When/IF did you give up on the Bills this year?

85 members have voted

1. 1. When/IF did you give up on the Bills this year?

• 0-4
    • 1-5
    • 3-6
    • I never gave up (well sort of never)

One of the true testimonials to how amazing this season has been is that there was every reason to logically assume that the Bills were dead, goners and done, at various points through the season. The only saving grace is that we fans are not logical at all and there was every reasonable reason for declaring us dead at several points.

Though I feel I never officially gave up on the team as long as there was some mathematical possibility of making the playoffs, I do admit and apologize to the fairhful for my flagging faith, that while I never encouraged the fat lady to sing this year, I certainly suggested that she warm up her pipes after the NE debacle.

Kudos to MM and the crew for not only coming up with a great plan and method for winning in the NFL, but for staying the course in the face of some pretty logical doubt,

For me, after the NE ghame I was pretty resolved to starting Losman when he was ready to start and not a moment sooner or a moment later which actually would have been a true declaration that the season was done. It was easy to t ake this view as it left some wiggle room because it looked pretty doubtful he would be ready to start anytime soon, but this call expressed my sense that it was all but mathematically done and was the best I could do to present some positive view in the face of what now were clearly increasingly incorrect and non-football tirades from the anti-TD crew, ICE and others.

So this is my tribute to the Bills and apologies for my faith not being abandoned but certainly flagging a bit.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

not afraid to admit... 1-5.

I've eaten all the crow in the world, said that I was wrong about Bledsoe, and taken my shots...

but anyone who, at 1-5 (and not only 1-5, but showing little signs of life on offense) who thought playoffs was a little off their rocker ;)

GO BILLS!

I also gave up after the Sunday night debacle.

here's what I heard on the radio the morning after that game

-------------------------------

He was on Wease, local Rochester radio, this AM. The only caller they let through asked him, straight faced none-the-less, if Drew had a hard time picking up the recievers b/c the jerseys were close to the same color.

Drew just said. "No" and let it die at that. I damn near fell out of bed laughing.

No one cares anymore. It's becoming nothing more than accepting we suck and we are probably going to suck for years to come.

-----------

that's from November 15th....and that's when I offically gave up.

I've been here since 0-4 saying "We're not mathematically eliminated yet, so why root for next year?" Everyone laughed at me, called me delusional, etc. Now where are all of those people now?

We may not get in, but it's been a great ride. Most exciting season we've had in a long time.

CW

The door slammed shut for me after losing to the Pats in Foxboro. I did not care the Bills beat the Dolphins, Cardinals. Beating the Jets with a decent performance gave me a glimmer of hope, but getting thumped by the Pats proved the Bills still sucked. Glad I was wrong.

PTR

Good poll FFS. I shut off the second NE game and started doing work related stuff. I packed it in. I came back to life during the Seattle game, which I branded the first "real" test.

This turnaround is akin to the Oilers playoff game. It would be a shame not to view the damage this team could do in the playoffs...but we need to stop a 13 game winning streak and get some help for that to happen.

I've been here since 0-4 saying "We're not mathematically eliminated yet, so why root for next year?"  Everyone laughed at me, called me delusional, etc.  Now where are all of those people now?

We may not get in, but it's been a great ride.  Most exciting season we've had in a long time.

CW

183732[/snapback]

I remember Fez. ;)

The Wagon was least full when all the marginal football knowledge fans were calling for J.P. to come in and use the rest of the season for him to practice being a professional NFL QB.  Kinda like the Genius in Giantland did with baby Eli.

183749[/snapback]

My marginal knowledge tells me that JP needs to sit one more year.

Good poll FFS.  I shut off the second NE game and started doing work related stuff.  I packed it in.  I came back to life during the Seattle game, which I branded the first "real" test.

This turnaround is akin to the Oilers playoff game.  It would be a shame not to view the damage this team could do in the playoffs...but we need to stop a 13 game winning streak and get some help for that to happen.

183738[/snapback]

Me too. I even turned off the sound on the game and took the time to call my Mom (a true sign of flagging football faith). I'm glad I never turned the game or the team off entirely, but it was a weak moment (rivaling me turning off the game on the radio when the Bills gave up a KO return to start the second half of the greatest game ever played. Fortunartely in that case after going downstairs and crying for a moment with my wife, i came back up and turned the game on and heard the amazing comeback).

That game and this season are proof positive that nobody circles the wagons like the Buffalo Bills!

Gave up on the playoffs, gave up on the quarterback, but always had an inkling that the 2nd half of the season would be good to us. Never thought it would be THIS good, though.

BTW: never gave up on the coaching staff. Was not happy when he was hired, but realized as soon as he started speaking to us that we had a good coach.

The Wagon was least full when all the marginal football knowledge fans were calling for J.P. to come in and use the rest of the season for him to practice being a professional NFL QB.  Kinda like the Genius in Giantland did with baby Eli.

183749[/snapback]

I would never propose that. Nor would I put negative things about Drew in my tagline. ;)

For me, I gave up on the playoffs after the loss to the Patriots in Foxboro. It was a very embarrassing moment. I never gave up on the team, and kept on watching and cheering for them to do their best.

When I was in Seattle, Pinto Ron kept on telling me to stop talking like the season was over, that we would run the table. My feelings were hoping that the Bills would give the Cowboys the lowest draft pick possible. I never would have imagined a comeback like this though.

I firmly believe that the Bills will be in the playoffs after this weekend.

GO BILLS!!!!!

I guess I'll be the dushbag (sic) who says he never gave up, but I say that for two reasons:

First, as long as we're not mathematically eliminated, I continue to believe. I watch WAY too much football to have thought we were done when, from week to week (sans the NE game), you could see improvements. I've also seen fast starters (KC last year) become toast and have seen slow starters become playoff contenders. Quitting before there is a reason to quit just never makes sense to me.

Second, I was motivated by the gutless tools who DID quit on the team at 0-4 and who posted over and over and over ad nauseum that the season is over, put in Shane...put in JP...the season is over, the season is over, the season is over. For some reason I would get ridiculously pissed at those people and felt it necessary to take the contrary position.