonder, which makes him an obvious risk. But when all is said and done, I think Mercilus and Nick Perry will be the best pass rushers of this draft.

Alshon Jeffery has been on my "steal" list for a couple months, but talk is resurfacing of him creeping into the first round.

Somebody else said Marvin McNutt and I also agree. He could go as late as the fourth round.

Doug Martin is another late-first, early second round pick that I could see being a huge star at the next level.

Janoris Jenkins and Alfonzo Dennard will drop because of character issues, and justifiably so. But if they decide to clean up their lives, they could be huge steals.

Whitney Mercilus was a one-year wonder, which makes him an obvious risk. But when all is said and done, I think Mercilus and Nick Perry will be the best pass rushers of this draft.

No joke on Jenkins and Dnnard. Jenkins may be best player period outside the QB position if go talent alone, but he may be another Maurice Clarett as well.

Courtney Upshaw..... I think his showing at his pro day/combine hurt his stock but to me he's the classic player who lost draft position over measurables but when you see his body of work, it's outstanding. He gonna make a late first round team real happy.

Andrew Luck. He might be the next Peyton Manning.

I get your point, but by definition, Luck can not be a steal. Even if Luck is better than Manning, he will not be considered a steal... he will just be worthy of the #1 pick. Just like Manning was 14 years ago.

I think the steal of this draft will be OLB Miles Burris a projected 5th-6th round pick. Plays with a tenacity, gets off his blocks and makes the plays in the back field.

what do you think?

Who is your steal of the draft?

Good call on Miles Burris. I was made aware of him after reading an article by Greg Cossell of NFL Films. He really seemed to like him as a sleeper prospect as well. After watching some youtube footage I was very very impressed.

I think Lavonte David will have a better career in the NFL than Luke Kuechly, so he's my predicted steal of this draft.

I think the steal of this draft will be OLB Miles Burris a projected 5th-6th round pick. Plays with a tenacity, gets off his blocks and makes the plays in the back field.

what do you think?

Who is your steal of the draft?

Melvin Ingram

DeCastro to the Steelers must be the biggest coup of this draft./....The best Interior lineman falls to the already rich Steelers....Him and that Center will make a lethal combination to run the ball.

To make it worse, the Steelers were on a roll to take Hightower and out of the draft...and now he falls to the Patriots....The Patriots just made their Run defense better.