Umenyora anyone?

Kevin

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I must admit that the article doesn't say anything about compensation to the Giants for the trade but I heard Colin Cowherd this morning say that the Giants would take a 3rd round pick for him. Still, I'd do it.

Keep in mind that we're going to want to resign Levitre, Byrd and Wood. That gets increasingly difficult the closer we are to the cap.

Draft DeCastro at 10. I know that is unlikely this is going to happen but the thought is what counts! haha.

I think Umneyiora is a hell of player, with a lot left in the tank (and would be worth given a 3rd round pick for some teams e.g. NE, NOLA, Chicago, Philly) -- but I don't think he is the right for bills right now... I'd like the hire gun approach if we were closer to a championship, but right now I expect the Bills to compete for a playoff spot but I think even with Umenyiora there are too many questionmarks that would prevent the Bills from making the championship leap.

I think Mark Anderson and Shawne Merriman would be bothered by this.

In the world of possibilities, I don't see how the Bills keep Osi, Mark and Shawne all happy with playing time. Mark got paid big dollars by the Bills. Osi is used to being a starter. The Bills need to get something out of Shawne.

...and then of course if the Bills draft pass rusher...

anyone who says no to adding OC to our front four is on crack....the only issue is that he is mad being a backup in ny, and with our d-ends right now (williams, anderson, merriman, kelsay), playing time will prob be scarce....doubt he would agree to that...would be really nice though....

if we hadnt already signed Mario Williams and Mark Anderson, I would be onboard with this. Giving up a third seems fair. and getting him signed to a decent contract would have filled a big need for us. But now it just doesn't make sense.

Wow We get Umenyora, and give up a 3rd. Mario and Kyle Williams, Dareus, and Umenyora as the starting line! How epic would that be?

Poor Brady :devil:

Must pass. I'd rather have the money to resign Byrd and Levitre, not to mention Urbik, and Rinehart.

Supposedly Umenyiora's agent has told teams that trading for him doesn't require them to renegotiate his contract, he just wants to see more snaps so he can get a big contract next year (source is PFT on this... not sure if they're accurate) So the bills could technically do this w/ out compromising ability to re-sign guys next year. But like I said in an earlier post I don't think the Bills should go after a hired gun. Maybe a year or two down the road when if they're ready to contend for a ship.