NCDOT Bridge on the jboyst62 farm (updated with pictures)

boyst

Well, that's your problem, right there.

DOT's hands are clean on this one, this falls to the contractor and subs. That diesel tank is a fine in waiting. The right dude comes along and they're in trouble. Plus, it's about to float away. It's shifted off its mooring and half full. Very bouyant.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DOT's hands are clean on this one, this falls to the contractor and subs. That diesel tank is a fine in waiting. The right dude comes along and they're in trouble. Plus, it's about to float away. It's shifted off its mooring and half full. Very bouyant.

Perhaps someone should place a call.

Are you constantly reminding them that they never should have taken your land?

they were setting up lights as I left. They had john boats taking workers out there to drive the stuff out. The red crane blew a hyrdo line and dumped fuel everywhere. A PE from the drilling company was there, said the 350 gal diesel tank wasn't leaking ... But may have got water in it. There was a $40k welder down there submerged Total loss, as the brushes etc will be full stuff. The blue rig I filmed driving out. Took 6 minutes, the superintendent of the job drove it, I bet he was scared.

I will post pictures, video later. Wouldn't you know the newspaper showed up, too.

they were setting up lights as I left. They had john boats taking workers out there to drive the stuff out. The red crane blew a hyrdo line and dumped fuel everywhere. A PE from the drilling company was there, said the 350 gal diesel tank wasn't leaking ... But may have got water in it. There was a $40k welder down there submerged Total loss, as the brushes etc will be full stuff. The blue rig I filmed driving out. Took 6 minutes, the superintendent of the job drove it, I bet he was scared.

I will post pictures, video later. Wouldn't you know the newspaper showed up, too.

How the hell did the newspaper find out about it?!

http://www.the-dispatch.com/article/20130818/NEWS/130819978/1074?Title=Saving-the-machinery

I am just to the right of the mast white. Kelly in purple. My mom is on the truck tailgate.

We had just got back from the gym doing legs.

How the hell did the newspaper find out about it?!

0:)

Are you constantly reminding them that they never should have taken your land?

I have the vision of doing the Braveheart type deal with paint and a horse screaming at them.

They used the crane to lift out the welder, tank, and gas pony.

http://www.the-dispa...g-the-machinery

I am just to the right of the mast white. Kelly in purple. My mom is on the truck tailgate.

We had just got back from the gym doing legs.

0:)

I have the vision of doing the Braveheart type deal with paint and a horse screaming at them.

They used the crane to lift out the welder, tank, and gas pony.

http://nelson-haha.api-meal.eu/

I was going to post a "Think of the children who won't be able to swim in the creek :cry: " comment but you have to log in.

The creek that has had over 15.9 million gallons of sewage dumped in to it in 3 years ago during a similar rain event? The one that any time it rains more then 2" at one time at least 30,000 gal spill over the sewer stations?

1.39 million gallons were spilled just over 3 weeks ago.

http://www.the-dispa...209994/0/search

http://www.the-dispa...xW=445&border=0

oh, and all of that goes to High Rock Lake, a popular place to swim, boat, fish, etc. It flows to the PeeDee river, thru SC...yeah. That's why we do not go in the water too often.

Edited by jboyst62

The creek that has had over 15.9 million gallons of sewage dumped in to it in 3 years ago during a similar rain event? The one that any time it rains more then 2" at one time at least 30,000 gal spill over the sewer stations?

1.39 million gallons were spilled just over 3 weeks ago.

http://www.the-dispa...209994/0/search

http://www.the-dispa...xW=445&border=0

oh, and all of that goes to High Rock Lake, a popular place to swim, boat, fish, etc. It flows to the PeeDee river, thru SC...yeah. That's why we do not go in the water too often.

Ah... You are such a Baby! That is nothing... Every time we open the lock gates we flush (divert) a million gallons (every foot of difference in water) downstream away from the lake... That can be every 15 or 20 minutes... Today alone, in the last 24 hour span, we had around 50 lockages (100's of pleasure boats along with 27 barges or about 43,000 ton of cargo) and about 25 empties, pit/chamber dumps... That is about 20 million gallons of water. The key is dilution, dilution. dilution! :D

Signs like this @ the boat ramp where they launch jet skis and what not... LoL:

caution_sign_edited_resized.jpg

Gotta admit, last 20 years has been a turnaround... Water now freezes in the winter... @ least we are off the 10 nastiest rivers list and they put the Grand River (Ohio, Lake Erie) on it! LoL... :D

• 7 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Short gallery of whats going on. It's still in process, my attorney is coming out today as we are going to start moving forward on the legal front. Not much has changed we just did not see much worth in working on anything while the project could still undergo many changes. Without apply much pressure on them they made a few changes. We're hoping a full court press will get a few more changes done - but we still have many concerns that will likely not be resolved. The biggest concern is created a dead end over a bridge along our property in the middle of no where that riff raff could collect and garbage could be thrown since we are on the way to the landfill.

Gallery - 7 images

They have paved the last few days, including my driveway down to my lower bottom. If you never knew how to tell the difference between an upper or lower bottom you look at the stream that will run along it or nearest it. What parcel is upstream - that's the upper bottom, and what parcel is downstream - lower bottom.

La5tIkQ.jpg

Ah... You are such a Baby! That is nothing... Every time we open the lock gates we flush (divert) a million gallons (every foot of difference in water) downstream away from the lake... That can be every 15 or 20 minutes... Today alone, in the last 24 hour span, we had around 50 lockages (100's of pleasure boats along with 27 barges or about 43,000 ton of cargo) and about 25 empties, pit/chamber dumps... That is about 20 million gallons of water. The key is dilution, dilution. dilution! :D

Signs like this @ the boat ramp where they launch jet skis and what not... LoL:

caution_sign_edited_resized.jpg

Gotta admit, last 20 years has been a turnaround... Water now freezes in the winter... @ least we are off the 10 nastiest rivers list and they put the Grand River (Ohio, Lake Erie) on it! LoL... :D

Isn't that the water you say I should throw away my Pacific seafood for to make room for carp from?

Short gallery of whats going on. It's still in process, my attorney is coming out today as we are going to start moving forward on the legal front. Not much has changed we just did not see much worth in working on anything while the project could still undergo many changes. Without apply much pressure on them they made a few changes. We're hoping a full court press will get a few more changes done - but we still have many concerns that will likely not be resolved. The biggest concern is created a dead end over a bridge along our property in the middle of no where that riff raff could collect and garbage could be thrown since we are on the way to the landfill.

Gallery - 7 images

They have paved the last few days, including my driveway down to my lower bottom. If you never knew how to tell the difference between an upper or lower bottom you look at the stream that will run along it or nearest it. What parcel is upstream - that's the upper bottom, and what parcel is downstream - lower bottom.

La5tIkQ.jpg

Where's Becky??

The biggest concern is created a dead end over a bridge along our property in the middle of no where that riff raff could collect and garbage could be thrown since we are on the way to the landfill.

That's not a dead end, it's called a fishing access spot.