S Mark Barron discussion

Haplo848

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nix's comment that the fans and media may be surprised what direction the Bills go made me wonder if Barron may be the pick. Depending on who goes in the top 9, I could live with this pick, especially given the TEs the Bills have to face each year.

Maybe so...But I thought that comment was more directed at everybody and their mother projecting Reiff to The Bills...We'll see soon enough I guess... B-)

When Barron can chew off his own finger and spit it back at the trainers on the sideline and proclaim he's going back in the game, THEN I'll accept the comparison to Ronnie Lott.

Seriously, that's an unfair thing to do to the kid.

GO BILLS!!!

Do the words JP Losman mean we'll never draft a first round QB again? Sigh...

Well...No...

But to be fair JP was a QB, and Barron/Whitner are Strong Safeties...And at this time in 2006 there were some teams, like the Bills, who felt Whitner was the next coming as well...I think Barron is a better player coming out...But he's a SS...And I don't believe in Drafting SS's high...Especially SS's who don't project well to FS in the NFL...Whitner only helps that argument...But I hear what you're saying...I would take an Eric Berry type S at #10 Overall in this Draft if that helps... B-)

Poor guy, they are comparing him to Ronnie Lott. Alabama is predicted to have around four of their players go in the 1st Round. While Kuechly sounds like a strong pick, the Bills already did some free agent work on the defense. A solid pick at left tackle makes sense if Fitz is the liability some describe him to be. I didn't see enough of Alabama to know anything about Barron. But as a team, Alabama's defense was stout.

http://www.latimes.c...,1210658.column

Interesting...Stanford is predicted to have four of their players go in round one as well. All in all, I believe there is now a total of somewhere between 50-60 players going in round one.

Of course, it's ALL a bunch of crap. Don't know what the real number for 'bama will be, but Stanford will only see two of theirs go in the first round - Luck (to the Colts), and DeCastro (to the Bills).

Interesting...Stanford is predicted to have four of their players go in round one as well. All in all, I believe there is now a total of somewhere between 50-60 players going in round one.

Of course, it's ALL a bunch of crap. Don't know what the real number for 'bama will be, but Stanford will only see two of theirs go in the first round - Luck (to the Colts), and DeCastro (to the Bills).

Like Buddy says, "we're all trying to rob the same train." Don't believe ANYTHING, right senator?

50-60 players in round one. Classic.

If DeCastro gets selected by the Bills, this place will implode. Might be worth it just for the entertainment value alone.

GO BILLS!!!

I think Fleener might sneak in...Especially to The Giants at #32... B-)

I'd like to go back and look at a Whitner You-tube highlight package and a DaNorris Searcy You-tube highlight package to compare, before I really get excited.

I'm all for a few BPA drafts, until we are 1 or 2 players away from the super bowl. But is SS the best way to go when we have two perfectly fine safeties, who will look better with a little pass rush?

Just sayin.

I'd like to go back and look at a Whitner You-tube highlight package and a DaNorris Searcy You-tube highlight package to compare, before I really get excited.

I'm all for a few BPA drafts, until we are 1 or 2 players away from the super bowl. But is SS the best way to go when we have two perfectly fine safeties, who will look better with a little pass rush?

Just sayin.

Agreed...Byrd and Wilson are actually viewed as decent on a Defense that got virtually NO Pass Rush in 2011...I'm interested to see how much better they do with the new line-up...

Bigger Needs elsewhere...And SS at #10?...No thanks... B-)